Input needed for a "water only" sativa soilmix

• Thread starter leadplant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadplant

leadplant

Sativa doms and extreme sativas are known to often be extra sensitive to ph swings.
Everytime liquid nutes are added - you are inducing some amount of ph swing.
This is why I want to make a soilmix with enough slow release dry nutes so that no, or very little, additional liquid nutes will be needed. There are alot of recipes out there and have heard of the Moonshine mix and the LC mix etc. Alot of the recipes are fancy shmancy with exotic expensive ingredients or they mix 3 different types of foxfarm soil together - also expensive. I want to keep it simpler.

Start mix with a base soil mix - I've got a 2.8 cuft bale of sungro sunshine.
Add a generous portion of EWC (like 25%) and then cut it with chuncky perlite - up to 50% should be OK.

Now add Kelp meal, bat guano, greensand, cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal, rock phosphate,
some dolomitic lime or substitute it with clay. Add a bit of active compost to get the microherd started. Did I miss anything?

Havent decided on the amounts yet of the above, maybe 1 cup/cuft. - this is very critical.

After its all mixed together and moistened, let it age for at least 1 month - preferably longer. Thats along time to wait so I need to get this mix together ASAP. Any input or personal experiences with doing this would be much appreciated.

K

koopa troopa

i know moonshine is very expensive, but man i feel like it's been worth it. less additives make it easier because you are really only mixing a handful of things. i'm no guru about ammendments, so can't help you there, but i swear by the moonshine. most lush, green foliage i have ever seen. ph to 6.5 and you are money. a tsp of molasses couldn't hurt either.

G

Guano

For a simple sativa "water only" mix I'd highly recommend using Foxfarm - Peace of Mind - Fruit & Flower dry ferts.You can mix it right into your soil mix or use it in a compost tea.

Fruit & Flower is pH-balanced with premium organic ingredients like bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal and humic acid, a naturally occurring organic material that is formed when organic matter decomposes. Humic acid helps with seed germination and may increase the uptake of important micronutrients.

Best of all, FoxFarm adds 20 species of beneficial microbes to help convert fertilizers into vital plant food and fight off disease. Fruit & Flower is granulated and easy to use, and it provides gentle, slow-release feedings all season long.

If you want to use Foxfarm soils,try this mix: either 1 bag Ocean Forest or Happy Frog,1 bag coco,2-3 gallons perlite.

S

sempervirdis

i think Subcool makes a supersoil-mix ....you could ask him
my 2¢

Latest posts

Top Bottom