Inexperienced needing a little help

• Thread starter cainjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cainjm

cainjm

Round 2 of a random seed. She is outdoor and I fertilize with advanced solutions the bloom, grow and micro. 1 gallon of water and 15 ml of each through out the week and plain water to supplement. I've noticed almost no trichomes. She has been through a lot of heat stress so I've had it in the shade for a few days. I bought a light and timer but do not have a completely dark area. Will I ever produce anything good?

Inexperienced needing a little help
Inexperienced needing a little help 2
Inexperienced needing a little help 3
Inexperienced needing a little help 4
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Don’t listen to that guy he tells everyone to either give up on their plants or gives some other off the wall advice that’s never really helpful.
I would do some research here at the farm. It doesn’t look terrible, definitely seen waaaay worse. The pot looks a bit small, and there’s a bunch you could trim off that will help with air flow and production. If you’re growing outdoors you have to wait for the season to be over I’m in zone 5 so that’s like Octoberish here. Also 15 ml of each micro, gro and bloom to one gallon sounds like a lot. Do you have a ph meter and a ppm/ ec pen? If not you should invest in them.
I would certainly get in there today and pull all those leaves that look like their waiting for a strong breeze to take them off. And that one random branch at the bottom could go too. You want to trim her back so the nodes are getting light, those fan leaves blocking the bud sites are doing more harm than good.
trichomes will come as it matures.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Also it looks like you might have some insect issues, not too sure though. If you have a jewelers loop or microscope check the leaves look for little white, black or red specs. There are insect treatments that can be done right up to harvest.
All those dead and dying leaves are a good way to attract insects.

Ponky

Ponky

It's not growing right. It will never give you viable buds to smoke. It might eventually grow big fluffy air buds. No. After a few decades of growing and selling weed. No. That plant is wasting your time. You have single and triple blade leaves. Pests. Bag seed. And no controlled environment. If you want to grow some weed to smoke you might want a tent and a light. Or spend 40 bucks on a plant that will never produce bud you want to smoke.

Will I ever produce anything good? Not with that plant in those conditions. Thats not where good weed comes from. You want strong genetics. Not fucked up looking plants.
Can you grow all your smoke in a 4x4 tent with a basic light? Yeah. Good seeds. Good weed. Never try to save a garbage plant.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Dude you’re unrealistic, there’s a bunch of people just starting out on here looking for advice or trying to learn and even though you’re knowledgeable you post these snarky answers and come off like a cunt. A lot can be learned from a bagseed grow and if you fuck it up you haven’t wasted money on seeds with good genetics. My first grow was bag seed and I’m glad it was because I had all kinds of problems. Everyone has to crawl before they walk. I guess with all your infinite wisdom you didn’t crawl but started with an all out sprint lmao, How do you not understand that with your 30 years of experience? It’s also different for someone growing a couple plants or a couple dozen, if a few out of the dozen give you issues yeah toss em, but think about new growers usually just a couple of plants, they come here with a problem looking to join the community and get some advice , then you come along and say it’s garbage just chop it and speed dry it and sell the moldy bud, or that plant will never produce anything of value or whatever it’s completely bull shit and totally useless.

Ponky

Ponky

Dude you’re unrealistic, there’s a bunch of people just starting out on here looking for advice or trying to learn and even though you’re knowledgeable you post these snarky answers and come off like a cunt. A lot can be learned from a bagseed grow and if you fuck it up you haven’t wasted money on seeds with good genetics. My first grow was bag seed and I’m glad it was because I had all kinds of problems. Everyone has to crawl before they walk. I guess with all your infinite wisdom you didn’t crawl but started with an all out sprint lmao, How do you not understand that with your 30 years of experience? It’s also different for someone growing a couple plants or a couple dozen, if a few out of the dozen give you issues yeah toss em, but think about new growers usually just a couple of plants, they come here with a problem looking to join the community and get some advice , then you come along and say it’s garbage just chop it and speed dry it and sell the moldy bud, or that plant will never produce anything of value or whatever it’s completely bull shit and totally useless.
You're just wrong and emotional. The advice is solid. Will that plant grow good weed? can you grow good weed at home? Yes. Will you need to make a small investment? Yes. I literally have been eating off growing since I was putting plants on handle bars to grow outdoor. Don't waste time with bad genetics if you want to smoke good weed. It's the truth. Feel any way you want about it.

How you know its not good. It has single and 3 prong leaves. It's growing weird and covered on pests. It's not difficult. There should be no feeling attached to a plant you grow for fun to smoke.

I'm literally the guy you wait to see that opens your pic. Smells it. Squeezes it. And looks at a bud and tells you yes or no. Imagine if those people felt emotions when you told them no one wants your load and you have PM.

There is no reason to grow a plant that won't give you a bag of weed you want to smoke. And to spend money to finish growing one? Just grab a tent setup. Some good seeds or clones. And do basic grows. Because now you know what a useless plant looks like. Never become attached to something you plan to hold hostage and kill and consume.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

In the interest of balance, I can say from first hands experience that when Ponky sees a first time grow he likes, he says so and doesn't mince his words. It's given me a lot of confidence. Yes you could get a bag seed and 'learn', I took another route. I did hours of reading and research using a little known resource called the world wide web, spent the money on a tent and LEDs with adequate ppfd and paid my $20 a seed to get excellent genetics. 30 days in:

C98BE84E 2BA4 4EEF BE13 AD7080BF7CF1

All went one prong, three, five, seven by the fourth node, and was able to top at day 25 with explosive growth almost immediately. A lot of this is down to the help I got from Ponky and Aqua Man and Florica and Comfortably Numb and many others. Maybe the link between the posts of Ponky that you don't like isn't Ponky but the people coming to him with garbage and asking him to polish a turd. I'd much rather get real feedback that helps me avoid doing dumb stuff. Better to learn from other people's fuck ups than have to make them yourself. I'm hardly a genius but I've got my first grow a good way thru veg with pretty good results by doing my research, starting with the right gear ( especially genetics) and being willing to take criticism as it was intended without getting hurt. That's all of my two cents ☺️ Peace

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Unfortunately, this plant is in a sad state of despair.

It started to flower, again, before it completed its re-veg process. Yikes.

Not to mention a host of other issues.

You can try to hang in there til Halloween to see what happens, but I would set your expectation bar to “extra-low”

mancorn

mancorn

I’d bet money freezeland2 is right. OP said this is an outdoor grow (so all the advice about tents and lights is moot) and wouldn’t be the least bit surprise that it started as a clone and revegged and why it has all the single & three bladed leaves and super bushy. But it’ll fill out in the next couple months and produce fine buds. Sure it might not be the greatest harvest of all time, but you can’t restart outdoor in August. Since it’s so bushy there’s no reason not to clip off all the dead and yellow leaves and put the plant back outside.

cainjm

cainjm

It's cool. I took it more of constructive criticism. That person obviously has forgotten their first fuck ups. But I understood and appreciated their views and advice.

Ponky

Ponky

For a beginner with light issues I'd suggest a nice robust auto flower. Like a critical kush. Grows quick. Is forgiving. Preventative use of pesticide and fungicide. And a basic soil or promix and 1 stage feed. And within a year or two. With patience and good genetics you'll be growing excessive amounts of good weed. And you'll be happy with it. I'd suggest doing so if you smoke pot regularly. A small tent setup. Is ideal.
It has never been easier in my opinion to grow and have good pot. You can buy the stuff on Amazon you need. And good genetics are now just available online. With a Visa card even. Tracking numbers. It's fun to grow. And takes as much work as an aquarium. Grow something you enjoy. And don't worry about the first few grows. Those are practice. Way better than someone that has to grow without a choice.

Madbud

Madbud

But ponky didn’t help you. First, that black plastic pot cooks the roots in sunlight and shes feeding off her lower leaves now. Mainly, you put it outside too early, she started to flower, realized the nights were getting shorter instead of longer and revegged. You will eventually get some trichomes but harsh because its leafy. If plants start indoors under 24 or 18 hour light cycles they almost surely reveg unless you wait til June. Gradually bring the hours down to 14-15 before moving them out next year.
Edit: you can try feeding some calmag to boost the nitrogen and color the pot white or wrap with a wet towel to cool the soil and roots during the day.

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

But ponky didn’t help you. First, that black plastic pot cooks the roots in sunlight and shes feeding off her lower leaves now. Mainly, you put it outside too early, she started to flower, realized the nights were getting shorter instead of longer and revegged. You will eventually get some trichomes but harsh because its leafy. If plants start indoors under 24 or 18 hour light cycles they almost surely reveg unless you wait til June. Gradually bring the hours down to 14-15 before moving them out next year.
Edit: you can try feeding some calmag to boost the nitrogen and color the pot white or wrap with a wet towel to cool the soil and roots during the day.
I have one outside right now that reveg’d. It’s in flower now. I have no intention of smoking that bitch. Lol. It’s solid leafs. She’ll be harsh for sure. But it will be fine when turned in to canna butter.

cainjm

cainjm

For a beginner with light issues I'd suggest a nice robust auto flower. Like a critical kush. Grows quick. Is forgiving. Preventative use of pesticide and fungicide. And a basic soil or promix and 1 stage feed. And within a year or two. With patience and good genetics you'll be growing excessive amounts of good weed. And you'll be happy with it. I'd suggest doing so if you smoke pot regularly. A small tent setup. Is ideal.
It has never been easier in my opinion to grow and have good pot. You can buy the stuff on Amazon you need. And good genetics are now just available online. With a Visa card even. Tracking numbers. It's fun to grow. And takes as much work as an aquarium. Grow something you enjoy. And don't worry about the first few grows. Those are practice. Way better than someone that has to grow without a choice.
If though you were a dick at first thanks for the advice. I have a pond and ive had tons of trials and tribulation but finally seeing happy healthy fish is awesome and that's sorta how I viewed growing. I bought soil and the fertilizer, then eventually the light but obviously don't know enough yet to produce nice buds. A questions: what's the indication you seen that tells you the plant has bugs?

Also you really think I should dump it? I think I want to try to smoke it just to know what I don't want. Haha.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I agree with Ponky about shit plants. If you have to run one all the way through flower knowing it’s a suck plant you’re learning too slowly. Weak genetics, poor environment or whatever. It flies or it dies in my garden.

Ponky

Ponky

The little white spots are generally thrips. It gets progressively worse. They're almost a guaranteed pest to get. if you order some good auto flower seeds you can be smoking in 3 months. if you like to smoke like a quarter a day or more you almost need a tent. I suggest 5x5 or 4x8. A light. Air filter and some basics to start. If you like aquariums. You'll love growing indoor pot.

The problem with thrips isn't if. It's when. So I pretreat. Then once buds start the plant is on its own. If thrips hit a plant early it ends up getting fungus. From the insect excretion. For good bud you keep pests at bay. Trim the dead low leaves away and you should have nice weed at the end of the day. I prefer a basic off the shelf Sulphur based organic approved spray. But there are a lot of options.

After you grow enough weed for a few months. Switch to a photo period strain. Then you can mother the weed you like. And perpetual harvest. You can achieve your weed goals in about a year or 2.

I would go plant that thing near some flowing water away from site. And let it be wild. See if it makes it. Just for fun.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I can't say I never plant bag seed because sometimes I do. However, there's a ton of truth to starting with good genetics. I feel for those that see $10 and up per seed as expensive. They are, but in my eyes, it's a worthwhile investment.

There is another option that gives you decent genetics at a price where mistakes won't break the bank. I started out ordering my seeds here: https://oaseeds.com/en/173-bulk-feminized Once I gained some confidence in my ability to grow good bud crop after crop, I began buying the more expensive seeds in well known breeder packs.

The bulk seeds option provides the opportunity to learn and the genetics really are pretty good!

Top Bottom