Ionic nutes

• Thread starter fletchman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fletchman

Anyone here runnin the simple 1 part Ionic nutes in their UC?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Wondering the same, this seems like yet another nutrient that would go hand in hand with the UC system yet I dont see any info on UC people using it.....

jammie

jammie

IMO ionic grow, bloom and boost are some of the best nutes for dwc (uc looks similiar). its inexpensive, ph is stable in both tap and rainwater, never noticed any cal/mg deficiencies even though i use mostly rainwater.

U

ugmjfarmer

Ionic Bloom is great stuff. The guys here in town make and distribute the stuff in the USA. Every time I've ran it, my grows had no problems and great results. Like a lot of 1-part nutrients, its dilution rate is a little higher than a 2-part. You will use 4 tablespoons per gallon, which is 60ml/gal for full strength. The advantage to this is in DWC, you usually run 1/2 strength from what I've seen, so you would use a 30ml/gal dilution rate to achieve around a 1.2 ec. Any little few ml that you are off when measuring wont have disastrous results, and the root burn when pouring in your nutes in the UC would be harder to have happen. Just make sure you buy enough nutrient if you plan on changing your tanks out every week.

I've never adjusted the PH with Ionic if that says anything? Its always at 5.7-5.9. I think I'm talking myself into going back as I remember. All these bottles with fancy labels and long "derived from" lists have mesmerized me for long enough.

F

fletchman

Im going to give it a try,

Ionic Grow,Bloom,Boost, how much easier can it get?

Plus I have read many threads of Heath Robinson growing monsters with the stuff, at around 1.2 EC.

powerplant

powerplant

Ionic is some good shit, ran it in Ebb & Flow Bucktes/Tables and DWC.
Don't see why it wouldn't be good in a UC. I'll be finding out soon for myself!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Ionic Bloom is great stuff. The guys here in town make and distribute the stuff in the USA. Every time I've ran it, my grows had no problems and great results. Like a lot of 1-part nutrients, its dilution rate is a little higher than a 2-part. You will use 4 tablespoons per gallon, which is 60ml/gal for full strength. The advantage to this is in DWC, you usually run 1/2 strength from what I've seen, so you would use a 30ml/gal dilution rate to achieve around a 1.2 ec. Any little few ml that you are off when measuring wont have disastrous results, and the root burn when pouring in your nutes in the UC would be harder to have happen. Just make sure you buy enough nutrient if you plan on changing your tanks out every week.

I've never adjusted the PH with Ionic if that says anything? Its always at 5.7-5.9. I think I'm talking myself into going back as I remember. All these bottles with fancy labels and long "derived from" lists have mesmerized me for long enough.

Thats 4 teaspoons (20ml/gal) per gallon, not 4 tablespoons........

U

ugmjfarmer

Thats 4 teaspoons (20ml/gal) per gallon, not 4 tablespoons........

Crap.. Its cheaper than I thought. When I ran it I was using Liters and I seemed to burn through them too quick. I barely used any of the boost, I gave it to my buddy who will not switch from Ionic and used it up for me.

M

Mr.

When I spoke with Daniel at UC about a year ago I told him I was considering running AN nutes and he recommended Ionic over AN for this system. He also said that he knows that some people slam GH nutes but he said GH is another good nute to run in the system.

S

strawD

i use ionic. been LOVING the grow in my homemade aero system. since i switched to bloom/uc, I go the hardwater version cause i'm using tap water. it turns out, the HW is for tap water over 300ppm and mine is like 120 unfiltered, (chlorinated) and 90 filtered. I figured the HW compensates for extra calmag in the water, since mine doesnt have enough, i add some calmag. Ph keeps going to 6.0 or 6.1. Need to decide whether to get a holding tank to let the water dechlor so i dont have to use the filter/calmag, or switch to the regular bloom. They like the boost after week 2 flower. The grow for me was SO PH STABLE i literally didnt have to adjust at all for 3 weeks between 5.7 and 5.9 just add water and nutes as they drink it.

M

Mr.Detroit

Ionic nutes suck balls... they couldn't stand next to H & G with a set of 10 foot stilts...

M

Mr.Detroit

hahah

nice..... care to elaborate on your experience

Sure... I helped this douche at the grow shop set his room up just like mine... he ran Ionic and I ran botanicare on the same white russian. His end result tasted shitty and wasn't even close to the pbp. This guy is a good grower btw. Conclusion is Ionic sucks fat balls and botanicare pbp cant touch h&g with a 10 foot pole. Do yourself a favor and go h&g or canna.

S

strawD

so far the growth is amazing. i havent finished any yet so i cant comment on taste yet. I have some greenfuse bloom (high quality organic) that i'll be using during the last 2 weeks. we'll see.

F

fletchman

Sure... I helped this douche at the grow shop set his room up just like mine... he ran Ionic and I ran botanicare on the same white russian. His end result tasted shitty and wasn't even close to the pbp. This guy is a good grower btw. Conclusion is Ionic sucks fat balls and botanicare pbp cant touch h&g with a 10 foot pole. Do yourself a favor and go h&g or canna.

Well, tell Heath and his 76 ounce tree that Ionic sucks balls, maybe he knows the secret? 1.2 EC?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181239

4.D.

Well, tell Heath and his 76 ounce tree that Ionic sucks balls, maybe he knows the secret? 1.2 EC?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181239

was waiting for this, lol, heath uses canna as well.

Ionic is fool proof and as ph stable as they come. H n G is good as well but the price compared to Ionic.......
Heath is well known for his hydro grows that are over 1 gram per watt (some over 2gpw!!!), no chiller, no ac, no co2, no reflectors, no complaints.

Top Bottom