Insane in the Membrane

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Yo Farmers!!! How are ya?

This grow log is titled Insane in the Membrane because I probably am a bit off my rocker here. I am going to attempt something that I, myself, have not seen done in a grow log. I'm gonna run two almost pure sativas in a cabinet under fluoro's!!hehe

Now, I totally understand the difficulty here in finishing them properly. But "this ain't my first rodeo", as they say. But probably will be my most difficult one yet.

The setup:
Cab...2ft x 4ft x 6ft tall
Light...8-bulb T5 Sunleaves unit
Ventilation...open door w/ AC blowing by the open door, plus circulating fans inside cab
Grow Style...pure redneck madness
Lighting Schedule...12/12 from seed
Grow Medium...Botanicare Ready-Gro Coco--Moisture Formula

Strains:
Phnom Phen from Reeferman (5)...Thai x Haze x Cambodian
Original Haze x Skunk #1 from Sam the Skunkman (5)

For any that wanna say "no way in hell your gonna finish those under fluoros", I say just hide and watch! Once the plants reach the height of approx. 1ft, they will be bent over horizontally and kept that way throughout. This way, the forming buds will be right under the lights for their entire length. The setup that I'm using in the cab allows me to move the tub that the plants are in, instead of moving the light. I had to do it this way since the big-ass light won't fit in the cab. So the light HAS to stay on the top while the plants are what gets raised or lowered to adjust light intensity.

Now for a few pics to get this thing off the ground:

Well I tried to remove the pics after I realized they were in .bmp format instead of JPEG, but the system won't let me, so let's just try this again:

BTW...these are the Phnom Phens. The O.Haze x Sk1's aren't out of the Rapid Rooters yet.

Pp and o
Pp and o
Pp and o
Pp and o
Pp and o
Pp and o
Pp and o
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

well done man I'll be watching this one ...its nice to see you start from seed

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks for stoppin in DH. Nice to have ya. Yeah I;m gonna have to run from seed almost exclusively. I just don't have the room for moms and clones. I hope to have a new cabinet set-up done before these are completely finished. Maybe then I can keep a mom or two, but not right now.

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Ill definitely be watching this one ProGro!

Ive got a bunch of the O*Haze x Skunk1 from Sam as well, so Im definitely interested to see how they do for ya!!

Looking great so far!
:happy:

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Thai x Haze x Cambodian hmm sounds tasty ill be watching this :)

F

FastForward

Nice one PGW - I spent hours last night agonising over how to get more light space for some experiments and 200W CFLs seem the way forward. I desperately want to get a low watt MH for seedlings and veg but I was told that fluoros will do the job fine (and with reduced yield for flowering). Good luck mate...I hope it turns out good....between CFLs and LEDs it feels like we're getting closer to being able to run more lights without the associated electricity aggro....

Did you pre-soak and germ the seeds, or just plant them straight into the cubes?

P

ProGroWannabe

Concept...I'm gonna do my best to do the genetics justice. I think it'll work out fine. We'll see.

Hey Logic...nice to see ya in my lil ole thread..lol.

FF...I agree that there is definitely a movement toward more energy conservation with our lighting sources. I believe the key will be learning how to grow with these other lights as opposed to hammering our plants with HID. Don't get me wrong, HID yields better than anything else out there, for sure. But we ARE seeing results with other sources as well, so time will tell.

As for the germ method...I just carefully applied the paper towel method watching temps so that they were just slightly above ambient, and ensuring the paper towels were always moist without being wet. Every time I check them, I roll the seeds around to ensure the entire shell is adequately moist as opposed to most of the moisture being within one half of the shell. I dunno if it helps much, but I do it anyway.

I'll get more pics up once they start to do something worth taking a pic of...lol.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
The PP is nice and strong with a killer pepper taste, Good stuff PGW:)

P

ProGroWannabe

Zoooooooo what up my brotha!! Glad to see ya stopped in.

Yeah Zoo, I got these PP's from a friend, you may know him.

