Interesting Smelling Buds During Cure...

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

I've been curing some nirvana ak48 for a few weeks now and it has an interesting smell I can only describe as "earthy." Some
might confuse it with hay but it's not. It's very enjoyable. Has anyone else experienced this?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What's the rh when you put into jars? Sounds like you need to burp/cure longer.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I've been curing some nirvana ak48 for a few weeks now and it has an interesting smell I can only describe as "earthy." Some
might confuse it with hay but it's not. It's very enjoyable. Has anyone else experienced this?

An earthy undertone is common in some strains however maybe u did not have enough sulfur in your nutrient line used for flower???

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo
I'd burp for 5 mins at a time every few days to you hit 50%. By then you may be able to leach any more "hay" smell.

Or you dried too quickly, then there's not much you can do.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ive had a few different plants that smelled like dirt and tasted like dirt

N

Nog

I have had Afghani and Afghani crosses that smelt earthy.

I think people get caught up too much with the smell of weed;
I mean you smoke it not snort it.

Some people think stronger smelling weed is more potent, but I don't think there's any correlation, after all thc doesn't smell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

AK 48 can smell very "earthy". I have always thought of it as hashy.

And as commented just above some strains don't smell as strong as others but can have quite a kick. Like a good Northern Lights.

But also mentioned above terpenes can be enhanced through a proper grow and will enhance the experience.

william76

william76

AK 48 can smell very "earthy". I have always thought of it as hashy.

And as commented just above some strains don't smell as strong as others but can have quite a kick. Like a good Northern Lights.

But also mentioned above terpenes can be enhanced through a proper grow and will enhance the experience.
Yea 1 of my nls is like this,medium smell till cured then is quite smelly when smoked or broken up,put a few folks on their ass,lol,76

StandingRock

StandingRock

I have some herb quick drying on a rack(to be used for concentrate) and I smelled that and went and smelled my AK48 and what a difference. The rack definitely smells like a bag of lawn clippings. The AK48 has a nice earthy with some sweet smell in there. Im very happy with it even though I really like when buds smell skunky.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I have had Afghani and Afghani crosses that smelt earthy.

I think people get caught up too much with the smell of weed;
I mean you smoke it not snort it.

Some people think stronger smelling weed is more potent, but I don't think there's any correlation, after all thc doesn't smell.

I hear ya, but presentation means a lot. Personally I don't care what it looks like, but its all about that bag appeal now lol

StandingRock

StandingRock

Imo
I'd burp for 5 mins at a time every few days to you hit 50%. By then you may be able to leach any more "hay" smell.

Or you dried too quickly, then there's not much you can do.

I started out with 58% in the jar but I smoked some and it just feels to wet. I dropped it down to 50% now and I think it will be much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom