Introduction and question

• Thread starter hotflameboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotflameboy

hotflameboy

Hello fellow farmers, I'm Alex and i started growing for the first time this year outdoors. I'm very excited and passionate about the whole process 😁

But of course being a newbie I already have questions for you more experiences people out there, I just want to know what those things are on the stem in my first picture and the yellow spots on the other one. I did some research and found out the yellow spots could be due to insects but in the end i really don't have a clue. Also there is a bit of mold on the soil from the first picture which is I expect from overwatering (in my case heavy rain), could that have caused the little things on the stem ?

Any help is appreciated,

Have a sunny day

Alex
Introduction and question
Introduction and question 2
Introduction and question 3

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

welcome to farm! I’m not a big soil guy but I say you need more soil in a lot of those pots. Bring the soil to the top of the pots

I know people are going to ask about what the p.h is of the water and what soil mixture you are using and nutrients.

it’s a lot of work but I’m sure with the help form experts on here and some time you are going to have a great grow!

euphoria526

euphoria526

List of things people will ask for future reference:
Medium:Soil/coco/hydro?
Nutrients: what kind, type, how much, how often?
Lights: what are you using and how far from the top of the plant/soil. If your outside then the sun.

Ok so where those white little nubbins are, we’re they at one point covered in soil? They look like roots starting to form. You can bury it in soil and it will be fine. The Greek is right, you should put more soil in those pots, leave about a 1/2 in at the top for any water spillage

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yes, fill the pots. the nubs on the first pic will be fixed when you fill the pot. the spots are where water got on the leaf and got burned by the sun/light.

and yes, more info will be needed. if they are in soil, the ph is not so important, but they will ask for it. the soil buffers the ph and makes it right. most soil is aimed at 6.3-6.8. so even if you change it, the soil will push it back to between those numbers. and the stuff you use to increase or decrease it might not get along with the stuff the soil has.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
those light spots that are starting are from bad watering practices you’ll see the same leaf is slightly curled downward..
ok what is with that plant, you have topped it and there is no side branches? also looks like only water at stem?
what have you been doing to the plants?

hotflameboy

hotflameboy

Thank you guys for you inputs, it really helps ! I'm going to add more soil then. I use biomixx light with the starter kit from greenhouse. I still need to order a ph meter (i know that's important)
@GNick55 I'm sorry i'm still a total beginner in all of this, shouldn't i have topped it ??

euphoria526

euphoria526

Thank you guys for you inputs, it really helps ! I'm going to add more soil then. I use biomixx light with the starter kit from greenhouse. I still need to order a ph meter (i know that's important)
@GNick55 I'm sorry i'm still a total beginner in all of this, shouldn't i have topped it ??
Don’t apologize lol we’re all learning, shit I’m only on my 2nd grow, but I’ve been soaking up information like a sponge!

Yes top the plant, it’ll even out the canopy and create more, slightly smaller cola’s, but don’t be discouraged, topping once or twice helps the plant out overall by bushing it out and spreading it wider.
Also a little watering advice, as I am also always looking for better watering practices for my own grows, as the plant gets bigger, get more of the medium/soil wet. I feed till i runoff lots of water, but I’m in coco, when I was in soil I’d water till it barely dripped out of the bottom. Gotta get it all wet for the roots to grow.

How long do you wait till water again?

hotflameboy

hotflameboy

Don’t apologize lol we’re all learning, shit I’m only on my 2nd grow, but I’ve been soaking up information like a sponge!

Yes top the plant, it’ll even out the canopy and create more, slightly smaller cola’s, but don’t be discouraged, topping once or twice helps the plant out overall by bushing it out and spreading it wider.
Also a little watering advice, as I am also always looking for better watering practices for my own grows, as the plant gets bigger, get more of the medium/soil wet. I feed till i runoff lots of water, but I’m in coco, when I was in soil I’d water till it barely dripped out of the bottom. Gotta get it all wet for the roots to grow.

How long do you wait till water again?
Yes me too and i also have alot of pleasure doing it ! Watering : Usually every day or two when it's sunny. But unfortunately it rains alot and so i'm not watering them at all for the moment. Somebody also told me to put 10% of the soil container in water; so if you have 40L container you'd have 400mL of water.
Thanks for that info ;)

Top Bottom