Insane in the Membrane

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

I hear what your saying Moe. And for small spaces, yeah the T5's rock-ass!

Zoo...I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on the UFO's once you've ran em for a while. Your one of a handful of folks that will tell it straight....gotta respect you for that, bro.

P

ProGroWannabe

Naw bro, all the pics I took of these are here in this thread....sorry.

H

hongkong

ufos are great if you have the money to drop on them, but if they claim to be equal to 400w its gonna be a little more than half of that. personally id say theyre not worth it. go flouro

P

ProGroWannabe

12/12 from seedling? what has inclined you to do that?

If I hadn't gone 12/12 from seed, these sats would have been waaay too tall to grow under the floro fixture because of it's limited intensity. So basically, I did it to control their height.

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
PGW... Damn man.. I just 'spent like the last 20 some minutes reading through your thread.. Had to stop and give you mad props on your skills... Awesome job training...

P

ProGroWannabe

M2M......thanks man! It was a fun experiment for sure. I'm glad it turned out well. Thanks for comin by.

TommyBres....sounds good. Do a thread when ya get set up.

P

ProGroWannabe

Sorry to hear of your girlfriends battle. Sending good karma her way.

H

herby

Herby....Anytime you have questions man, you just hit me up. I'll take care of ya! If I don't have the answer, the many great minds here can provide a reliable answer, I'm sure.

Tolpan...thank you! I try.
Thanks Bro. As you have probably seen i did get started but with only a 24" just to play around with. total lumens output is only 8000 so considerably less than yours putting out 44k. Because of that i am going to try and keep the light 12" max above the soil and see what happens. I'm 9 days into flowering now so I suppose I should start tying the bitches down huh? LOL

127all
P

ProGroWannabe

As for tying them down, it depends on what you want. If you want a butt-load of tops, then bend them before the stretch is over. If you want more of a singular-cola-type grow, then wait until the stretch is almost over, then tie them down. Believe it or not, I think you'll yield more by waiting until the stretch subsides before tying them down. Otherwise what you run into is a case of having more bud than you can adequately illuminate. Which obviously leads to a tremendous amount of LST manipulation in order to keep the light close enough to avoid airy buds.

If your gonna rock the floro in the same style I did here, I have tons of tips for you. I learned a shit-load during this grow regarding extreme LST. Hit me up with any questions you have. This is an odd way to grow, but can be VERY productive for small spaces.

B

BrandNew2THIS

Dang I am blown away with what you can do with just flouros. I want you to come take over working my garden. I will pay for equipment nutes bills and so forth u do the work we split the meds. let me know what u think. Might even through In a little friends with benefits since your such a sweetie.:flower:party

B

BrandNew2THIS

Well, my girlfriend's in the middle of chemo now so we're not going anywhere soon. When it happens though, probably months or a year down the road, you can be sure to hear about it on this forum. :cool

Wow I am sorry your girl is going through that. I hope that shes recovering nicely and that everything is going to work out for the best. May Jah Bless both of you.

P

ProGroWannabe

Tommy...Yeah I've definitely thought about LED's. The price-point makes me hesitate a bit though. Someday I'll give them a solid run, but right now I have to work with what I've got.

BNTT.....Damn what an offer! Too bad the commute would be around 18 hrs one way.

H

herby

Hey bro, I did bend the white and Chemdog D over but bubba and redcan and pretty stout plants and definitely cant be bent easily. I did bend one of the redcans but will probably not bother until later when they get too tall for the space. Then I will just pull em over enough to keep em off the lights. By the end of jan I will be set up with 2k watts so will just use this one for seedlings. This is a nice way to just play around and experiment a little bit though. If I really had an issue with space and stuff then I can definitely see this being a great way to get a decent amount of personal stash. Especially with the right genetics. What I have seen so far is bubba K is loving this light. Seems to just grow itself, shows its sex the earliest of all and is really just loving it under this light. The others are growing well but would definitely like to see them under much higher lumens.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah I hear ya there, herby. I've always thought that the light emitted from floros grew healthier looking plants than any other method I've tried.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Wow PGW. I just read through all 25 pages of this thread and it was definitely worth it. I have been contemplating something along these lines for myself. I've got T5s from my reef that I can easily swap to bulbs with a different color temp. I just wasn't sure how effective they would be but now I see. Do you have any suggestions on for an easy indica strain that might do well under these conditions?

S

stone69

I find myself referring to this thread all the time... I cant get enough of good 411...

P

ProGroWannabe

Whippleshnitz....thank you very much for the kind words. The effort behind this thread was to prove once and for all if floros had what it takes to grow decent sized buds on the most difficult strains I had access to. These hazes did so well, that I wouldn't be afraid to ANYTHING under them, indicas included. What you have to ask yourself when choosing a strain to grow under an 8-bulb T5, is how much work do I want this to be? Because I can tell you, if the chosen strain has lots of stretch, you'll spend hours and hours doing LST over and over to maximize the available light. I think you could see really strong results without having to LST at all if you chose a strain like one of the Lowrider crosses. Really though, anything that grows with a single-cola-dominant growth pattern would be ideal. Look for strains that are reported to be "good SoG plants".

Anymore questions, feel free to holler!

stone...whaddup brotha? Glad to see this thread helps someone from time to time.

S

stone69

Whippleshnitz....thank you very much for the kind words. The effort behind this thread was to prove once and for all if floros had what it takes to grow decent sized buds on the most difficult strains I had access to. These hazes did so well, that I wouldn't be afraid to ANYTHING under them, indicas included. What you have to ask yourself when choosing a strain to grow under an 8-bulb T5, is how much work do I want this to be? Because I can tell you, if the chosen strain has lots of stretch, you'll spend hours and hours doing LST over and over to maximize the available light. I think you could see really strong results without having to LST at all if you chose a strain like one of the Lowrider crosses. Really though, anything that grows with a single-cola-dominant growth pattern would be ideal. Look for strains that are reported to be "good SoG plants".

Anymore questions, feel free to holler!

stone...whaddup brotha? Glad to see this thread helps someone from time to time.

Man this is what I'm talking about... never get enough good 411......I ordered "Skunk X Haze" and gonna grow it in a 2' x 2' x 5' high closet, can I make it work with your tub method? using about 5 girls and 1 boy? He...He..

and I hope to start a couple of the freebiee's... I gotta make more room....

Top Bottom