Info for first time coco grow

• Thread starter Solidopc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solidopc

Solidopc

Ahoy mates! I have just planted a couple of fem seeds to germ in root riot cubes. When they germ, for the first time, rather than plant them into soil, i will be planting them into coco.

I'm not sure however, exactly what EC i should start a seedling off at? I was thinking 0.4-0.6 would be OK to start when it's very small? And how often should i go up 0.1 EC, every week or more or less?

My tap water is 0.28 EC. I will be using canna coco a+b, plus regenaroot. And from reading will ph my water to 5.8

Also, do i allways use the a+b in equal measures? I was looking at their NPK ratios, and they are the same, which seems weird, so doesn't look like much point tweaking it all. I was thinking the a might have a higher N and the b higher P and K.

Anyway, i'd appreciate all you coco growers help here, so i don't screw it up. I'm hoping to grow all my plants this way if this goes well. Thanks for the help.

F

FastForward

Check Zoo's nute thread for advice, but I think 1ml/l should be fine (EC1.0ish). When I make my baby juice mix (Formulex + Rhiz) it's about EC1.2 and I've never burned a seed/seedling/clone with it. Move them up to low doses of AB (e.g. 1-2ml/l) in a few days, maybe week depending on how they grow.

Yes, always add AB in equal measures, and separately. Useful to put a mixer pump in your bucket/tank to keep things moving whilst you're mixing.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I have some forumlex, but not rhizotonic. So you don't feed them a+b for the first week or so? Will i burn them feeding them in the first week? I could make a mix of the regenaroot and formulex to start.

So i'm thinking my 0.4-0.6 was a tad low, and i should start around EC 1.0?

Also, which section is Zoo's nute thread?

F

FastForward

I have some forumlex, but not rhizotonic. So you don't feed them a+b for the first week or so? Will i burn them feeding them in the first week? I could make a mix of the regenaroot and formulex to start.

So i'm thinking my 0.4-0.6 was a tad low, and i should start around EC 1.0?

Also, which section is Zoo's nute thread?

Formulex and Regenaroot will be fine...just add them in at the recommended quantities and pH balance to 5.5. You won't burn them for the first week, or seems most unlikely. Check the EC of your mix....as long as it's around 1.0 you should be fine..but obviously it depends on strain.

I'm a big fan of the Canna nute schedule - for 'normal' feeding with hardwater background EC of 0.6 they suggest EC1.5, so 1.0 keeps you well safe imho.

Top Bottom