Into the 5th week of veg

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Just a few pics of my girls into the 4th week of veg I an a week behind due to personnsl circumstances but I'm doing my final transplant on Monday and then I'm going to flip them to flower on Sunday, how are they looking too Any seasoned growers

Into the 5th week of veg
Into the 5th week of veg 2
Into the 5th week of veg 3
Into the 5th week of veg 4
StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney

Just a few pics of my girls into the 4th week of veg I an a week behind due to personnsl circumstances but I'm doing my final transplant on Monday and then I'm going to flip them to flower on Sunday, how are they looking too Any seasoned growers
Nice growth for the short time, autoflowers?

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

20 degrees when lights off 24 when lights on
Push the temps up to 30 when lights on and you'll get a lot faster growth in veg 🙂 just be aware you'll have to water & fertilize them more often as well.
Drop the temps back down once you flip to flower.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Push the temps up to 30 when lights on and you'll get a lot faster growth in veg 🙂 just be aware you'll have to water & fertilize them more often as well.
Drop the temps back down once you flip to flower.
Really ? I was under the impression that they liked it warmer when in flower, now I'm still relatively new to growing so I may be wrong, right now I'm only running my light at 400 w, I was gonna wait until I flipped them, then turn my light up to full power, in turn raising the temp, have I got it wrong ?

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Really ? I was under the impression that they liked it warmer when in flower, now I'm still relatively new to growing so I may be wrong, right now I'm only running my light at 400 w, I was gonna wait until I flipped them, then turn my light up to full power, in turn raising the temp, have I got it wrong ?
You got it backwards my friend. Think of it in terms of natural conditions outdoors: hot in the summer (plants in veg) and mild in the fall (plants in flower). Hot conditions during flowering can actually cause a lot of problems.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

You got it backwards my friend. Think of it in terms of natural conditions outdoors: hot in the summer (plants in veg) and mild in the fall (plants in flower). Hot conditions during flowering can actually cause a lot of problems.
Obviously I believe you you'll be alot more experienced than I am but I'll put a photo up of what I read and that's what I've gone off, now I've had under lights running at 400w for 4 weeks now, will it of made a huge difference, ? I'm planning in flipping them next weekend

Screenshot 20210809 002537 Chrome
PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I can speak to my own experiences but I'd say find another opinion. I know that flowering can be done well at higher temps like you mention, but only with low humidity and heavy CO2 enrichment (above 1500ppm).

From growweedeasy.com:
vegetative-vs-flowering-temperature-v3-sm.jpg

and
Please note temps above 80°F (26°C) in the flowering stage will slow down bud growth and may cause them to become airy and loose. The heat can also reduce the potency and smell of your buds. Keeping the grow room temperature under control is especially important in the flowering/budding stage!

In the heat, cannabis is also more susceptible to many problems, including spider mites, white powdery mildew (especially if it gets humid, too), root rot, nutrient burn (from increased water transpiration), increased stretching, wilting due to root oxygen deprivation, and reduced “smelliness” of buds (as terpenes can burn away at higher temps).
Everything there matches my experience. Also, the most volatile terpenes found in Cannabis evaporate at temps above 20C. I recommend flowering at 20C for sure and let it cool down a bit when the lights are off.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Sorry but you've really got me thinking now 😂 I appreciate it but if I turn my light down 660w to say 400 w to bring the temp down won't that effect my yield? Now I've turned my light up it's at 29.2 degrees and rhe only way I can rhe temp back down is to alter the light wattage

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Sorry but you've really got me thinking now 😂 I appreciate it but if I turn my light down 660w to say 400 w to bring the temp down won't that effect my yield? Now I've turned my light up it's at 29.2 degrees and rhe only way I can rhe temp back down is to alter the light wattage
Sounds like you might need some ventilation. There are plenty of electric options out there but you could also try passive ventilation with the right setup/situation, by putting a vent at the top of your grow tent/closet/room and one or two at the bottom of the side. The temp differential will pull hot air out of the top and cooler air in from the sides, just slowly. But it might be plenty for your setup. Just make a light trap with a box with one side cut out around any vents you make if light pollution might happen.

Also if it's dry where you are you might be able to use an evaporative cooler to bring temps down but it will increase humidity and, of course, it costs money, water, and electricity to run.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Sounds like you might need some ventilation. There are plenty of electric options out there but you could also try passive ventilation with the right setup/situation, by putting a vent at the top of your grow tent/closet/room and one or two at the bottom of the side. The temp differential will pull hot air out of the top and cooler air in from the sides, just slowly. But it might be plenty for your setup. Just make a light trap with a box with one side cut out around any vents you make if light pollution might happen.

Also if it's dry where you are you might be able to use an evaporative cooler to bring temps down but it will increase humidity and, of course, it costs money, water, and electricity to run.
Thanks I will give that a go

Bbonez

Bbonez

I appreciate it but if I turn my light down 660w to say 400 w to bring the temp down won't that effect my yield?

Yes, you will have a smaller yield if you dim your lights. Could get more larf.

Are these clones or seeds?

Top Bottom