• Sour Amnesia* Martian Mean Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grape Ape* Tahe OG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CheeseDawg91

CheeseDawg91

Greetings Farmers,
I apologize for the long post in advance as I am going to give somewhat of an introduction before getting into the description of the what ill be working with and the advice im seeking. I thank in advance anyone patient enough to take the time to read this and respond as if you do you will have taken time out of your day to help me out or at least take interest in something I posted.
I recently made a leap and moved out to colorado from my home state partly for college more largely for reasons related to mj. I've done 5-10 very small grows from on and off closet cultivation over the course of a few years. I started out by growing out Ak47 bag seed, barneys farm Violator Kush, and a few others with a hilarious jerry rigged setup of cfls on clamp lights with sockets as I had no startup money but a desire to start growing for myself asap. Surprisingly I got decent quality in small quantity before upgrading to my first HID after 2 runs with my nigrig. With a new 400 watt hid, and 250 watt hydrofarm cfl for veg and some other decent equipment I grew out Pure Kush on a couple occasions, Kalashnikova once , and Cheesedawg a couple times too. I used Fox farm soil and the trio of their nutes, bought a ph control and test kit, and neem oil for pest control, the room the closet was in had a/c and I had a hygrometer and dehumidifer and humidifier to attempt to control the environment a bit.
First go round the Pure Kush yielded about 2.5 ounces of skunky/spicy/kushy flowers which when smoked in a joint made your lips tingle and the unique taste that I would describe as "old school" lingered on the pallette. The Kalashnikova yielded about the same but I wasn't a fan of it at all. Ran the Pure Kush a couple more times before getting a pack of Cheesedawg from big buddah seeds on the attitude.
The cheesedawg is Chem 91 crossed with Big Buddah Cheese if ya didnt know. I ran one girl alone , lst'd and topped and ended up with a few ounces really great bud that did however have a lot of seeds. However once dried and cured at least half properly the smell and similar taste was sublime to me. The smell was your classic chemdawg, but with a funk that was as sour if not as sour as ECSD. The taste on the other hand was something different. On the inhale you would get that fuel/chem/ sour taste but on the exhale you would get the taste from the inhale but with a twist of spicyness/skunkyness from the big buddah cheese reversed father. This bud made you feel almost drunk and it would make you giggly and super hungry and talkative and unbalanced when standing. It was ideal for hanging out with friends on the couch, where you would melt into it, but stay awake and somehow mentally energized and inspired to have good conversations. The effect that made this my favorite weed was how damn good it made me at video games. It felt like I was playing in the video games as the character and that I didnt have multiple lives and so survival was really important and even a little stressful. This strain also induced really vivid almost lucid dreams for me. This was from a plant that hermed up pretty bad so I was curious in seeing what it would be like if it hadn't hermed.
I had 2 fem beans left from my pack of cheesedawg from buddah seeds, so I attempted to germ them and one popped. This time I avoided high stress techniques and stuck with LST after reading it was pointless to top if you LST well. I'm sure that's debatable as so many people top with success, but lucky for me this time, the changes in training techniques gave me a new head stash of a few ounces of chemmy chem chem that was just as good but wierdly not better than its hermaphroditic sister. As a fan of chems which seem to herm so often, I now will probably not ever top again unless thoroughly convinced of a reason to do so.
I stored the couple hundred beans I got from the hermy sister and have always wondered what they would be like and what exactly they are considered genetic wise (s1?) TO date this is my favorite strain due to my special attachment with it and the fact the unique high's it gave me defined almost a year of my life, which the smell of any similar chem variety brings back fond memories of.
Fast forward a little while and I'm living in a new place which for certain reasons I was convinced by a family member who also enjoys the herb, not to grow in our new place as it was closer to a school than our old place. My room was the whole basement and no one in my house would come down there because the only reason would be to do laundry which I offered to do and then bring up to them so that they wouldn't have to walk through my room to into the part of the basement which contained the washer and dryer, a work out area, and a beautiful closet I had been eyeballing since we viewed this location while looking for a new place. I saw it the day we walked through and toured the place and I just said to myself and my best friend later, "that closet in the laundry room will be the best little space for my 400w hps and a nice tree!." A couple months into living there I decided, "fuck it, I understand the concerns , but literally this bud is never gonna leave my house hell it will never leave my room, I'm gonna do this, I want to."
I had recently found a few seeds in a whole bunch of Blue Cheese flower which was drenched in trichomes and so tasty of blueberries and skunk, and so I was dying to have some more Blue Cheese in my life. Also, not as recently I had been gifted seeds found in bud smoked by my brother, he said either grapefruit or sour diesel both of which I was familiar with and had smoked before and was confident I could ID on completion. That same day I started 10 seeds from the blue cheese and my brother's mystery seeds. I unpacked my light and other shit from moving boxes where they had been depressingly sitting for too long. I vegged with the mh that came with my hid light and this was the first time I vegged with a 400 watt light or a mh. As the plants showed sex I noticed a few males in the blue cheeses and killed them and literally shed a tear or two knowing these would have been so nice to breed with, based on the ancestry, vigor of these individuals, and the quality of the flower the seeds came from I knew I would want anything these genetics touched. After realizing the spacing issue of only having a single coat closet, I killed all plants besides my most vigorous Blue Cheese female as well as the most vigorous mystery seed plant. I transplanted the Blue Cheese into a 5 gallon bucket with fox farm soil I had left over from a previous grow. The mystery seed plant I put into a small pot that was only 1-2 gallons as I wanted to dedicate most of my space to a Blue Cheese tree but I needed to solve the mystery and sample it as well. Neither of these plants liked a lot of nutes so I gave them both half doses and half as often as reccomended before stopping nutes all together 6 weeks into flowering.
