• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

sshz

sshz

Arise X BlueBerry Cookies, which breaks down like this:

(Golden Goat X Daybreaker) x (Girl Scout Cookies X Blue Tahoe)

The breeders description:

Bebop
(Arise X Blueberry Cookies)

Bebop plants grow quickly into a tall Christmas tree shape with slightly stretchy branching. Bebop can double in size before harvest so be prepared for tall plants with heavy buds. Bebop grows well topped and spread into a bush or in a trellis. Bebop can take moderately heavy feedings and responds well to kelp products. Bebop packs on weight and potency in the last two weeks of flower so be patient. Expect Sweet Skunk Blueberry aromas!

Flowering Time: 56-63 Days
Yield: Heavy Harvests
Potency: 25-30% THC-A
Effects: Uplifting, Creative, Strong Head Buzz
Flavors and Aromas: Skunky Blueberry Candy

Available in feminized seeds only

sshz

sshz

One of the nice things about Irie Seeds is they seem to put 8 seeds in packs, instead of the expected 7 seeds. This enables me to give a few extra away so the Sweet Zombie yield contest winner will get a few as will Dr. Green55, who I promised a few to try.

This strain is mostly sativa, and probably fairly similar to the Orange Gasm is many ways except it leans to the berry side rather than the oranges and tangerine. The Orange Gasm was so well received, people absolutely loved it and I'm hoping this ends up with similar results. But in the end, I got 106 oz yield from the Gasm grow, my first ever grow with LED's. I'm hoping now, with 2 grows under my belt- I can solve the low height issues and in the have the end a better height to yield even more.

2.3 GPW I think generally is at the high end of the yield spectrum, many I think wouldn't think that's even possible. My goal with this grow would be to increase that about 10%, another 10 oz or so and raise the GPW to 2.5. Might not be possible, I'm not really sure but that's my goal with this grow.

If you've been following along, defoliation has been a major theme in both my grows and I think by raising the LED height thru the veg period, and doing better job of timing out the defoliations, the sky is the limit. The Sweet Zombie grow has about 10-12 days before the chop so most posting will continue over there, then we'll move over here as I build the room up by adding the LED Master Controller, and make a few other changes to improve the grow.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice, following along. I have to say im slowly being convinced that properly timed defoliation is the key to massive yields. It flies in the face of most everything ive read about leaves being solar panels or energy factories etc. But my buddy strips off every dam leaf in 2 aggressive schwazzing sessions at flip and again at day 21 of flower, and he is creeping up on 4 pounds per light using a mix of fluence LED and 1000w DE HPS in batwings. And his buds are very tight, dense and frosty, not what I would expect from defoliated buds.
Hes growing in Coco using foliage pro, Dynagro bloom and mag pro fwiw.

Its almost the opposite of how i prune now. He leaves every single branch and budsite on the plant, and pulls off every leaf at flip. Wheras i remove all lower budsites and smaller branches, and leave most of the leaves on. But without question he outyields me by a factor of 2:1 or better. This is his wedding crasher. And its amazeballs to smoke.
20200425 132502

Anthem

Anthem

Nice, following along. I have to say im slowly being convinced that properly timed defoliation is the key to massive yields. It flies in the face of most everything ive read about leaves being solar panels or energy factories etc. But my buddy strips off every dam leaf in 2 aggressive schwazzing sessions at flip and again at day 21 of flower, and he is creeping up on 4 pounds per light using a mix of fluence LED and 1000w DE HPS in batwings. And his buds are very tight, dense and frosty, not what I would expect from defoliated buds.
Hes growing in Coco using foliage pro, Dynagro bloom and mag pro fwiw.

Its almost the opposite of how i prune now. He leaves every single branch and budsite on the plant, and pulls off every leaf at flip. Wheras i remove all lower budsites and smaller branches, and leave most of the leaves on. But without question he outyields me by a factor of 2:1 or better. This is his wedding crasher. And its amazeballs to smoke.View attachment 1071442
That is some dense nice bud!!!!!!!

sshz

sshz

Here, I'll talk about some things I do to get the room ready for the next crop. One thing I always do is clean my pots well, but I do it a bit differently than most. I used to hose them down, and spray them top to bottom with a bug/mite killer of some sort. It was only semi-effective, and when I was fighting mites, they always seemed to come back in early flowering. The pots just didn't get as clean as I wanted them.

These days I found something more effective. In my master bathroom, I have a large sunken tub. I fill the tub with very hot water and place all the pots in the tub and let them sit (drown) in the water for an hour or two. This not only kills the bugs and any eggs, but also cleans the pots really well of all the dried fertilizer crusties that build up around the water line inside the pots. When the water cools, I then rinse them again in the tub really well with hot water and let them dry overnight.

Then I wipe everything down in the room- lights, walls, exhaust system, etc while pulling out the tarp on the floor and vacuming everywhere, but especially in the corners. Then I either set off a bug bomb or spray the room down with something like PureCrop1 or one of the citrus bug cleaners like Dr. Zymes Eliminator (see Orange Gasm thread). I always use a new tarp on the floor each crop so the old one gets thrown out, not reused. This time I'll have to staple some areas of the wall reflector plastic too as it's loose in a few areas too.

Past that, I'll thoroughly clean the water reservoir, and the dehumidifer tank along with a thorough vacuming outside around the room. Spend the time to do all this, and you'll be far better off fighting any possible nasties that happen to be hiding.........

sshz

sshz

Other things I forgot to mentions that get done during my down time:

1. Clean and oil all the fans

2. Check for light leaks

3. Check the support hooks and light support cords

4. Check all the electrical plugs for burn marks or other issues

That should pretty much cover it now......... other than thanks to the wife who let's me grow without too much hassle.

sshz

sshz

So, time to think about what changes I'll make this grow and here's the list:

1. a lighter overall defoliation just before flowering

2. Raise the veg height of the LED to 4 ft. from 3 ft.

3. HP Promix instead of BX Promix

4. a electric Gnat Zapper will be added in veg

5. a Phresh Filter will be added to help control smell

Passed these, not much else comes to mind.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Other things I forgot to mentions that get done during my down time:

1. Clean and oil all the fans

2. Check for light leaks

3. Check the support hooks and light support cords

4. Check all the electrical plugs for burn marks or other issues

That should pretty much cover it now......... other than thanks to the wife who let's me grow without too much hassle.
Catchin up here - luv the last line I need to thank my wife as well ! Great reminder

sshz

sshz

I'm still on the fence about what height I'm going to hang the lights............ I think I'll start them at 6 inches above where I have been- so 36 inches moves to 42 inches initially. Then we'll go from, depending on how the plants look to me. Flowing will definitely remain at 18-20 inches, vegging is the big question mark.

sshz

sshz

Seeds will be placed in the pots tomorrow, and I started watering the pots to get them ready. Lights are placed at 42 inches and the magic begins. LOL The person I spoke to that grew this out mentioned "bubble gum" flavor over and over when we spoke. Irie Seeds specialty is sativa's (or mostly sativa) strains that yield well and offer great flavor. This is right up Rasta Jeff's alley.......... I'm allocating 4 weeks veg, and 11 weeks of flowering time.

sshz

sshz

I'm back thinking about defoliation again.......... when, how much, where??????? As long as I'm hitting 100 oz, I feel I shouldn't play much with the method much, so I'll be doing some defoliation in this grow. I definitely want to lollipop too, just to make watering easier. I also plan to top these once or twice, depending on how quick they grow- probably during week 3.

sshz

sshz

Even though I had 100% sprouting, I'm not impressed with the vitality of the seeds so far. I've literally had to remove the seed cover from just about every sprout and they just aren't showing me much. I'll give them another day or two, and if things don't improve- I may rip them all out and start the "Candy Store" by Ethos instead. The seeds appeared slightly immature when i got them- small, a lot of white, etc. so I'm not surprised by what I'm seeing....... so this thread may die and I'll start another with the Ethos strain sooner rather than later.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Even though I had 100% sprouting, I'm not impressed with the vitality of the seeds so far. I've literally had to remove the seed cover from just about every sprout and they just aren't showing me much. I'll give them another day or two, and if things don't improve- I may rip them all out and start the "Candy Store" by Ethos instead. The seeds appeared slightly immature when i got them- small, a lot of white, etc. so I'm not surprised by what I'm seeing....... so this thread may die and I'll start another with the Ethos strain sooner rather than later.
Had this happen with my Cheese plant. She ended up being fine smoke, but was always small.

Being more picky about which seeds i plant going forward after that.

Hopefully they sort themselves out.

sshz

sshz

Time will tell.......... 24 more hours and I'll decide one way or another. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom