Inline Fan Between Rooms

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys.what would you do to prevent light coming through to either side when lights are on in rooms.Pic below shows you the outlay of rooms and can see where the inline fan is or where i want to run it.i havnt put the inline exhaust fans into veg room yet or even purchased them.
Would all is needed is a cover over fan or ducting ,or even black screen over end to stop light coming through?

Cheers max
Inline fan between rooms

Monster762

Monster762

Hi guys.what would you do to prevent light coming through to either side when lights are on in rooms.Pic below shows you the outlay of rooms and can see where the inline fan is or where i want to run it.i havnt put the inline exhaust fans into veg room yet or even purchased them.
Would all is needed is a cover over fan or ducting ,or even black screen over end to stop light coming through?

Cheers maxView attachment 829697
Duct must have beend in it or screen it to block light. Either way flow will suffer a little. I spray painted inside of duct flat black ( absorbs light? And got 2 90s no light leak. Mine runs straight outside so I can’t have 1000+ watts of light shining through the exhaust hole. No filter ton of flow. But the bends and paint stopped all reflections coming down the vent.

Freshone

Freshone

You can build a light trap,Basically a box with baffles in it.Flexible duct with 90s will work but takes a toll on airflow.
Google it.

Madmax

Madmax

That seems easy enough Monster762...googled it :) i see Freshone..making a baffle would look good in shed giving it a steath look too...

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I use to make box baffles but i usually just put a small piece of ducting on each side with just enough to bend and hide light. Doesn't lower output noticeably at all and its easy to find a foot of ducting. I've found it's easier to just cut a cardboard box or put ducting on than it is to filter as I've never found anything that actually did that job well enough to use. Might not work in every setup but you should be able to find a way to make it work without affecting output much at all.

Madmax

Madmax

Do i really have to have another inline fan to bring air in.wouldnt the extraction fan draw it in with say just a bafflebox.heat will def not b the prob it will more or less just to let fresh air in.just looking at small tents and they are just opening the flaps ..veg room is L 150cm W 87cm H 216cm..just thinking how i can cut down on power and expenditure.it marvelous how much gear ,leads going everywhere.

I could use something like this on the extraction fan to control fan speed temp etc?there is another one that controls temp for another 30 bills
Screenshot 20180916 130735

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Hmmm.just had a couple billys...i will have to put another carbon filter in veg room if i get air from within flower room..hmmm,might have another one and think some more.damn my brain dont work straight..

Top Bottom