9 weeks into flowering the whole basement REEKS of blue berry skunks and grapefruits when you reach the third step from upstairs. By this point I ID'd the mystery seed as grapefruit from the obvious citral (C99 like) stench filling the room. It was fully mature and seemed to be ready to cut. The Blue Cheese on the other hand was falling all over itself and was pretty mature but I think another week would have been awesome, but buds would have started falling off, despite my effort to support them. Both these girls were ready so I cut them, removed fan and large leaves, and dried those bitches out. 4-5 days later I trimmed and collected all the sugar leaves and transferred my buds to jars. I got a final weight from the blue cheese of 6.5 ounces dry and approx 1.5oz of the grapefruit single stalker. Needless to say I was very happy. After 2 weeks, the cure was adequate to start smoking the product from the first grow that I felt lived up to where my level skill level was and gave me new hopes and dreams of what my potential could be when it comes to cultivation, it gave me the idea that I shouldn't give up and that I should go all the way.
Ever since I started smoking I made plans of moving to California, Colorado, Oregon, or Washington. I left high school earlier got an equivalency and started college to expedite my arrival in a cannabis friendly state. By the time that last mentioned Blue Cheese grow was going on I had well established plans to move to Colorado, get my medical card, develop and refine my cultivation skills and gain other useful experience, finish college, and then finally get involved with the cannabis industry in a significant way, dreaming of working for/with or even having my own dispensary, and of playing a part in breeding new genetics with like minded people. From the time I first did that thing starting college early I called my game plan for achieving these goals the sour diesel life plan. So far I'm at the point in the plan of having moved to Colorado and got my medical card so now it is time to further develop and refine skills with growing, get important industry related experience, while completing my education. That completes my stupidly long introduction and I feel like I just introduced myself to some sort of growers anonymous but instead of stopping Im looking to get better at and never stop growing. Hope I fit in here :)
Anyways now to the fun part. I'm ready to start growing for myself again and I am seeking advice how best to utilize my space and plant count and am looking for recommendations on supplies. I mentioned I always used fox farm and had good results, but for a year or two I have been reading into veganics as kyle kushman has been becoming famous for and winning awards for. I am not a vegan but I do love tasty weed and I had heard veganics produces the deepest flavors because of the use of plant based nutrients and compost teas. I don't know if i will be wasting my money by trying to copy kyle kushmans veganic grows by using the products he recommends or if i should just stick with what I know? I currently plan on using Canna Bio Terra plus soil, the nute trio and others from that company as well as compost tea from the OG tea company or making my own from recipes on here. Would anyone here be able to say I am doing the right thing investing in all these new things or should I stick with what I know which is just a quality bagged soil mix like FF OF and relatively organic nutrient from the same company? I will be using somewhere between 5 and 10 gallon pots for my flowering plants for optimal yield. I have never sorted out the issue of how to deal with water runnoff besides cleaning up with towels aftewards :/ and I am looking for help on what to do with that and to keep the area under the buckets where water runs off clean and free of any mold or shit?
The space I can work with is as much of my bedroom is necessary besides my bed as well as a closet in that room and a coat closet which could also be used for something. The mission of my grow is to produce quality medicine for myself which lasts me between cycles and which has great flavor and which is evident of forward progression of my grow skills. I also am playing with the idea of breeding some crosses that I have thought would be dank and the names of which would be pretty cool.
I need recommendations on what sized grow tent to use to veg with which would be appropriate for but a somewhat large space for a 400 watt t5 or 600 watt mh light. Then I need to know what size tent to get for either (1-2) 600 watt hps or (1) 1000 watt hps or some sort of alternative lighting system with comprable production abilities. For lighting I am intrigued by the newer more efficient systems that wont drive up my power bill as much and I am interested in hearing what the word is on LEC, high end LED, Plasma, induction, ect.
I mentioned being interested in breeding and I am curious if I should get a third and or fourth little grow tent for isolating males and or a breeding chamber? If I do breed it will be with a male I dont wanna kill and that has breeding potential in my mind and a selected female with the goal being seed production so this area can be pretty small if it is needed at all.
I'm wondering if the tap water in colorado springs is going to be okay for my gals or if I should buy an RO filter and how much one that would work for me would cost? Better yet where are the natural springs that I can collect jugs of water from? and then maybe still RO filter!?
How much will a co2 and humidity and temp control system for a tent of the size I mentioned cost? will this be necessary?
Smell control is going to be kind of important out of respect for my neighbors so I would like some pointers on that as I never really understood how to setup the carbon filter and inline fans I used to own, I hope to be growing some of the smelliest strains on earth so this issue is kind of the biggest on my mind recently.
Lastly I've a nice variety of seeds to choose from and it is challenging to choose what to pop first. I might get some clones to get a head start with flowering but these are the seeds I have to choose from to germ and if anything sticks out and seems like I should make it a priority, please let me know.
Dog Paddle, Sour Amnesia*Martian Mean Grean, Sour Amnesia * unknown baby daddy, Cheese, Skunk, Sour Amnesia, Reno OG, Candy Kush, Aspen OG, Chem thai, Chem 4, Chem Berry Kix, Acid, Chem Sour D, MK Ultra, Cherry Wreck, Flo*Girl Scout Cookies, Grape Ape*Tahoe OG, Dawg Waltz, Blue Head OG, Jack O Nesia, Bay 11, Bay Dream, Wreckage, Sour Diesel, Cheesedawg s1?

That concludes my first post to the farm and I would like to thank anyone reading this and even more anyone taking time to respond. I look forward to meeting y'all on here! When I make my final decisions and get started I will definitely start a grow diary with pics and all. I also Have some throwback pics to my blue cheese and grapefruit grow that I started on spur of the moment decision and couldnt have been happier I did

Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s
Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 2
Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 2 Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 3 Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 4 Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 5 Introduction and advice seeking planning 1st legal grow and lots of s 6

Wildill

Wildill

We
Greetings Farmers,
I apologize for the long post in advance as I am going to give somewhat of an introduction before getting into the description of the what ill be working with and the advice im seeking. I thank in advance anyone patient enough to take the time to read this and respond as if you do you will have taken time out of your day to help me out or at least take interest in something I posted.
I recently made a leap and moved out to colorado from my home state partly for college more largely for reasons related to mj. I've done 5-10 very small grows from on and off closet cultivation over the course of a few years. I started out by growing out Ak47 bag seed, barneys farm Violator Kush, and a few others with a hilarious jerry rigged setup of cfls on clamp lights with sockets as I had no startup money but a desire to start growing for myself asap. Surprisingly I got decent quality in small quantity before upgrading to my first HID after 2 runs with my nigrig. With a new 400 watt hid, and 250 watt hydrofarm cfl for veg and some other decent equipment I grew out Pure Kush on a couple occasions, Kalashnikova once , and Cheesedawg a couple times too. I used Fox farm soil and the trio of their nutes, bought a ph control and test kit, and neem oil for pest control, the room the closet was in had a/c and I had a hygrometer and dehumidifer and humidifier to attempt to control the environment a bit.
First go round the Pure Kush yielded about 2.5 ounces of skunky/spicy/kushy flowers which when smoked in a joint made your lips tingle and the unique taste that I would describe as "old school" lingered on the pallette. The Kalashnikova yielded about the same but I wasn't a fan of it at all. Ran the Pure Kush a couple more times before getting a pack of Cheesedawg from big buddah seeds on the attitude.
The cheesedawg is Chem 91 crossed with Big Buddah Cheese if ya didnt know. I ran one girl alone , lst'd and topped and ended up with a few ounces really great bud that did however have a lot of seeds. However once dried and cured at least half properly the smell and similar taste was sublime to me. The smell was your classic chemdawg, but with a funk that was as sour if not as sour as ECSD. The taste on the other hand was something different. On the inhale you would get that fuel/chem/ sour taste but on the exhale you would get the taste from the inhale but with a twist of spicyness/skunkyness from the big buddah cheese reversed father. This bud made you feel almost drunk and it would make you giggly and super hungry and talkative and unbalanced when standing. It was ideal for hanging out with friends on the couch, where you would melt into it, but stay awake and somehow mentally energized and inspired to have good conversations. The effect that made this my favorite weed was how damn good it made me at video games. It felt like I was playing in the video games as the character and that I didnt have multiple lives and so survival was really important and even a little stressful. This strain also induced really vivid almost lucid dreams for me. This was from a plant that hermed up pretty bad so I was curious in seeing what it would be like if it hadn't hermed.
I had 2 fem beans left from my pack of cheesedawg from buddah seeds, so I attempted to germ them and one popped. This time I avoided high stress techniques and stuck with LST after reading it was pointless to top if you LST well. I'm sure that's debatable as so many people top with success, but lucky for me this time, the changes in training techniques gave me a new head stash of a few ounces of chemmy chem chem that was just as good but wierdly not better than its hermaphroditic sister. As a fan of chems which seem to herm so often, I now will probably not ever top again unless thoroughly convinced of a reason to do so.
I stored the couple hundred beans I got from the hermy sister and have always wondered what they would be like and what exactly they are considered genetic wise (s1?) TO date this is my favorite strain due to my special attachment with it and the fact the unique high's it gave me defined almost a year of my life, which the smell of any similar chem variety brings back fond memories of.
Fast forward a little while and I'm living in a new place which for certain reasons I was convinced by a family member who also enjoys the herb, not to grow in our new place as it was closer to a school than our old place. My room was the whole basement and no one in my house would come down there because the only reason would be to do laundry which I offered to do and then bring up to them so that they wouldn't have to walk through my room to into the part of the basement which contained the washer and dryer, a work out area, and a beautiful closet I had been eyeballing since we viewed this location while looking for a new place. I saw it the day we walked through and toured the place and I just said to myself and my best friend later, "that closet in the laundry room will be the best little space for my 400w hps and a nice tree!." A couple months into living there I decided, "fuck it, I understand the concerns , but literally this bud is never gonna leave my house hell it will never leave my room, I'm gonna do this, I want to."
I had recently found a few seeds in a whole bunch of Blue Cheese flower which was drenched in trichomes and so tasty of blueberries and skunk, and so I was dying to have some more Blue Cheese in my life. Also, not as recently I had been gifted seeds found in bud smoked by my brother, he said either grapefruit or sour diesel both of which I was familiar with and had smoked before and was confident I could ID on completion. That same day I started 10 seeds from the blue cheese and my brother's mystery seeds. I unpacked my light and other shit from moving boxes where they had been depressingly sitting for too long. I vegged with the mh that came with my hid light and this was the first time I vegged with a 400 watt light or a mh. As the plants showed sex I noticed a few males in the blue cheeses and killed them and literally shed a tear or two knowing these would have been so nice to breed with, based on the ancestry, vigor of these individuals, and the quality of the flower the seeds came from I knew I would want anything these genetics touched. After realizing the spacing issue of only having a single coat closet, I killed all plants besides my most vigorous Blue Cheese female as well as the most vigorous mystery seed plant. I transplanted the Blue Cheese into a 5 gallon bucket with fox farm soil I had left over from a previous grow. The mystery seed plant I put into a small pot that was only 1-2 gallons as I wanted to dedicate most of my space to a Blue Cheese tree but I needed to solve the mystery and sample it as well. Neither of these plants liked a lot of nutes so I gave them both half doses and half as often as reccomended before stopping nutes all together 6 weeks into flowering.
9 weeks into flowering the whole basement REEKS of blue berry skunks and grapefruits when you reach the third step from upstairs. By this point I ID'd the mystery seed as grapefruit from the obvious citral (C99 like) stench filling the room. It was fully mature and seemed to be ready to cut. The Blue Cheese on the other hand was falling all over itself and was pretty mature but I think another week would have been awesome, but buds would have started falling off, despite my effort to support them. Both these girls were ready so I cut them, removed fan and large leaves, and dried those bitches out. 4-5 days later I trimmed and collected all the sugar leaves and transferred my buds to jars. I got a final weight from the blue cheese of 6.5 ounces dry and approx 1.5oz of the grapefruit single stalker. Needless to say I was very happy. After 2 weeks, the cure was adequate to start smoking the product from the first grow that I felt lived up to where my level skill level was and gave me new hopes and dreams of what my potential could be when it comes to cultivation, it gave me the idea that I shouldn't give up and that I should go all the way.
Ever since I started smoking I made plans of moving to California, Colorado, Oregon, or Washington. I left high school earlier got an equivalency and started college to expedite my arrival in a cannabis friendly state. By the time that last mentioned Blue Cheese grow was going on I had well established plans to move to Colorado, get my medical card, develop and refine my cultivation skills and gain other useful experience, finish college, and then finally get involved with the cannabis industry in a significant way, dreaming of working for/with or even having my own dispensary, and of playing a part in breeding new genetics with like minded people. From the time I first did that thing starting college early I called my game plan for achieving these goals the sour diesel life plan. So far I'm at the point in the plan of having moved to Colorado and got my medical card so now it is time to further develop and refine skills with growing, get important industry related experience, while completing my education. That completes my stupidly long introduction and I feel like I just introduced myself to some sort of growers anonymous but instead of stopping Im looking to get better at and never stop growing. Hope I fit in here :)