B

British_Hempire

Looking forward to wathing this one, sats are possible under fluoros, I remember an amazing grow back on OG where a guy used a couple of 6foot shoplights in a little cupboard to grow a monster sativa, he just stood the shoplights vertically/

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Zoooooooo what up my brotha!! Glad to see ya stopped in.

Yeah Zoo, I got these PP's from a friend, you may know him.

I think I do LOL , I hate that guy .LOLOLLLLLLLLLL hes a shitty grower:)

P

ProGroWannabe

Cool bro, thanks for the info there. I'm glad I'm not THE first..lol. And knowing his was successful gets me all the more stoked.

Zoo...hmm I hope I can grow as "shitty" as that guy one day!!!

They seem to be loving life at the moment. I'm gonna increase their diet tonight. I started them on a dose of 5mL Earth Juice Grow, Catalyst, and Microblast, plus 2.5mL of Cal-Max from Grotek per gallon of well water. The Grotek is cheaper than Botanicare's Cal/Mag, but works great for me, so Botanicare can keep their's....lol. Obviously, for these sativas, the Nitrogen is gonna be kept low.

So for their menu tonight we have:
EJ Grow 2-1-1...5mL/gal
EJ Bloom 0-3-1...5mL/gal
EJ Microblast (trace minerals--no significant NPK ratio) 5mL/gal
EJ Catalyst (sweets--to feed micro-life)...5mL/gal
Grotek Cal-Max...5mL/gal
For those that are not familiar with EJ nutes, this is just a hair over 1/4 strength. This will most likely be what they get for a while unless they tell me they want more of something. As they begin to set buds, the Nitrogen will likely go away completely, only being fed if they yellow out. At the same time, I will be ramping up the Phos. which will obviously keep the total EC near what it was before the N got dropped out. Nearer the end of their flowering period, I will lower the Phos. and up the Potassium in an attempt to find their potential in resin production. In past grows with different strains, this has helped my buds frost up better. We'll see if this results in the same, for these sats.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
They stretch alot in flower and have a long finish time but man is it some unique herb and they pre flower super sweet:)

P

ProGroWannabe

Awesome Zoo! Your info and knowledge is always appreciated my friend! I'm gonna handle the extreme stretch with horizontal LST.

The Phnom Phen and O.Haze x Sk#1 shook hands with their new neighbors this evening. The PP and O.Haze x Sk#1 families were each on their own end of the block. But now they've been joined by a family of Rez's Wonder Haze right smack-dab in the middle. This now completes the haze village. LOL

I expect it to get a bit crowded, but it should be pretty cool to do a Sea of Hazes..? I may be a bit nuts for taking this so far out in left field, but I don't like to follow conventional thinking, I never have.

Here's a couple shots of the new neighbors as well as a couple shots of the PP and O.Haze x Sk#1:
The first and second are Wonder Hazes
Third is O.Haze x Sk#1
Fourth is PP

Image001
Image002
Image003
Image005
B

British_Hempire

Cool, off to a good start, i have had much success by vegging sativas untopped to the maximum height of the space then tying them down horizontal and flipping them to flower, then all the side branches explode and you get a lovely bush with many colas.

P

ProGroWannabe

BH...good deal man! I hope I can get similar results on mine..we'll see.

Zoo....thanks bro! That means alot coming from a guy who takes pics as good as you do. I think the first one where the cotyledons are just breaking free from the seed halves is the best plant pic I've ever taken.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Youll do good with that 8 light t5 they have 5500 lumens per bulb def not a regular flouro bulb they do generate some heat but a little fan will cure that, cant wait to see you flower with it Ill be watchin this one.

P

ProGroWannabe

Nice to have you in the thread julsbagell. I appreciate the reassurance on the T5's. It should get interesting in a few weeks since they're already in 12/12.

B

Big_Roses

Nice man!!!
Have you seen a book called "Marijuana buds for less"
by SeeMore Buds?
(I'm pretty sure its an Ed Rosinthal book)
He uses CFL's for the entire grow on three plants
a Mango strain from seed that yielded over 3oz
and 2 Blue dots that yielded 2.5 oz each
it can be done!!!
And it sounds like you have more wattage than him!!
Lookn forward to seeing some sticky sativa!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom