Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

Tonight I was doing some research regarding all the purple stems I'm seeing on the plants. Numerous places (and I mean many) assume right away it's a Mg deficiency. The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts for a few watering until it improves.

I might have left it at that, if I wasn't already supplementing the room with a high quality Cal/Mg, a trusted brand for over 50 grows. I can't say I've ever seen so many stems in this condition. After further research, I found this:

"Is it normal to see purple streaks on the stems / petioles?

No, LED lights do not cause any kind of nutrient deficiency; purple streaks on stems and petioles are a normal response to exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light.

A rumor was started that LED lights cause magnesium deficiency when people noticed that some plants develop purple petioles (leaf stalks) or streaks on the stems under LED lights, but not under HPS lights. While purple coloration on stems and petioles can be one of the signs of magnesium deficiency in plants, it is also a sign that the plant is producing natural purple pigments (anthocyanin) in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many artificial lights (including HPS and most LEDs) don't give off UV light, so plants grown under these lights don't produce this natural pigmentation. Under these UV-lacking lights, purple coloration is often a sign of magnesium deficiency. However, when grown under UV-containing lights or natural sunlight, plants will produce their full range of natural pigmentation-- it is not necessarily a sign of a nutrient deficiency.

The major symptom of magnesium deficiency is usually yellowing, blotchy-looking (chlorotic) leaves, accompanied by purple stems and petioles. When growing under LED grow lights, unless the leaves are chlorotic, purple stems and petioles are not a sign of a magnesium deficiency-- they are a sign of a happy, healthy plant."

So, I'm glad I did more research. The Gavita's provide an ample amount of UV, and this is exactly what's going on. Life is good........ LOL.

Tonight I was doing some research regarding all the purple stems I'm seeing on the plants. Numerous places (and I mean many) assume right away it's a Mg deficiency. The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts for a few watering until it improves.

I might have left it at that, if I wasn't already supplementing the room with a high quality Cal/Mg, a trusted brand for over 50 grows. I can't say I've ever seen so many stems in this condition. After further research, I found this:

"Is it normal to see purple streaks on the stems / petioles?

No, LED lights do not cause any kind of nutrient deficiency; purple streaks on stems and petioles are a normal response to exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light.

A rumor was started that LED lights cause magnesium deficiency when people noticed that some plants develop purple petioles (leaf stalks) or streaks on the stems under LED lights, but not under HPS lights. While purple coloration on stems and petioles can be one of the signs of magnesium deficiency in plants, it is also a sign that the plant is producing natural purple pigments (anthocyanin) in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many artificial lights (including HPS and most LEDs) don't give off UV light, so plants grown under these lights don't produce this natural pigmentation. Under these UV-lacking lights, purple coloration is often a sign of magnesium deficiency. However, when grown under UV-containing lights or natural sunlight, plants will produce their full range of natural pigmentation-- it is not necessarily a sign of a nutrient deficiency.

The major symptom of magnesium deficiency is usually yellowing, blotchy-looking (chlorotic) leaves, accompanied by purple stems and petioles. When growing under LED grow lights, unless the leaves are chlorotic, purple stems and petioles are not a sign of a magnesium deficiency-- they are a sign of a happy, healthy plant."

So, I'm glad I did more research. The Gavita's provide an ample amount of UV, and this is exactly what's going on. Life is good........ LOL.

Purple is usually phosphorous and often caused by too much mag or calcium.

Or like you said brought out by full spectrum lighting. Plants under my 315 cmh are always more colorful wih purple and yellows than my hps.

Full spectrum led seems to do this too.

Bruce bugby is maybe the top expert in this field and only mentions that all nutrients may need to be increased in ratio 2-1-2 is best for cannabis from his tests for high intensity led lighting.

Also the top lights maxed out require co2 they are so high in daily light output.

I also asked Gavita about light height, which really about spacing in the room. My actual question was about proper height of the Led’s For flowering. Here’s their reply:

“We appreciate your interest in Gavita.

With the 1700e, 120x120cm is actually already occupied, so you cannot use them closer together. In a space of 5m wide, max. 3 can be placed next to each other. You just have to divide it equally.
If it is a space of 5x5m, then you need 3x3.

With the 1700e fixture, in principle, 120x120cm to 150x150cm is a great size to bloom with. The height is at least 60cm away for good distribution, perhaps a bit higher at 150x150. In general, I recommend 130x130 to 140x140 per fixture as a guideline.”

So it appears 18-20 inches is about right.........I’m thinking 18 inches in a 4x4 room and 20 inches in a 5x5 room.

They look superb mate..i can actually see now how you have grown your plants..i didnt have the faintest how many steps,branches were there and now i see..they look very robust.hows the humidity when lights are off and what are you using to control that.spose its sitting around 50-60 deg and no humidifier needed..ive been looking at an temp and humidity controller to use im my room ..i bought an sms.com fan controller with sensor over the net and the bloody thing doesnt actually stop lol .was going to put extraction fan on timer but then wont have a sensor..been a big learning curve for me first up but watching your grow you make it look easy ha..
Try the viviosun fans. They have great reviews. I'm thinking about buying one very soon