Introduction form new Hemp farmer

• Thread starter genioducati1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

genioducati1

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask if anyone could send me to some threads that might help me out. I've searched a lot but it's a ton of information to go over.

First off, I am interested in growing cannabis for CBD, not THC. This is because the law in North Carolina now allows us to plant and grow crops of hemp. I have access to a rather huge old chicken house that was used for industrial use so it's already set up with a lot of electric, gas, heating and cooling. I want to start off with a few grow tents to produce around 50lb a quarter during the winter and get some nice mothers ready to produce 20k clones for the planting season. We have a greenhouse set up for hydroponic growing of seedlings, we're going to change it around to support the clones for farmers who want to plant outdoors next season.

During the winter months we're hoping to learn a lot about growing so buying 5-6 grow tents, lights, etc. like is used for indoor grow should let us test some stuff out. I expect a lot of trial and error.

What I am looking for help on is what tents to buy and grow lights, etc. Does anyone have some links to stuff they would suggest on amazon or something? Is there a thread that already covers this? Cannabis is Cannabis, so would a CBD heavy plant work the same way a THC heavy plant would?

I didn't know what thread to post this in so I put it in the general one. If I should move it please let me know.

Thanks!

B

Burned Haze

Welcome to THCF!
Hope to see you around and hope you post a journal/log it. i bet everyone on here would love that! (Pop me a pm if you make a thread if you can/remember when make it )

I would love to do hemp (cbd ) farming and grow tons of pheno’s and Take clones and find a awesome 1-2% super gem out of that 1000+ germination female
Good luck and hope you find some cool plants and have a good season!

G

genioducati1

Welcome to THCF!
Hope to see you around and hope you post a journal/log it. i bet everyone on here would love that! (Pop me a pm if you make a thread if you can/remember when make it )
Sure will!

I'm actually going to try to vlog the whole thing. The goal is to try to get a plant that will grow good here with extremely low thc and extremely high cbd. Its a very interesting situation, no one here has the slightest idea on how to do anything but since it became legal a lot of very conservative people are getting interested. I grew up in California but my parents live in NC and we had a huge farm for poultry and tobacco here that's inactive. I've got a buyer in Virginia who wants all the clones we can give them. It's an amazing opportunity.

I'll be sure to post everything I can!

B

Burned Haze

Sure will!

I'm actually going to try to vlog the whole thing. The goal is to try to get a plant that will grow good here with extremely low thc and extremely high cbd. Its a very interesting situation, no one here has the slightest idea on how to do anything but since it became legal a lot of very conservative people are getting interested. I grew up in California but my parents live in NC and we had a huge farm for poultry and tobacco here that's inactive. I've got a buyer in Virginia who wants all the clones we can give them. It's an amazing opportunity.

I'll be sure to post everything I can!

Awesome!

You sound like a creative Person in a good situation . Good luck on Your journey ! look for those unique stuff instead of what everyone has or what the stores are demanding, be your own person and then your brand will become( you prolly got this since your biz is set, just giving some positive feedback back )

With your plant count sounds to me youll have fun I’m sure,it’s always about the genetics ( 23-30%ish of end results score of harvest )

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom