Infestation beginning in 2nd week flower

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeggox

Skeggox

This is the 3rd leaf in 2 days I've spotted with these fuckers. I've been using plant therapy at one oz per gallon every 7 to 10 days but they managed to make it in. The website states that you can actually increase the solution to 2 oz per gal and up the alcohol 1 more oz a gal. Bottle states in bad cases can be applied 3 to 5 days In a row. Mine isn't there yet. Can anyone identify this and tell me the best solution since I'm bout to hit week 3? There is a front and rear pic of the bastard. And an aerial

Infestation beginning in 2nd week flower
Infestation beginning in 2nd week flower 2
Infestation beginning in 2nd week flower 3
Ponky

Ponky

Remove all the damage. Spray them plants top to bottom now. And every 3 days until they've been sprayed 3 times. I use safers 3 in 1. Westcoast plant therapy is popular.

Skeggox

Skeggox

Remove all the damage. Spray them plants top to bottom now. And every 3 days until they've been sprayed 3 times. I use safers 3 in 1. Westcoast plant therapy is popular.
Lost Coast Plant Therapy is what I use. I just haven't went to spraying every day for 3 to 5 days yet. Just every 7 to 10 for prevention. Yesterday was the first sign I caught of them. Only 3 leafs or spots in the canopy so it's minimal from what I can tell. But I'm fixing to rain hell on them lol

Skeggox

Skeggox

Has anyone ever increased the amount of alcohol to a pesticide spray like lost coast recommends can be done? I'm skeptical about it when there is pistils

Ponky

Ponky

Not sure about ratio. But every 3 days when there is a problem is my go to.

Skeggox

Skeggox

My final question is how hard are caterpillars to kill and eliminate? Am i going to need to increase the concentration to knock them out ? The site recommends 2oz/gal on infestation. Are they difficult enough to require that much application? Or are they simple enough if it's not out of controll

Skeggox

Skeggox

I'm ignorant on the difficulties of eliminating certain pest. And in flower at that.

Ponky

Ponky

My final question is how hard are caterpillars to kill and eliminate? Am i going to need to increase the concentration to knock them out ? The site recommends 2oz/gal on infestation. Are they difficult enough to require that much application? Or are they simple enough if it's not out of controll
Need to mechanically remove them and whatever branch they burrowed into. And poison them a whole bunch of times. They're tough. Usually people use fire to kill them.

Heywood

Heywood

Is that an indoor grow?
Making me think I should give my plants a booster dose of SNS209. The plants uptake trace amounts of Rosemary and apparently bugs hate the taste of it.
I take it the black specks in the pics are caterpillar crap?
Bastards!
Hope you get it cleared up bud!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I think Monterey BT is what you want to use for caterpillars. Or something of that nature.
Bingo thats it. Monterey BT. Short for Bactilis Therealus or some shit like that. its the bomb. Only issue is it can leave a little bit of film on your product. I never use it late in flower but only 2 weeks in you should be fine. Give it a good spray a few day back to back. Then after you really let it soak in you can spray your plants with some fresh water to remove any excess still built up on the leaves. Its a bacteria its organic all natural. This particular type of beneficial bacteria attacks the caterpillars immune system and they become weak and turn light yellow and die within a few days. You will start to see the little fuckers falling of your plant in a slow-mo death drop. I have dealt with caterpillars many times. you gotta stay on it hard early in flower cuz if you slack the moths will keep laying eggs and by harvest your shit will be like swiss cheese with caterpillars. Ive had virtual entire grows ruined.

Skeggox

Skeggox

Is that an indoor grow?
Making me think I should give my plants a booster dose of SNS209. The plants uptake trace amounts of Rosemary and apparently bugs hate the taste of it.
I take it the black specks in the pics are caterpillar crap?
Bastards!
Hope you get it cleared up bud!
Yes sir. First 2 had very minimal pest. This one hot out the gate with these assholes in week 2. And my guess is it's shit. Looks like shit under a scope..... I thought they quit making SNS209 or something similar?

TSD

TSD

Caterpillars are tough, or bud worms, some burrow into your stems and lay eggs and are near impossible to get rid of because they are legit inside the stems. Some just curl up in the leaves and get cozy, which it looks like that might be the kind you have... How'd you get Caterpillars inside? I had one plant with them last year outside, I chopped it, washed it and threw it to the butter pile cause I don't have the ambition to combat them in late flower, or anytime really, and I'm not smoking Caterpillar poo.

Skeggox

Skeggox

Caterpillars are tough, or bud worms, some burrow into your stems and lay eggs and are near impossible to get rid of because they are legit inside the stems. Some just curl up in the leaves and get cozy, which it looks like that might be the kind you have... How'd you get Caterpillars inside? I had one plant with them last year outside, I chopped it, washed it and threw it to the butter pile cause I don't have the ambition to combat them in late flower, or anytime really, and I'm not smoking Caterpillar poo.
Idk man. The grow is in the back of my garage in a closed off room. Insulated and everything. The whole garage. But I have to keep my mower in the front half.... last year I had only fungus gnats be an issue through 2 grows. A stray bug here and there. This year I mow one fucking time. Spray my mower off and the next week I find 3 of these fucks on my ladies

Skeggox

Skeggox

Never had an issue with pests that will damage my plants during the entire mowing season last year. I'll have to start spraying the mower with bleach every use. Idk how else he did.

TSD

TSD

Idk man. The grow is in the back of my garage in a closed off room. Insulated and everything. The whole garage. But I have to keep my mower in the front half.... last year I had only fungus gnats be an issue through 2 grows. A stray bug here and there. This year I mow one fucking time. Spray my mower off and the next week I find 3 of these fucks on my ladies
That sucks. I do outdoor so I'm used to pests, they just come with the territory, it's their environment after all... my goal is to stop an infestation and do all I can to keep them away in the first place ... and I usually fail lol. I always wash my harvest though, so whatever.

Top Bottom