Insulation for pvc and buckets, room in garage with chiller no ac

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have a durafoam room in my garage in Chicago, last year we have a record for days above 90f

I have a 1/4 chiller, 20 gal setup that’s vented and garage vented but no ac

I plan keep water 67f, I know I will get a lot of sweating......how should i insulate everything?

Any special tricks? All my buddies have ac and think I’m a dumbass

I have good floor n wall fans to move air around extremely well but was looking for advice from people who’ve done something similar

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I was thinking of using the nice tape you use for your furnace ductwork

I bought various grades of that stuff when I built the room and have the nicest stuff left

It is about 1/8 inch thick and I can tightly wrap the buckets

Aqua, were you able to wrap your tightly??

I just don’t want the condensation between the bucket and insulated to mold...??

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
You want if fully secured to buckets, any space will be an air pocket and create condensation. A spray contact cement will work. But that alone is alot of work, when running an AC would be easier.
I live in NWI/Chicago area and know the summers, YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES WITHOUT A CLIMATE CONTROL. You will also be causing your chiller to work overtime since all those systems work together to control the grow environment.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have a 1/4 chiller for 20 gallon setup....I know it will run a lot

I know July n august will be a bitch, I may take those two months off

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I’m going to sell my house in 6 months

I did run a 5k btu window setup with 3 tents and it had a small impact

I’m not spending 2 grand for a mini split n leaving as soon as I am

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was thinking of using the nice tape you use for your furnace ductwork

I bought various grades of that stuff when I built the room and have the nicest stuff left

It is about 1/8 inch thick and I can tightly wrap the buckets

Aqua, were you able to wrap your tightly??

I just don’t want the condensation between the bucket and insulated to mold...??
Yeah easy to wrap... also to just take of when ya like. My room ran about 84f and water twmls aboit 72. Never had any issue with mold. I just torn down and cleaned between grows like normal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just my opinion here... leafs temps are what matters. Not room temps.

Room temps in combination with leaf temps and humidity can be used to calculate VPD if you really wanna get dialed in.

You want leaf temps ideally at 75-77f you can manipulate the leaf temp with transpiration rates using the low end of VPD and by forced evaporation from fans.... just be cautious not to wind burn them and at night you don't need as much so you can dial it back as they don't transpire much in the dark.

Having good air circulation through the plants goes a long way to helping the plant stay cool (forced evaporative cooling)... so does good transpiration (natural evaporative cooling) much like we sweat to cool off... same deal.

If you can get your leafs temps in that range you have no need for AC

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I’ve noticed that

If I let my wall mount n floor fan go 24/7 u can tell they are not liking it

The leafs are droopy n 8 hrs of no fans at all than.......they perk right up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve noticed that

If I let my wall mount n floor fan go 24/7 u can tell they are not liking it

The leafs are droopy n 8 hrs of no fans at all than.......they perk right up
Maybe to much direct airflow? They don't need a whole lot of movent during lights out. Just enough to keep the humidity even on the room and around the plants.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

It’s been a odd strain too. Pink Runtz

They don’t like a ton of food and have been different in a bunch of my buddies grows

But I have the hurricane wall fan that angles down in clicks and if it’s the slightest bit past 2-3 clicks that don’t like it. I keep it in rotate too, they are almost at the 2nd layer of netting so hopefully this will be done.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

It’s going to be 80/85 daytime in the next 4-5 days n we will see how the chiller n condensation go

July-August it’s murder. But I’ll be vegging by then

Latest posts

Top Bottom