Inline fan CFM's???

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I recently notice that my 3x3x6 tent is getting warm, about 80-85 with lights on. I want to help expel heat and bring in fresh air so I bought a 4" duct fan to run with lights on. It says 80 max cfm. And 65 free air cfm. Will this be enough since I have 54 cubic feet (3x3x6). Also is it strong enough for a carbon filter or should i take it back for a 6" fan at 160cfm?

Inline fan cfms
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I recently notice that my 3x3x6 tent is getting warm, about 80-85 with lights on. I want to help expel heat and bring in fresh air so I bought a 4" duct fan to run with lights on. It says 80 max cfm. And 65 free air cfm. Will this be enough since I have 54 cubic feet (3x3x6). Also is it strong enough for a carbon filter or should i take it back for a 6" fan at 160cfm?
i got in my attic and split into my regular vent lines going into the register to the bedroom i had my closet in,i put the 6in inline in and had pretty good temps ,i was running 2 400 watt loghts ,hid lighting,exhausting both out 6in fan filter combo,and had that line with house ac incoming into the closet worked real good,my closet stayed at 75 with lights on

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Duct fans like that are really only meant to keep air moving along longer runs of ducting, not so much for working against any kind of resistance or load. It may help to move air out of your tent, but I wouldn't count on it to do much in the way of carbon filtration

10w30

10w30

Supporter
AC infinity makes a good fan. im in a 4x4 with 6 inch fan and filter and still have high temps, changing lights are the biggest way to decrease heat as my next step. 400 watt MH and 315cmh

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, that fan will have a lot of trouble pulling through a carbon filter. Youd be better off with the inline fan and a fan speed controller.

Top Bottom