Anyways now to the fun part. I'm ready to start growing for myself again and I am seeking advice how best to utilize my space and plant count and am looking for recommendations on supplies. I mentioned I always used fox farm and had good results, but for a year or two I have been reading into veganics as kyle kushman has been becoming famous for and winning awards for. I am not a vegan but I do love tasty weed and I had heard veganics produces the deepest flavors because of the use of plant based nutrients and compost teas. I don't know if i will be wasting my money by trying to copy kyle kushmans veganic grows by using the products he recommends or if i should just stick with what I know? I currently plan on using Canna Bio Terra plus soil, the nute trio and others from that company as well as compost tea from the OG tea company or making my own from recipes on here. Would anyone here be able to say I am doing the right thing investing in all these new things or should I stick with what I know which is just a quality bagged soil mix like FF OF and relatively organic nutrient from the same company? I will be using somewhere between 5 and 10 gallon pots for my flowering plants for optimal yield. I have never sorted out the issue of how to deal with water runnoff besides cleaning up with towels aftewards :/ and I am looking for help on what to do with that and to keep the area under the buckets where water runs off clean and free of any mold or shit?
The space I can work with is as much of my bedroom is necessary besides my bed as well as a closet in that room and a coat closet which could also be used for something. The mission of my grow is to produce quality medicine for myself which lasts me between cycles and which has great flavor and which is evident of forward progression of my grow skills. I also am playing with the idea of breeding some crosses that I have thought would be dank and the names of which would be pretty cool.
I need recommendations on what sized grow tent to use to veg with which would be appropriate for but a somewhat large space for a 400 watt t5 or 600 watt mh light. Then I need to know what size tent to get for either (1-2) 600 watt hps or (1) 1000 watt hps or some sort of alternative lighting system with comprable production abilities. For lighting I am intrigued by the newer more efficient systems that wont drive up my power bill as much and I am interested in hearing what the word is on LEC, high end LED, Plasma, induction, ect.
I mentioned being interested in breeding and I am curious if I should get a third and or fourth little grow tent for isolating males and or a breeding chamber? If I do breed it will be with a male I dont wanna kill and that has breeding potential in my mind and a selected female with the goal being seed production so this area can be pretty small if it is needed at all.
I'm wondering if the tap water in colorado springs is going to be okay for my gals or if I should buy an RO filter and how much one that would work for me would cost? Better yet where are the natural springs that I can collect jugs of water from? and then maybe still RO filter!?
How much will a co2 and humidity and temp control system for a tent of the size I mentioned cost? will this be necessary?
Smell control is going to be kind of important out of respect for my neighbors so I would like some pointers on that as I never really understood how to setup the carbon filter and inline fans I used to own, I hope to be growing some of the smelliest strains on earth so this issue is kind of the biggest on my mind recently.
Lastly I've a nice variety of seeds to choose from and it is challenging to choose what to pop first. I might get some clones to get a head start with flowering but these are the seeds I have to choose from to germ and if anything sticks out and seems like I should make it a priority, please let me know.
Dog Paddle, Sour Amnesia*Martian Mean Grean, Sour Amnesia * unknown baby daddy, Cheese, Skunk, Sour Amnesia, Reno OG, Candy Kush, Aspen OG, Chem thai, Chem 4, Chem Berry Kix, Acid, Chem Sour D, MK Ultra, Cherry Wreck, Flo*Girl Scout Cookies, Grape Ape*Tahoe OG, Dawg Waltz, Blue Head OG, Jack O Nesia, Bay 11, Bay Dream, Wreckage, Sour Diesel, Cheesedawg s1?

That concludes my first post to the farm and I would like to thank anyone reading this and even more anyone taking time to respond. I look forward to meeting y'all on here! When I make my final decisions and get started I will definitely start a grow diary with pics and all. I also Have some throwback pics to my blue cheese and grapefruit grow that I started on spur of the moment decision and couldnt have been happier I did

View attachment 424784 View attachment 424785 View attachment 424784 View attachment 424785 View attachment 424786 View attachment 424787 View attachment 424788 View attachment 424789[/quot

Welcome to the farm. I would stick with what I know to begin with just so do have any problems. I would get somthing like 4x4 tent for veg and 5x5 tent for flower with a 1k bulb you could use one of the coat closets that are already there for a breeding room/male chamber. Nice seed line up you have there. Good luck bro

CheeseDawg91

CheeseDawg91

Thanks for the reply Willdill.
When it comes to the breeding setup in the closet, do I keep males there to collect pollen from and to use the pollen in a different area where I have females which I plan to expose to the pollen?, or do I keep males and females to flower together in this area? Will I need two breeding chambers, one for males and one where I lightly pollinate females with harvested pollen? I'm looking at 3-4 little areas. Veg, Bloom, and then the male chamber and the female breeding chamber where I would pollinate girls without causing insane amounts of seeds?
Also do you have any ideas on how to handle the water runoff from 5-10 gallon buckets? My plants used to just sort of flood my grow area floor and I'm not sure how best to address that issue of water runoff
I like to veg my plants big so is a 4 by 4 going to leave me room for a few large vegging plants and a mom or two with her babies?
And is the 5 by 5 with the 1000w going to be enough space for 2-6 plants similar in size to the blue cheese tree pictured in my intro? I'm figuring ill flower 3or 4 at a time, veg 3 or 4 and then keep a mom and a some clones in veg to replenish the veg room upon harvests and keep things perpetual.
What heights do you recommend for these tents? 6-8ft for flower? 4-6 feet for veg?

Wildill

Wildill

Thanks for the reply Willdill.
When it comes to the breeding setup in the closet, do I keep males there to collect pollen from and to use the pollen in a different area where I have females which I plan to expose to the pollen?, or do I keep males and females to flower together in this area? Will I need two breeding chambers, one for males and one where I lightly pollinate females with harvested pollen? I'm looking at 3-4 little areas. Veg, Bloom, and then the male chamber and the female breeding chamber where I would pollinate girls without causing insane amounts of seeds?
Also do you have any ideas on how to handle the water runoff from 5-10 gallon buckets? My plants used to just sort of flood my grow area floor and I'm not sure how best to address that issue of water runoff
I like to veg my plants big so is a 4 by 4 going to leave me room for a few large vegging plants and a mom or two with her babies?
And is the 5 by 5 with the 1000w going to be enough space for 2-6 plants similar in size to the blue cheese tree pictured in my intro? I'm figuring ill flower 3or 4 at a time, veg 3 or 4 and then keep a mom and a some clones in veg to replenish the veg room upon harvests and keep things perpetual.
What heights do you recommend for these tents? 6-8ft for flower? 4-6 feet for veg?
As for as the males go you can keep them long enuff to collect pollin to store that way you want have to keep them around taking up space. Than you can pollmate a branch or 2 on plant that's already in flower. As far as the off goes I use to carry my pots ton the bathtub to water. Now I water with a tub under there pots and emity tub or you could use a shop vac to remove water from tubs. I veg my plants big also and 4 plants at a time too. I use a vertical 1k bulb. The 5x5 will be good if your were to use a vertical bulb you could do a bigger room by plants get about 3ft tall and 3ft wide. My veg room is a about 5x4 closet I keep clones seedlings and 4 plants that are next up in the flower room.
Here's a pic of my veg room.

CheeseDawg91

CheeseDawg91

Nice room! How long till you put those bigger ones into bloom?
I like the idea of putting the pots in bigger tubs and using a shop vac to suck up the runoff after waterings.
How would I collect and store the pollen and how do I pollenate only desired parts of a desired plant? Ive heard of covering every branch with black garbage bag besides the ones you wanna pollenate and then use a qtip to put a little pollen where you want. That summary is all I know about it and I dont think I would do it successfully on that alone.

I'm looking at tents right now and as of this moment im thinking of using a 5*5*6 ft for veg and either another on of those for bloom or a 10*5*7 for bloom . The blue cheese pictured in the post was from the floor of that room to just under the ceiling and from wall to wall wide so minus the height of the bucket i would guess it was a little over 5 ft tall and about 3 ft wide. I'm not sure how big of plants ill be able to do in these tents, my dream would be an nice outdoor or greenhouse spot to bring out plants that are already big by the spring and grow actual trees. Either that or a tent that takes up the whole room so the plants can get as big as they want.

For smell control do you have any ideas?
How much can I expect a 1000w hps and a 600w mh or t5 and all the necessary equipment to cost in electricity per month?
My electric bill is so cheap like 35 a month now im trying to run it up before starting this grow so it doesnt look like im growing a lot or at least so that I dont feel like thats the case but its really just that im using almost no electricity right now because of cfl lighting and the energy efficient tv and new ps3 model lol. It would seem reasonable to assume that when everythin is said and done with my setup the bill will be more like 100 give or take thats no issue i just dont know if that is normal for a person in a 1br. As I mentioned this will be a legal med and legal rec grow so legal isnt my concern with electric use being high so much as being scrutinized anyway and feeling sketchy anyway. Ill be paying it regardless so i figure if it is high the electric company will send a letter saying my electricity use went up which Ive hear of people around here getting but it usually comes with tips on how to conserve power.
Have u heard any good about LEC (light emitting ceramic) lighting or do u have leds to reccomend?
I would favor a higher startup cost and a lower monthly electric bill as long as I dont sacrifice on quality or yield too much. The LEC I mentioned is only like 250 watts but the hydro store guys were claiming they replaced their 600 and 1000 hids with these and I dont know what to believe.

