Instant compost tea mix Preference

• Thread starter Kidkaos70
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

Anybody have any experience with the instant compost tea mixes available. Brewing my own is not an option plus I would only need about 1 gallon at a time.
I see they come in powder or liquid form, which would be best and why.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I like Roots Organic "Terp Tea" line. I've used it for a couple of grows now and I like it a lot.

Edit: Why? Because it's affordable, easy to use, and has given me great results.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Does the roots organic terp tea require brewing? I wasn't aware of all this air pump, bubbler blah blah crap when I purchased this and now am probably going to send it back. I am not dropping more money on this venture just to brew a tea....

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Anybody have any experience with the instant compost tea mixes available. Brewing my own is not an option plus I would only need about 1 gallon at a time.
Recharge is the best around hands down! It has beneficial bacteria and fungi, kelp, molasses, humic and fulvic acid. This stuff is amazing but it doesn’t really feed the plant. If you wanna do that then grab the terp tea series from roots organics.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Does the roots organic terp tea require brewing? I wasn't aware of all this air pump, bubbler blah blah crap when I purchased this and now am probably going to send it back. I am not dropping more money on this venture just to brew a tea....
I top dress mine and only brew a tea if I see a deficiency. An air pump with an air stone is like 20$. You can shell out an extra 20 right?

D

Dtraderbudz23

I top dress mine and only brew a tea if I see a deficiency. An air pump with an air stone is like 20$. You can shell out an extra 20 right?
I am pretty sure one of my plants has an Iron deficiency and its looking worse by the day so I need to brew. I just decided to mix it in a gallon jug and will stir frequently for 24 hours. I mean 20 bucks no problem, the stuff I was seeing was well over a hundred. Do you have a brand you recommend for this air pump?

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

I am pretty sure one of my plants has an Iron deficiency and its looking worse by the day so I need to brew. I just decided to mix it in a gallon jug and will stir frequently for 24 hours. I mean 20 bucks no problem, the stuff I was seeing was well over a hundred. Do you have a brand you recommend for this air pump?
An air pump and air stone from the pet aisle at Walmart will do just fine.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
The local hydro shops carry them it’s just an air pump and air stone Amazon would have them too.

D

Dtraderbudz23

On another note guys this terp tea from root organics smells like big foots ass crack! Will this attract bugs if I use this in my indoor grow tent? Do all compost teas have poop in them?

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

An air pump and air stone from the pet aisle at Walmart will do just fine.
For sure, I got a airpump with dual outputs, several foot of airline and a couple of airstones for under $20 at Walmart. Aqua Culture is the brand name. I bubble a gallon at a time.

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

On another note guys this terp tea from root organics smells like big foots ass crack! Will this attract bugs if I use this in my indoor grow tent? Do all compost teas have poop in them?
I'm sure someone will correct me, if I'm wrong but, when dealing with organics, you always have to be on the hunt. I've started using T-Drops for fungus nats. 1 drop per gallon, and sticky traps, of course. I don't really notice a smell with the teas, just when they first start brewing, but I also use about 4 of the bottled nutes (from Roots) and a couple of other things, no big stink at all, lol!

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

I'm sure someone will correct me, if I'm wrong but, when dealing with organics, you always have to be on the hunt. I've started using T-Drops for fungus nats. 1 drop per gallon, and sticky traps, of course. I don't really notice a smell with the teas, just when they first start brewing, but I also use about 4 of the bottled nutes (from Roots) and a couple of other things, no big stink at all, lol!
Found a few fungus gnats couple weeks ago use some diatomaceous earth haven’t seen any since.

purpleninenine

purpleninenine

I am using the mightyplant brand of organic compost tea. Since I'm a novice grower, I'm not sure it will work. But my plants look amazing.
My main organic fertilizer is Earth Dust Natural
I will be using mightyplant's full line for my next planting. See if they work well.

9ca7f61decd1a0fc665215da0f7e7fe
30e73c2c6aab3b1d0990f9387e96a00
1876be636bce226bf3b986edcaacb8c
3133f61e99e8d84c186c84a5895e6a5
C459cea012ea08476b9ee72bab61d67
E15be512734de2b5a922c4cec743e1b
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I like Roots Organic "Terp Tea" line. I've used it for a couple of grows now and I like it a lot.

Edit: Why? Because it's affordable, easy to use, and has given me great results.
How much do you use to make a batch of tea? I find that you need to do add more to get the ppms in a range that will push growth. I love the terp tea line and use it as a top dress mostly…

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Recharge is great but doesn’t have much nutrients but adds lots of beneficial bacteria and fungi. Along with humic and fulvic acid and a few other goodies. I use that stuff a lot and the plants love it. If I do want some added nutrients I’ll throw some terp tea dry amendments in.

Top Bottom