Irie Lemon Sunrise, Storm Front; Mosca Pink Lemonade; Santero Killer Cookies keeper search

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hello all,

I'm about 4 weeks into flower on a seed run, in search of keepers. For me, anything high potency or unusual in some interesting way constitutes a keeper. I'm particularly looking for a more old school sativa buzz, that comes complete with some energy, out-of-the-box thinking, and if a newbie smoked it, potential for a paranoid episode.

An online acquaintance on another grow site recommended I look into Irie. I've never grown an Irie strain, but this acquaintance has never steered me wrong in the 10 years I've known him.

I also got a pack of freebies from Santero, who crossed the GSC cut with a Killer Queen male. I have never grown a GSC cross before (nor a Killer Queen, for that matter).

In addition, I cracked a 5-pack from Mosca of a 50/50 hybrid strain called Pink Lemonade, which is a cross of Lemon G x Pink 2.0. I bought this strain in 2017 at a medical Cannabis event, before I had a med card. There was some wrist band exchanging and next thing you know, I'm in. Each booth was offering free dabs, so within half an hour, I'm stoned as fuck, buying seeds at a time I had no place to grow them, and wouldn't for another year and a half! Apparently I'm open to suggestion under the influence of free dabs.

I'll leave the story of searching for my car for another time. But this is also my first grow of a Mosca cross.

One more plant in there is a cut from my last grow, which is Peyote Pancake from Koma Creations. It's a high potency indica dom, which is lights out for me. I have it for insomnia situations

The grow is in a 5' x 5' tent with a 1000 watt, single end bulb. Currently it's under an MH, which will be changed to an HPS in another day or two, when I visit the local grow shop. I use a typical organic soil grow, in Pro-mix + worm castings + org. nutes + dolomite. I also tossed in some beneficial nematodes, because I was having a fungus gnat problem.

So anyway, the final tally of girls:

Lemon Sunrise: 3

Storm Front: 2

Killer Cookies: 4

Pink Lemonade: 2

Peyote Pancake clone: 1

Rather than dig the veg pics out, I'll just start with 3+ weeks of flower. If anyone is really interested in earlier growth, I'll post 'em.

The last group shot I took was at 2+ weeks into flower. I tend to veg about 5 weeks or so for seeds, so that I can sex them before the final transplant, so they're somewhat tall.
IMG_6016.jpeg

At the end of stretch, some are about at the top of those black zipper seams on the side walls.

This is Lemon Sunrise, from above, when I was raising the light, at about 3 weeks into flower. They are vigorous growers, but I can tell the stems will be floppy and need serious support when they have buds of the size expected. They are the most sativa-leaning plants in the grow, and the weakest stemmed specimens.
IMG_6018.jpeg

A closer look, about a week later:
IMG_6032.jpeg

The three LS girls look similar, but one has a sweet lemon scent, the other two have a Lemon Pledge scent. If that holds, there could be a difference in effects. For me, a lemon pledge scent usually means I'll like the buzz a little more. This one is the sweeter scented plant.

Most of the tops you see in this pic are the two Storm Front girls. Her scents are just starting to develop into a stinky-foot/fuel/natural gas scent. We'll see how they develop further.
IMG_6017.jpeg

From the side:

There seems to be only one pheno of Storm Front, structurally. Maybe there will be differences in scent.
IMG_6033.jpeg

Pink Lemonade has two phenos, a short one and a tall one. The short one has better developed scents, which are sweet lemon with something else developing in the background. The tall one looks like it could have somewhat more sativa-ish colas in the end. The short one is first:
IMG_6025.jpeg

IMG_6026.jpeg

Killer Cookies has two phenos — a short one that I am told is Killer Queen Dominant, with fruity scents, and a tall one that I'm told is GSC dominant, with a minty scent. Both have a serious amount of trich coverage on large fan leaves, even before the 4th week. The short one:
IMG_6028.jpeg

The short one also is a lighter color green. The tall one is a dark green. This is a tall one, with my fingers on one of the places I crushed a stem to slow down vertical grown:
IMG_6029.jpeg

This is an earlier shot of the short one, where you can see the trich coverage on the fans:
IMG_6024.jpeg

And I might as well toss in a pic of the Peyote Pancake clone. She'd be jealous, otherwise:
IMG_6031.jpeg

That's about it. I flipped to 12/12 on August 2, so October looks like I'll be in trimming hell. The Peyote Pancake clone already has pistils turning pink and then red (only plant doing that, so I don't think there's a hermie responsible).

As sights and scents develop, I'll post more.

Irie lemon sunrise storm front mosca pink lemonade santero killer cookies keeper search 3
Irie lemon sunrise storm front mosca pink lemonade santero killer cookies keeper search 6
Irie lemon sunrise storm front mosca pink lemonade santero killer cookies keeper search 7
Irie lemon sunrise storm front mosca pink lemonade santero killer cookies keeper search 11
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hello all,

I'm about 4 weeks into flower on a seed run, in search of keepers. For me, anything high potency or unusual in some interesting way constitutes a keeper. I'm particularly looking for a more old school sativa buzz, that comes complete with some energy, out-of-the-box thinking, and if a newbie smoked it, potential for a paranoid episode.

An online acquaintance on another grow site recommended I look into Irie. I've never grown an Irie strain, but this acquaintance has never steered me wrong in the 10 years I've known him.

I also got a pack of freebies from Santero, who crossed the GSC cut with a Killer Queen male. I have never grown a GSC cross before (nor a Killer Queen, for that matter).

In addition, I cracked a 5-pack from Mosca of a 50/50 hybrid strain called Pink Lemonade, which is a cross of Lemon G x Pink 2.0. I bought this strain in 2017 at a medical Cannabis event, before I had a med card. There was some wrist band exchanging and next thing you know, I'm in. Each booth was offering free dabs, so within half an hour, I'm stoned as fuck, buying seeds at a time I had no place to grow them, and wouldn't for another year and a half! Apparently I'm open to suggestion under the influence of free dabs.

I'll leave the story of searching for my car for another time. But this is also my first grow of a Mosca cross.

One more plant in there is a cut from my last grow, which is Peyote Pancake from Koma Creations. It's a high potency indica dom, which is lights out for me. I have it for insomnia situations

The grow is in a 5' x 5' tent with a 1000 watt, single end bulb. Currently it's under an MH, which will be changed to an HPS in another day or two, when I visit the local grow shop. I use a typical organic soil grow, in Pro-mix + worm castings + org. nutes + dolomite. I also tossed in some beneficial nematodes, because I was having a fungus gnat problem.

So anyway, the final tally of girls:

Lemon Sunrise: 3

Storm Front: 2

Killer Cookies: 4

Pink Lemonade: 2

Peyote Pancake clone: 1

Rather than dig the veg pics out, I'll just start with 3+ weeks of flower. If anyone is really interested in earlier growth, I'll post 'em.

The last group shot I took was at 2+ weeks into flower. I tend to veg about 5 weeks or so for seeds, so that I can sex them before the final transplant, so they're somewhat tall.
View attachment 1024767
At the end of stretch, some are about at the top of those black zipper seams on the side walls.

This is Lemon Sunrise, from above, when I was raising the light, at about 3 weeks into flower. They are vigorous growers, but I can tell the stems will be floppy and need serious support when they have buds of the size expected. They are the most sativa-leaning plants in the grow, and the weakest stemmed specimens.
View attachment 1024769
A closer look, about a week later:
View attachment 1024772
The three LS girls look similar, but one has a sweet lemon scent, the other two have a Lemon Pledge scent. If that holds, there could be a difference in effects. For me, a lemon pledge scent usually means I'll like the buzz a little more. This one is the sweeter scented plant.

Most of the tops you see in this pic are the two Storm Front girls. Her scents are just starting to develop into a stinky-foot/fuel/natural gas scent. We'll see how they develop further.
View attachment 1024773
From the side:

There seems to be only one pheno of Storm Front, structurally. Maybe there will be differences in scent.
View attachment 1024777
Pink Lemonade has two phenos, a short one and a tall one. The short one has better developed scents, which are sweet lemon with something else developing in the background. The tall one looks like it could have somewhat more sativa-ish colas in the end. The short one is first:
View attachment 1024779
View attachment 1024780

Killer Cookies has two phenos — a short one that I am told is Killer Queen Dominant, with fruity scents, and a tall one that I'm told is GSC dominant, with a minty scent. Both have a serious amount of trich coverage on large fan leaves, even before the 4th week. The short one:
View attachment 1024782
The short one also is a lighter color green. The tall one is a dark green. This is a tall one, with my fingers on one of the places I crushed a stem to slow down vertical grown:
View attachment 1024783
This is an earlier shot of the short one, where you can see the trich coverage on the fans:
View attachment 1024784

And I might as well toss in a pic of the Peyote Pancake clone. She'd be jealous, otherwise:
View attachment 1024785

That's about it. I flipped to 12/12 on August 2, so October looks like I'll be in trimming hell. The Peyote Pancake clone already has pistils turning pink and then red (only plant doing that, so I don't think there's a hermie responsible).

As sights and scents develop, I'll post more.
Looks really good! There is another irie grow going on here. You can probably find it.

Have you checked out Ace or Authentic Genetics for old school sativa vibes? Both look to have some really killer stuff. I'm growing some ace gear now and I have agseedco stuff in the way. The actual original Colombian haze from Sam the Skunkman sounds pretty old school to me....and ace has some crazy landrace stuff they have bred into something usable for a hobbyist.

Happy grows!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looks really good! There is another irie grow going on here. You can probably find it.

Have you checked out Ace or Authentic Genetics for old school sativa vibes? Both look to have some really killer stuff. I'm growing some ace gear now and I have agseedco stuff in the way. The actual original Colombian haze from Sam the Skunkman sounds pretty old school to me....and ace has some crazy landrace stuff they have bred into something usable for a hobbyist.

Happy grows!

I've been reading @sshz posts on Orangegasm. I've seen him on other boards. Generally has good advice, from what I've seen.

No, I have not grown anything from those breeders. Thanks for the advice.

It seems like most sativas available today have been tamed. Not that I don't like them — they're great mood elevators. But I also like being near the edge of crazy.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've been reading @sshz posts on Orangegasm. I've seen him on other boards. Generally has good advice, from what I've seen.

No, I have not grown anything from those breeders. Thanks for the advice.

It seems like most sativas available today have been tamed. Not that I don't like them — they're great mood elevators. But I also like being near the edge of crazy.
Oh I just meant like not herming, flowering times under four months, etc.

For crazy I think Irie is a good shout. He does a podcast if you want to listen to him....some good nuggets in between a lot of stoner banter. It's called grow from your heart.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've heard a few episodes. There are some good nuggets in there. In fact, one of his podcasts got me to do more defoliating than I did before.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A few pics of the gals at 4 weeks, 5 days. All is going well. My fungus gnat population has plunged, thanks to some beneficial nematodes.
Here's the group shot. The sexy silhouette up front is a Killer Cookies gal who was in the center of the tent, but her leaves started to taco. I'll try to get the light another few inches up there, but it's close to the limit.
IMG 6038

On the right side of the tent, in front, are the Pink Lemonade gals. This is the short pheno:
IMG 6039

Lots of interesting fruity scents — a complex terp profile for sure. Her tall sister is mostly lemony, though:
IMG 6040

Killer Cookies is looking droolworthy. As mentioned in my first post, this is the first time I've grown a GSC cross, and I am just amazed at the trich coverage all over fan leaves and petioles. This is the short, Killer Queen dominant pheno. She's fruity scented, with maybe a touch of the GSC mint. She's also apple green, while the tall GSC leaners are dark green (though one is a little in between, color-wise)
IMG 6044

This is one of the tall, GSC girls. The dominant scent, at this point, is minty.
IMG 6043

These are the two Storm Front gals. There's a lot going on, terp-wise. A few days ago I was all excited because I got a pine scent off one. Now it's pine + all sorts of other stuff that I haven't sorted out. The Irie strains also have trichs all over fan leaves and petioles.
IMG 6046

IMG 6047

These are the more willowy-growing (somewhat flimsy stems — not brittle, but bendy and I can tell they'll be flopping all over the place. They all look similar, but they still have two different lemon scents, a sweet one and a lemon pledge one. Here's a pledge:
IMG 6048

And the sweety:
IMG 6050

And there's also the Peyote Pancake clone, chugging along toward completion. The plant this came from went 10.5 weeks. The clone is definitely going to finish earlier. Not as impressive, trich-wise, as the others, but this girl knocks me the fuck out. I'll have to have it tested sometime.
IMG 6051

I have GOT to get to the grow shop and get an HPS bulb today.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I took a few pics of the Irie strains (Storm Front and Lemon Sunrise) yesterday, which is 6 weeks, 5 days into flower. The cola just right of center and the bud just left of center are storm front. Most of the rest are Lemon Sunrise, though you can probably pick out some smaller SF buds in there.
IMG 6088

I think this is the same SF from a different angle.
IMG 6097

The other one is quite similar, except she looks like she'll finish about a week sooner. These are supposed to be 9-10 week plants.

Structurally, they have strong stems. I don't know if they'll need support. We'll soon see. Buds appear to be the nice, dense buds that we all prefer (and by "we all," I of course mean ME). The scent is a mix of citrus, pine, fruit, fuel, armpit and maybe a touch of cat piss. One of them definitely has a stronger citrus scent to it, but otherwise the mix is similar. This is the other one, which seems to be maturing a big faster:
IMG 6098

IMG 6099 CU

The Lemon Sunrise plants are structurally more sativa-like, with light, bendy, willowy stems. I already have some branches staked up. The buds are a bit more airy.
IMG 6091

IMG 6092

IMG 6096

IMG 6093 CU

The scent has a range of lemon-dominated scents. One started out as a sweet lemon scent, recently there has been a touch of funkiness that's been coming in. The other two have more of a Lemon Pledge scent, a bit reminiscent of Reeferman's Love Potion #1, if you've ever tried that, back about 12-15 years ago. But there is more to it that. You can definitely get the idea of the scents the Arise father had on these two Irie strains. There is a bit of arm pit/cat piss, stink-foot going on in there. I plan on growing out Arise in the near future. I'm guessing the tent will smell like an old garage, filled with dirty laundry that's been peed on by a cat.

The other things I'm growing are also doing well, but I'll probably concentrate on these Irie strains here, because PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY GET those seeds pretty easily, at least in the US. The Killer Cookies were freebies, the Pink Lemonade was one of those "limited edition" crosses and the Koma Creations guy who made Peyote Pancake seems to be MIA. That's a shame, because Peyote Pancake is one powerful indica.

I do have to include this next pic, though, of a Killer Cookies gal. She's definitely the frost queen of this grow. It was taken about about 6 weeks. This is the first GSC cross I've grown. I can see why people lost their shit about this strain. I'm pretty sure the frost all over the fan leaves is a GSC thing.

IMG 6073

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I went down to my grow this morning, expecting to chop a couple of plants, and two that didn't look ready a few days ago are suddenly ready. Two of my three Lemon Sunrise gals are now hanging.

Here's the first one, in front of The Backdrop Of Death. Because I'm too cheap to transplant potential males into final pots, I always wait until I can identify female preflowers, so she's a bit taller and leggier than she'll be if I grow her again from clone.
IMG 6135

This one smells like Lemon Pledge. If any of you ever grew out Reeferman's Love Potion #1, back about 10-15 years ago, it smells a lot like that. This plant may not be pretty, but the buds are plenty pretty:
IMG 6136

IMG 6137

IMG 6138 cu

The next one often depended on the kindness of strangers for physical support. She was way in the back of the tent, and when I took her out, she looked like this:
IMG 6139

Yes, this is a strain that needs a bit more support than typical.

This one has a bit of the Lemon Pledge scent, as well, but the "pledge" part (a chemical scent) is not as pronounced as in the previous plant. There's other citrus terps in there, as well.

Ugly plant, but she sure has purty buds:
IMG 6140 cu

IMG 6141 cu

IMG 6142

That's the show for now. I took an advanced taste of one of these plants (might be the one still growing) and it seems like the strain shows extreme promise — high flying, clear-headed, intense and potent. But we'll see. I'm sometimes overly optimistic.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Another plant chopped. This is a Storm Front girl, seen here in front of the Backdrop of Death.
IMG 6146

The scent is now fruity with pine and fuel undertones.

This plant didn't need any support until late in flowering, at which point the whole plant started leaning.
IMG 6149 cu

Sorry for the shaky pic!

A couple of side and lower buds:
IMG 6151 cu

IMG 6152 cu

I took an advanced taste of this plant when it was at about week 8 (it was chopped at 9 weeks, 4 days). It seems pretty potent. I'm not sure how much of the "up" effect will remain, now that it's mature, but I hope a bit does.

It's sort of like an old school sativa dom, with some energy and maybe the potential for a newbie to have some minor paranoia effects. It would be great for parties, a pick-me-up, social situations, creative sessions for whatever art you might practice, yakking (and yakking some more). It would be an unfortunate choice as a sleep aid. I'll do a full smoke report when the time comes.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I mostly dried and trimmed the other Storm Front girl, with an odd result. Her scent is orange/citrus, which is not one of the scents in the strain description. I'm wondering if an orange-scented strain seed got into my pack, like Orange-gasm or Sunkiss. This one also has a significantly higher yield than the other Storm Front.

Not that I'm complaining. I only whine when I discover I've been nurturing plants that turn out to be shit. I have a pack of Sunkiss, so I'll find out when I pop them if this girl was in the wrong pack.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I mostly dried and trimmed the other Storm Front girl, with an odd result. Her scent is orange/citrus, which is not one of the scents in the strain description. I'm wondering if an orange-scented strain seed got into my pack, like Orange-gasm or Sunkiss. This one also has a significantly higher yield than the other Storm Front.

Not that I'm complaining. I only whine when I discover I've been nurturing plants that turn out to be shit. I have a pack of Sunkiss, so I'll find out when I pop them if this girl was in the wrong pack.
Tbh, I don't think Irie focuses on stability very much, so I'm not surprised you see some differences. RJ's philosophy seems to be "it will still end up tasty and powerful, so people won't be mad at the end of the day even though phenos are all over the place." Which.....depends what you want I guess.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Tbh, I don't think Irie focuses on stability very much, so I'm not surprised you see some differences. RJ's philosophy seems to be "it will still end up tasty and powerful, so people won't be mad at the end of the day even though phenos are all over the place." Which.....depends what you want I guess.

Poly-hybrids can have phenos all over the place. I like pheno hunts, so I have no problem there. But sometimes there are loser plants in crosses like that. A grower who can only grow a couple of plants at a time or someone who only germs one or two seeds per pack can end up with crap and write off the breeder.

I haven't run into that with Irie, but I could see some Dynasty strains causing problems like that. Out of a ten pack of Pineapple Fields, I got 6 girls — 2 really nice keepers, 2 that were good but didn't float my boat, and two that absolutely sucked. What if I germed one or two seeds and got the two that sucked?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Poly-hybrids can have phenos all over the place. I like pheno hunts, so I have no problem there. But sometimes there are loser plants in crosses like that. A grower who can only grow a couple of plants at a time or someone who only germs one or two seeds per pack can end up with crap and write off the breeder.

I haven't run into that with Irie, but I could see some Dynasty strains causing problems like that. Out of a ten pack of Pineapple Fields, I got 6 girls — 2 really nice keepers, 2 that were good but didn't float my boat, and two that absolutely sucked. What if I germed one or two seeds and got the two that sucked?
Totally agree. I think it's a real point of concern with breeders who are not stabilizing their stuff. As a person who only does one seed per strain per grow (so far), it's a big thing to look for!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Totally agree. I think it's a real point of concern with breeders who are not stabilizing their stuff. As a person who only does one seed per strain per grow (so far), it's a big thing to look for!
You're exactly the kind of person who shouldn't grow Pineapple Fields from seed.

I have to say though — Irie's lemon sunrise gave me 3 girls from a 5 pack, and each is so uniformly potent, I'm going to have a tough time splitting hairs to decide which I'm going to keep. You'd be safe with that one.

Top Bottom