infestation

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

ive got a thrip infestation so ive brought a few bug bombs and some spinosad .5 after reading some threads here.
Can anybody tell me if theres something that ive missed please?

stickyicky

stickyicky

What bombs you using? I've have a similar issue w/ thrips. Would'nt call it and infestation but, I do want to take care of it before flippin. I've got Doktor Doom. Little leary about blastin it off w/ a room full of girls in veg. Gonna do it though.

G

GroHi

GT~ you sure you need to bomb the room yet? Just seems pretty harsh for the plants...

What kind-of thrips are they... color/bandings?

I've run spinosad on mites & didn't have the best of luck, but it was a soil mite, so...?

Thrips usually die w insecticidal soap (soft stuff for plants). I'll foliar w this, squash all the adults I can see, then foliar w Azatrol the next day... tops & bottoms & stems & pots/medium. Squash any you might see on a day to day basis, then repeat the soap/neem in a week. As long as you get everything, the x2 combo works well. Raise the lights w foliaring/drying & very soft on the girls. Peace.

N

nughit

I have used spinosad with great success battling thrips. I have used DoktorDoom in my veg room with plants in there and they took it like a champ no problems what so ever.

stickyicky

stickyicky

I have used spinosad with great success battling thrips. I have used DoktorDoom in my veg room with plants in there and they took it like a champ no problems what so ever.

Bombed vegging plants three days ago w/ Doktor Doom and no problems.

Gonna do it again today to get hatchlings.

C

Chesney

Had a problem with thrips too a short while ago, used Pyrethrum 5EC from pro grow and a bonus of being 100%certified organic. copied the next bit from the website but thats what sold it for me.

Kills thrips, spring tail, whitefly, aphids, flea beetle and caterpillars.
*this is THE most effective organic spray for the control of thrip. Anyone who has suffered with thrips will tell you what a pain they are to get rid of. At last we have found a 100% organic spray that finishes them off good and proper!
• For use on all plants, vegetables, soft fruit and ornamentals.
• Great for use in indoor or outdoor growing systems.
• Leaves no residues.
• Harvest just 24hrs from last treatment.
• Also controls Spring Tails.
• Can be used in certified organic systems.
Dilution rate: 4ml per 1ltr of water as a spray or 2ml per 5ltrs in solution for the control of springtails.

Chesney.

G

greenthumb

Ive used the fortefog bomb and it didnt help so now im waiting for the spinosad so i can spay the shit out of the plants plus as an added bonus its organic so it shouldnt bother the plants.

20north

bomb the fuck out of the room i use them all the time i drop the attains though they seem a little stronger doctor doom is legit doesnt do a bad job your just about 99% out of luck trying to kill the eggs that way........................................... i know it sucks couldnt this be easier ..... i have a problem with moth larva.. you have to get the eggs theres some strong chemicals you can use for that neem doesnt seem to work for me though

sticky please tell us how it works out ... if you really did get the hachlings....

Top Bottom