Info on dyna gro and bloom

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Need time. Only some young veg are totally pro mix and dyna grow.

I have been transfering from ocean forest and pure blend pro.

My pbp must have gone bad as i have been battling deficiencies a while and now the pbp grow has sediment in it. Never seen that before so i bought the dyna grow stuff.
Well I just ordered foliage pro and protekt I'll start flowering in a week and I've only used roots organic soil and up potted 2 times with tap water on these two clones I bought. So I'll start a grow log in a week when I flip and actually start using nutes and ro water.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cant argue with your current results. Thats for sure!

But i never had deficiencies or lack of branching or any complains really til these last months.

I got my highest yield ever right before. 7.5 oz from a seed plant in ocean forest with 25% large perlite added and just pure blend pro grow.

A #3 nursery pot is actually like 2.4 gallons of soil. I dont think i could do much better with 6 weeks veg.

I want to match it with the pro mix and dyna grow for cost and no more mixing perlite.

To be honest, I didnt have too many complaints about my results before this recent switch. Always had healthy plants, but a few strains that would pinstripe. And almost always purple petioles in flower on a couple strains.

And I know I've changed several variables on this grow. But the variables have all been tested independantly by growers other than myself to see what does what. And these effects are clearly hormonal and flowering signals, and much more rapid early onset development. From my perspective that isnt likely to have anything to do with peat or coco or rockwool or enzymes, but rather some sort of flowering trigger.

I'm not saying you cant grow amazing bud with just grow ratio, of course you can, we have both proved that ad nauseam. All I'm saying is a cool trick you can use if you choose... is a little P boost timed just right. It does things to the plants, I havent seen plants do in all the years I've been growing. But timing is everything, and most everything I've ever read about P boosters is wrong.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MeanGreen420 here is pro mix hp with foliage pro and protect veg plants.

The flower room has had only pure blend pro or recently switched and some plants have ocean forest in the middle from old transplants.

Excellent early branching i noticed
E9C4D202 CD93 4D83 8D81 FE073A31B416

Seedlings have not been fertilized yet.
14E7AF17 E284 4554 9403 C35F3BF6D75E

Growth seems faster in pro mix and dyna grow than ocean forest so far.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To be honest, I didnt have too many complaints about my results before this recent switch. Always had healthy plants, but a few strains that would pinstripe. And almost always purple petioles in flower on a couple strains.

And I know I've changed several variables on this grow. But the variables have all been tested independantly by growers other than myself to see what does what. And these effects are clearly hormonal and flowering signals, and much more rapid early onset development. From my perspective that isnt likely to have anything to do with peat or coco or rockwool or enzymes, but rather some sort of flowering trigger.

I'm not saying you cant grow amazing bud with just grow ratio, of course you can, we have both proved that ad nauseam. All I'm saying is a cool trick you can use if you choose... is a little P boost timed just right. It does things to the plants, I havent seen plants do in all the years I've been growing. But timing is everything, and most everything I've ever read about P boosters is wrong.

In hydro i can see the ratio change being effective. And maybe in coco. But in peat mix or more so ammended peat mix like ocean forest what we pour in just re sets the nutrients in the soil and the plant uptakes as needed. Hydro mediums are much more direct and instant.

I liked the idea of the potassium silicate and potasium based ph down to even out the K in the foliage pro. Higher K availability equals better branching.

But all i can really do if i want easy watering cycles like peat mix has is make sure the medium is properly managed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
In hydro i can see the ratio change being effective. And maybe in coco. But in peat mix or more so ammended peat mix like ocean forest what we pour in just re sets the nutrients in the soil and the plant uptakes as needed. Hydro mediums are much more direct and instant.

I liked the idea of the potassium silicate and potasium based ph down to even out the K in the foliage pro. Higher K availability equals better branching.

But all i can really do if i want easy watering cycles like peat mix has is make sure the medium is properly managed.

I've got to disagree with you there man. I always fed promix like a soiless hydroponic medium. Giving them a feed with extra P in chelated nutrient form will absolutely be readily taken up by the plant within days. No doubts about it. Promix has a cec, but its not much stronger than cocos. Biggest difference between coco and promix is the air to water holding capacity. Because coco holds more air it can be kept at near saturation without overwatering problems, letting you reset the the NPK and ppm values far more frequently.

Last edited:
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

The flower room has had only pure blend pro or recently switched and some plants have ocean forest in the middle from old transplants.

View attachment 976403

View attachment 976404

Beautiful what kind lights you using in veg and flower?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've got to disagree with you there man. I always fed promix like a soiless hydroponic medium. Giving them a feed with extra P in chelated nutrient form will absolutely be readily taken up by the plant within days. No doubts about it. Promix has a cec, but its not much stronger than cocos.

tissue tests are not supporting your premise. They have them from many plants and all growth stages. The ratio stays pretty even. No p spike.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

View attachment 976403

View attachment 976404

I got some giesel cookies going next round I'm popping right now. It makes huge fan leaves like that to. I got to make a momma of it but my bitch ex trashed my first grow. So with her out the picture well try again.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
tissue tests are not supporting your premise. They have them from many plants and all growth stages. The ratio stays pretty even. No p spike.
In the leaves. That study is dubious in my eyes. And it also says nothing of crop steering and a healthy plant vs an enhanced plant.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
P is a known stressor. That's the reason for using it before flower. And like dyna gro buddy says, too much P and you'll kill the plant. He's right. But the idea isnt to use so much as to cause harm, but rather to cause the plant to react in a way that is beneficial to me. It has nothing to do really with keeping a perfectly healthy plant. It's a crop steering technique.
But I've also noticed the added benefit of healthier looking plants overall.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In the leaves. That study is dubious in my eyes. And it also says nothing of crop steering and a healthy plant vs an enhanced plant.

University of utah lab is doing far more extensive testing on nutrients, environment and lighting and has basically the same results. Advanced nutrients too.

Just sayin. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

P is a known stressor. That's the reason for using it before flower. And like dyna gro buddy says, too much P and you'll kill the plant. He's right. But the idea isnt to use so much as to cause harm, but rather to cause the plant to react in a way that is beneficial to me. It has nothing to do really with keeping a perfectly healthy plant. It's a crop steering technique.
But I've also noticed the added benefit of healthier looking plants overall.

I get that. Even the old grow books say to increase pk at seedling and transition stages.

Now that i have no organic nutrients in the soil maybe i will see different needs for different techniques. Too early for me to know yet. Last time i used pro mix i was pretty new grower.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, MiMed you do you man, ill just keep experimenting with my shit over here and sticking with what works for me. But I'm tellin ya man, I would not bullshit you, as stubborn as you are lol, I seriously would not be so quick to discount this all as hocus pocus bro science.

I'll tell you one thing. All the legal growers, in Canada at least, who are using studies and the most recent science on hemp to grow their crops, Most of them still grow garbage compared to the old school west coast growers using techniques they learned through experimentation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol, MiMed you do you man, ill just keep experimenting with my shit over here and sticking with what works for me. But I'm tellin ya man, I would not bullshit you, as stubborn as you are lol, I seriously would not be so quick to discount this all as hocus pocus bro science.

I'll tell you one thing. All the legal growers, in Canada at least, who are using studies and the most recent science on hemp to grow their crops, Most of them still grow garbage compared to the old school west coast growers using techniques they learned through experimentation.

Why do you think I dont change things too easily? I have 8 years of medical card time and havent been happy with any caregiver or store i tried. And when mrs. Mmg tried to get her dying dad some smoke in denver she had the same poor experience. Forced me to start growing. I never had that problem before “legal” weed. I was happy to buy from quite a few sources.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I used Foliage Pro for a while. Dyna-Gro has alright formulas for just one bottle. It just lacks sulfur so it doesn't make drywall chunks in the bottle. They hope you use tap water to make up for the lack of sulfur in the formula.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I used Foliage Pro for a while. Dyna-Gro has alright formulas for just one bottle. It just lacks sulfur so it doesn't make drywall chunks in the bottle. They hope you use tap water to make up for the lack of sulfur in the formula.
That’s good to know. Thanks for that information.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It has .05% available sulfer according to the analysis. How much are you suggesting it should have.

R

redshift75

thats first ive heard of their sulfur. I believe the mag pro has 1.5% which i do opt for the mag addition now and again. But never had any defects for sulfur as far as i know of...

Top Bottom