Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My first grow under LED's, not second................... and wow, some of the guesses are surprising. In my mind, anything over 72 oz (3 oz per plant) is nuts.

Honestly i used an approximation of the dreaded gram per watt and i used 1.5 gpw and guessed around there.

You do higher than that and i will never doubt led’s are better again.

sshz

sshz

Made an account just to show some love. Been looking for something like this. Reminds me ofagent orange/tangelope/tangie. All sativas. Good shit tho man!

Since you joined to show some love- I'll let you in the contest with a guess!!!!!

Moshmen

Moshmen

My first grow under LED's, not second................... and wow, some of the guesses are surprising. In my mind, anything over 72 oz (3 oz per plant) is nuts.
I get 2-3 zips off each auto plant in less space and I don’t have near the gear you got so I won’t be surprised at all!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Honestly i used an approximation of the dreaded gram per watt and i used 1.5 gpw and guessed around there.

You do higher than that and i will never doubt led’s are better again.
I figured 9g per branch times an average of 10 branches per plant times 24 plants. I just think that looks like a little under three eighths per branch to me.

Then I rounded up.

sshz

sshz

I figured 9g per branch times an average of 10 branches per plant times 24 plants. I just think that looks like a little under three eighths per branch to me.

Then I rounded up.

I tried to do this math earlier today......and the numbers kept coming up too low. 10 branches per plant is about right but I see smaller branches below that are unaccounted for. 9 grams per branch also seems a bit high to me........but who knows. The one thing for sure, the later I chop them, the heavier they'll be. I just read a report last night that basically stated the last 10-12 days or so can add up to 20% more weight if they are fully finished and healthy. So here's my accounting:

10 branches per plant X 9 grams per branch X 24 plants = 66 oz. (which was my guess)

As you guys ponder the lower stuff, my real question is how much more weight does the stiff and hardy branching add to the total. They are like chop sticks- there is no bend to them what so ever. This has to account for something additional as when I trim, if the branch is covered in buds, I won't trim the buds off the branch unless they are too long for packaging.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I tried to do this math earlier today......and the numbers kept coming up too low. 10 branches per plant is about right but I see smaller branches below that are unaccounted for. 9 grams per branch also seems a bit high to me........but who knows. The one thing for sure, the later I chop them, the heavier they'll be. I just read a report last night that basically stated the last 10-12 days or so can add up to 20% more weight if they are fully finished and healthy. So here's my accounting:

10 branches per plant X 9 grams per branch X 24 plants = 66 oz. (which was my guess)

As you guys ponder the lower stuff, my real question is how much more weight does the stiff and hardy branching add to the total. They are like chop sticks- there is no bend to them what so ever. This has to account for something additional as when I trim, if the branch is covered in buds, I won't trim the buds off the branch unless they are too long for packaging.
Hmmm.

So we have 10 branches per plant and 24 plants. 240 branches ish. Times 9 is 2160 grams. Divided by 28 is what I did, but I guess it should be 28.35. that still gets me like 76 though? Am I that high?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just let me know when to send you my address lol. Kidding even if I win I would like to see it go to someone who would run them sooner than later.

sshz

sshz

I guess you can refuse them if you wish.......in that case, the seeds will go to the next closest guess (without going over)........

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, harvesting is double edged to be sure. I like the high from an early plant without any, or hardly any amber trichomes, but it comes at a big cost to overall weight. It seems to me that LED lights also tends to ripen plants at more varying interval, much more so than HPS, (at least my lights do) as the intensity doesn't appear as uniform and allows for continued ripening along the edges of the grow.

The commercial "array" your using probably mitigates that to a great extent.

Once I get the ripe ones out of the way, I usually isolate the stragglers and place them in the center to finish.

When I ran HPS, I usually chopped them all on the same day for the most part.

Since reading though your thread, I've thought about picking up another light of late. Giving this one a close look actually. I won't consider a purchase on an item that doesn't include some IR and UV spectrum.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

A few things about the Gavita's vs. all the other LED, including the above one............

Check the warranty...........Gavita offers an industry leading 5 year warranty, I haven't seen anyone else offer anything above 3 years. The reason they offer a better warranty is because they don't "push" the diodes to the same degree, so they last longer.

Next up is the amount of diodes the lights include. The Gavita has around 3300+, most of the other similar ones have about 1000 less diodes. This is why they don't have to push them hard, the extra amount of diodes makes up for the difference in light.

Lastly, I don't believe the above claim of 3.0 umol/J.........what I've read is many manufacturers overstate that number and it's more likely around 2.8 or so. There is a calculation to figure it out which I don't know, but I see others discussing it......... so make sure you check that out thoroughly.

When I bought the Gavita's, I knew absolutely nothing about LED's. I have grower friends in Colorado, with big buck operations. This was the unit recommended to me, and I just bought them. I didn't ask any questions, I trust them explicitly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A few things about the Gavita's vs. all the other LED, including the above one............

Check the warranty...........Gavita offers an industry leading 5 year warranty, I haven't seen anyone else offer anything above 3 years. The reason they offer a better warranty is because they don't "push" the diodes to the same degree, so they last longer.

Next up is the amount of diodes the lights include. The Gavita has around 3300+, most of the other similar ones have about 1000 less diodes. This is why they don't have to push them hard, the extra amount of diodes makes up for the difference in light.

Lastly, I don't believe the above claim of 3.0 umol/J.........what I've read is many manufacturers overstate that number and it's more likely around 2.8 or so. There is a calculation to figure it out which I don't know, but I see others discussing it......... so make sure you check that out thoroughly.

When I bought the Gavita's, I knew absolutely nothing about LED's. I have grower friends in Colorado, with big buck operations. This was the unit recommended to me, and I just bought them. I didn't ask any questions, I trust them explicitly.
10000000000000000%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom