Interest in UK-made Organic Nutrients?

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hi folks

I've been using a range or products made locally in the UK for a couple of years now and they are really good stuff. I have been chatting to the company about making me some nutes to my own specification and they said 'sure, no problem' and when I asked how much they could sell me they replied '1 litre or 1 thousand, make no odds to us'. You see, this company sell to farmers and the horticulture industry, they have no direct sales to the public, just luckily I know them well, having worked at a company next door for years. This means they produce a huge range of nutrient products for different crops and their mark-up is a fraction of that being added on by companies who sell cannabis specific nutrients.

So this got me thinking, would people be interested in buying organic nutes designed specifically for cannabis but without the high prices charged by cannabis-specific nute companies?

My current thinking for products is these 6 items:

1. Seaweed Extract - from North Atlantic kelp, superb stuff, I have been using it for years.

2. General Veg nute - based on seaweed and various manures, NPK 8-5-5

3. General Bloom nute - based on seaweed and various manures, NPK 4-8-8

4. Humates - liquid worm humus plus some other goodies

5. Bloom Booster - organic alternative to PK13-14, based on manures and guanos.

I'm looking at a retail price of around 5.99 ukp per litre plus shipping, perhaps I will offer the 5 bottle set for 24.99 ukp, there are a load of details to be worked out, but I'm just interested at this point in seeing if there is a market for these goodies.

darksideX

darksideX

soundz like a plan BH,i was growin' only organic till last year,so i'm very interested in organic nutrients,but one question by the side,whaz ur own opinion about organic boosters as an alternative to the pk-stuff,i mean, i took alwayz the bat guano,but alwayz half of what was prescribed,and i was mostly very happy with it,only once i used usally abit more guano for one grow,and i think i tasted it in my meds,although i was flushin' enough i think,..(alwayz flush'd a few dayz with molasses,then a few dayz with water only..)
however,thanx ur work BH,and yes here are interests 'bout ur offer..

B

British_Hempire

Hiya darkside

I need to do some experimenting with organic PK alternatives, I like guano and molasses, I find they both enhance flavour but too much can leave a taste in the end product.

The company produce nutrients tailored to the requi
rements of all sorts of crops - leeks, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers etc but obviously, being the UK I can;t ask then to make one for cannabis so I have to work out the specs myself and have them make it to my specs.

darksideX

darksideX

thanx for ur fast reply BH,..i wish you the best at ur experiments,and if you r ready pls let me know,.. & again,thanx ur work,..the community is bless'd to have ya bro!

B

British_Hempire

I'll be looking for some folks to do test runs shortly, anyone interested, please PM me.

P

pandabear

BAC make apparently the only pk organic booster certified by the soil assoication.

Ive had good results with this. My humble view its not usually the nutrients that make a good range.. but the stimulators and trace elements which create a good bio mass full of enzymes and other root friendly bacteria which allows more effective breakdown of the food. Ive been lead to believe.

interested in more info, i can mail u the pdfs on it if u like. heck i could probably get u a bottle if u wanted.

tricky - you can use organic nutes with your coco its fine.
panda

Top Bottom