Wildill

Wildill

Nice room! How long till you put those bigger ones into bloom?
I like the idea of putting the pots in bigger tubs and using a shop vac to suck up the runoff after waterings.
How would I collect and store the pollen and how do I pollenate only desired parts of a desired plant? Ive heard of covering every branch with black garbage bag besides the ones you wanna pollenate and then use a qtip to put a little pollen where you want. That summary is all I know about it and I dont think I would do it successfully on that alone.

I'm looking at tents right now and as of this moment im thinking of using a 5*5*6 ft for veg and either another on of those for bloom or a 10*5*7 for bloom . The blue cheese pictured in the post was from the floor of that room to just under the ceiling and from wall to wall wide so minus the height of the bucket i would guess it was a little over 5 ft tall and about 3 ft wide. I'm not sure how big of plants ill be able to do in these tents, my dream would be an nice outdoor or greenhouse spot to bring out plants that are already big by the spring and grow actual trees. Either that or a tent that takes up the whole room so the plants can get as big as they want.

For smell control do you have any ideas?
How much can I expect a 1000w hps and a 600w mh or t5 and all the necessary equipment to cost in electricity per month?
My electric bill is so cheap like 35 a month now im trying to run it up before starting this grow so it doesnt look like im growing a lot or at least so that I dont feel like thats the case but its really just that im using almost no electricity right now because of cfl lighting and the energy efficient tv and new ps3 model lol. It would seem reasonable to assume that when everythin is said and done with my setup the bill will be more like 100 give or take thats no issue i just dont know if that is normal for a person in a 1br. As I mentioned this will be a legal med and legal rec grow so legal isnt my concern with electric use being high so much as being scrutinized anyway and feeling sketchy anyway. Ill be paying it regardless so i figure if it is high the electric company will send a letter saying my electricity use went up which Ive hear of people around here getting but it usually comes with tips on how to conserve power.
Have u heard any good about LEC (light emitting ceramic) lighting or do u have leds to reccomend?
I would favor a higher startup cost and a lower monthly electric bill as long as I dont sacrifice on quality or yield too much. The LEC I mentioned is only like 250 watts but the hydro store guys were claiming they replaced their 600 and 1000 hids with these and I dont know what to believe.
The bigger plants will go into bloom in two weeks. I'm thinking your light bill will run no more than 100 bucks. I don't much about LEDs but was thinking about getting one for the veg room. I know @Power OG gets good results with the Mars led. Check out his tread

CheeseDawg91

CheeseDawg91

Cool, im gonna look more into the alternative lighting but Ill more than likely get a nice hid system instead. and with the savings from the rediculously high price of led maybe a co2 system and or some finer environmental controls
what do you expect to pull from the 4 plants under the 1k light? also what strains are those? do you have a grow journal that picture was related to so I can watch the progress of that grow?

Wildill

Wildill

Cool, im gonna look more into the alternative lighting but Ill more than likely get a nice hid system instead. and with the savings from the rediculously high price of led maybe a co2 system and or some finer environmental controls
what do you expect to pull from the 4 plants under the 1k light? also what strains are those? do you have a grow journal that picture was related to so I can watch the progress of that grow?
Yeah bro I'm in 7x7 room co2 burner CAP environment controller. Those 4 are some hybrids I made. As for as yield goes I expect to get at least one potato. Here's my thread..
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/wildills-pheno-hunt.64156/

CheeseDawg91

CheeseDawg91

Thanks for the helpful advice! Cool homemade hybrids, and sweet setup!

Top Bottom