Industry Standard ?: A bud vs B bud vs Trim Percentages for a "normal" harvest

• Thread starter mykecarton1206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mykecarton1206

mykecarton1206

Hello, my name is Mykel and I work for a commerical marijuana company in Massachusetts. I am having some trouble finding solid information or industry standards for what is "typical" for a regular harvest. I am hoping some can share some info from their experience if any data has been collected on a commerical grow scale and would appreciate any input!
Currently is seems that out of a standard harvest (lets say 140lb dried weight) only about 25% goes to A grade flower, 25% B bud (popcorn nugs and preroll material) and about 50% ends up going to be processed into distillate (trim/shake/stems/extraction etc).
Is anyone else tracking what % of their harvest gets allocated into these categories? If so do these numbers seem about average or should there be much more A grade flower coming out of such a harvest? What are your approx percentages of A grade, B grade, and trim per harvest?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it seems tricky to find online! Thanks!

mikeross

mikeross

You shouldn't have to much "b" grade or popcorn bud if your training and removing anything that won't make it into the light. I'm pretty aggressive in the way I lollipop my plants. Everything ends up being large to medium buds with very few small buds mixed in the bag. I'm in Canada and its sold as a Quad or AAAA, if there are slight issues in the grow its sold as a Trip or AAA which is still considered really nice bud. I dry trim and only keep the trim, I throw away everything else. Not sure what the percentage of trim I have.

I don't know anything about distillates... people add stems and shake to make it?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Suggest visiting some operations in legal states and asking. If you have some sort of credentials from a marijuana licensing authority you should be able to arrange a look see and ask a few questions.

Colorado requires retail selling operations to grow a minimum of 70% of the products they offer.

I’m in Alaska and been in several. Professional courtesy can be found.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Or ask professional trimmers. They definitely exist. They operate on contracts and are beholden to nobody. Facebook friend request Triminy Cricket. She’s highly sought after. Fast and reliable. Ask her.

Top Bottom