Insane in the Membrane

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah you can defnitely pull it off man! Six plants will be too many though in my mind. If I'm reading you correctly, your gonna plant all 5 seeds that you have on hand...? If so, go ahead and plant em and go from seed with 12/12. DO NOT VEG! Not at all. You'll kick yourself later, believe me..lol. Anyhow, plant them all and watch them carefully as you approach the point where they show pistils. Then choose carefully the three plants you want to keep. Only 3 if your doin this under floros. You'll run out of room FAST once you get to week 8 or 9....remember, you'll still have 6-8 weeks left of swelling and foxtailing. You have to allow for that. Ideally, you'll want your canopy to look under-filled at the 9 week-point. This will allow for proper bud swell.

This strain has the potential to yield massively! I had three colas that were over 14 inches long each....from ONE plant. And it's great smoke. Just don't overcrowd em under a floro or you'll regret it bro.

S

stone69

Hey Pro... Thank's man
I'm still gonna use the tub method but I may add a 250 watt hps, that otta beef 'em up.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah man, that would be sweet indeed. Don't leave a brotha out in the cold, man....throw me a pic now and then...lol.

S

stone69

No way man! You'll be one of the first one's to see and for sure here about what's go'in on.... I rely on your "PRO" input.
Speaking of great wisdom bestowed to a "green gardener"...

When you water your big tub... do you evenly water the whole tub? or just around the plant's?

P

ProGroWannabe

You'll have to water sparingly compared to what you may be used to in pots because yes, you DO have to water all of the grow medium in order to keep the roots from hitting dry spots. I used a pump-up sprayer----the kind they use to apply herbicide with. This allowed me to water using a spray pattern. If the water/nute mix is sprayed, ya get much more even coverage with the same amount compared to a pour-it-in-type of handwatering.

S

stone69

Yeah, that makes sense. You do this until run-off, even if it takes a few minute's....? every few day's when they need it.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah what I found was that under my T5's I had to water the coco every three days till run-off. But remember that the volume of medium that you'll be working with will be much higher, so stop watering immediately once you see that first decent drippage. Otherwise you'll have a TON of runoff.....not exactly what your lookin for.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Which was the best smoke. I'm guessing the O. Haze x Skunk #1.

Really great job on the grow. I loved this thread and it didn't seem that long for the O Haze to mature because I just found this thread and read it pretty quick.

I like finding finished grow threads.

Thanks for completing this one PGW.

P

ProGroWannabe

Hey Tobor....actually, I'd rate them all pretty equally. They were all different in their own right. The Wonder Haze was a more pronounced high for me. It would hit me a bit more suddenly---depending on pheno differences, of course.

The Phnom Phen was very euphoric for me. Just plain paradise-type weed. Very enjoyable.

The O.Haze x Sk1 was a strong, complex kind-of buzz. Very difficult for me to describe, but certainly worthy!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
PGW I knoow you did these from 12/12. When you had the seeds in soil where they under 12/12 from the first second they were above soil?

I got some stuff to finish up and then I am going to do some Seedsman's Original Haze and some Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick Sativa with the 12/12 method. I didn't know if you let them get out of the ground and open up the first set of leaves and then 12/12 or 12/12 from start and how much of a difference in final height it would be between the two.

It will be fun to find out. Nothing ventured nothing gain.

P

ProGroWannabe

Exactly! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think I let the PP get their first set of real leaves before flipping the switch on em....however, the Wonder Hazes, and O.Haze x Sk1's were planted when the light schedule was already on 12/12.

As far as a difference goes.....however long you veg for is pretty-much the amount of time you add to the flowering time when comparing veg time with 12/12 from seed. Plus with really long flowering sats (12 weeks plus), there is ample time for good growth and great yields. I'd never veg a long flowerer indoors....just no need IMO.

C

Cusick

Finally made my way over from the MURDA thread to check this out.. nice work man, very well done.

I liked this shot especially :)
8202d1225327444t-insane-membrane-img_0619.jpg

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks Cusick! It was way more work than a regular grow....way more, but it DID prove that such a thing can be done with decent results. That pic shows the full tub before any plants had been harvested. And yeah, it really was too much under that light...lol. There should have been three, maybe four plants under there total. As it was, I had 8 in there (if memory serves).

Thanks for coming by man!

P

punkadc

at the risk of repeating myself... you f*ckin kill it bro...

straight fearless!!!!

im with devils harvest and the others, you need to drop the 'wannabe' and just call yourself 'progrow'!!!!!!

keep rockin' em bro!!

P

ProGroWannabe

Y'all sure know how to put a big smile on a bro's face! Thanks punkadc!*

D

drpressure600

. . good work pro, it turned out also 2 be a great tread, fair play . .

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Amazing Job Bro.... i just read all 27 pages of this thread and i am still in a lil bit of shock that u got wut u did under those conditions...... 12/12 from the start is something im gunna try in my next closet grow but with LEDs instead of floros

P

ProGroWannabe

If you do 12/12 from seed, it needs to be a long-flowering strain or your yield will be way less than if you vegged it.

Ya get away with it with these long-flowering sats and hazes because they stretch forever, and that's equivalent to a good veg on an indy-dominant strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom