Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I've used lecithin before, but it had to do with the stomach absorbing it more efficiently........................

See, I told you he was out for the count. He's a light-weight.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've used lecithin before, but it had to do with the stomach absorbing it more efficiently........................
So that will increase the absorption? Maybe I make a weaker batch tomorrow.

lilnew

lilnew

See, I told you he was out for the count. He's a light-weight.
i thought the lecithin is used to stabilize the extract no? mayb i'm wrong

sshz

sshz

It’s used for better absorption, but there can be multiple uses I guess........

A funny story.......... when I was younger, I had made a pan of pot brownies, but used way too much pot and the pot was a Northen Lights hybrid, very strong stuff. I had one, it was difficult to eat as I just cooked it with the pot in the brownie. It was like eating straw. So I wrapped them individually up, and gave the rest of the batch to my brothers college roommate, who was a musician in Philly where I grew up. So he puts them in the freezer, and ends up going out of town and another buddy watched his house and pets for him. So the guy comes home late one night, drunk and hungry. And what does he find in the freezer- Brownies!!!

So he ate either 4 or 5 of them and proceeded to sleep for over two days. My friend comes home, and the guy is still sleeping on his couch. It took him over 2 1/2 days before he could even focus his eyes. We still laugh about it when we’re all together........

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Lecithin is a fat that is essential in the cells of the body. It can be found in many foods, including soybeans and egg yolks. Lecithin is taken as a medicine and is also used in the manufacturing of medicines.

Lecithin is used for treating memory disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is also used for treating gallbladder disease, liver disease, certain types of depression, high cholesterol, anxiety, and a skin disease called eczema.

Some people apply lecithin to the skin as a moisturizer.

You will often see lecithin as a food additive. It is used to keep certain ingredients from separating out.

You may also see lecithin as an ingredient in some eye medicines. It is used to help keep the medicine in contact with the eye’s cornea.

So, we are all probably correct. I know it's used for better absorption, but jeeze- it's like a miracle drug.

lilnew

lilnew

Lecithin is a fat that is essential in the cells of the body. It can be found in many foods, including soybeans and egg yolks. Lecithin is taken as a medicine and is also used in the manufacturing of medicines.

Lecithin is used for treating memory disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is also used for treating gallbladder disease, liver disease, certain types of depression, high cholesterol, anxiety, and a skin disease called eczema.

You will often see lecithin as a food additive. It is used to keep certain ingredients from separating out.

You may also see lecithin as an ingredient in some eye medicines. It is used to help keep the medicine in contact with the eye’s cornea.

So, we are all probably correct. I know it's used for better absorption, but jeeze- it's like a miracle drug.
ya...from wt i understood was that it is use to keep the stuff from separating therefore stabilizing the cana oil for longer periods of time

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol its a perfect match to cannabis... mix the 2 together and it might just cure the largest world problem........ you all can fill in the blank.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That info was the intro to the web md page. The info on the page however says it is ineffective or no supporting info and such.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is what I know............

Choline in lecithin is first broken down in the liver, where it helps to absorb fats. THC is carried with the fat as it's absorbed, thus the process is more efficient.

That is what i thought too but i cant find any evidence except people saying it.

And i wasnt arguing. I found the web md page weird. Said all the things it can help then basically discounted it.

I never added any lecithin to our edibles because of this lack of evidence.

sshz

sshz

So, today is Thursday, which means another flowering week has passed. Week 8 to be exact. That means the majority of the room will be chopped in 14 days........we're getting closer guys. I've identified 3 plants that will not be done in 10 weeks, and I expect to have to go an extra week or so. 2 plants you know about- the 2 Golden Goat leaners, 1 on each side of the room. The other plant looks like nothing else in the room, and i suspect it's a random seed of something else (it looks like a White Widow to me) OR a random spec of pollen hit the Tangie mother. I will show you a video of it tomorrow if I remember.

The early plants looks great, I could take them now (which I normally would have under HPS) but I want to see what extent the resin will pop under the new lights. So, I'm in no rush. There's still some things behind others, I'm just hoping in 14 days enough of it is done, on average, to warrant taking the room down. I really don't want to piece meal it- I just like to go in and take it all down and be done with it. I have a second room ready to go, to finish the 3 late ones under a 600 watt HPS.

When I look at the room- I still see 4 lbs..........I guess I'll need to be convinced before I fully believe otherwise. Things are chunky and getting chunkier (if that's a word?), the small buds down the branches have a nice resin coating and SOME of them are filling out nicely. I've been plucking a leaf here and there, maybe some of the biggest ones or others that are blocking a bud underneath. I'll take a couple videos tomorrow, and I'm curious what all of you think.......

I've raised my pH to 6.4 now, which inhibits a little more nitrogen naturally. No more Cal/Mag from here on out. I've been giving the plants a couple tablespoons of Botanical Tea lately, but have been cutting the ferts back- alternating between 200-250 and 400-450. I'm already seeing some leaf tacoing, which Rasta Jeff said is perfectly normal and to expect it. I'll probably only flush for a week, since I'm watering everyday. And maybe some molasses the last week too.......

I still haven't found anything orange, but the grapefruit/citrus smell is there and it's distinctive. It kind of "twists" your nostrils a bit........maybe a tangy sour better describes it right now. An 8/10 on the smell meter, it's thru the house and on everything including clothes, the dog, luggage, lunch bags, etc. The wife keeps pointing things out as she notices it.

Pic's up at 11AM with lights on..................

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

That is what i thought too but i cant find any evidence except people saying it.

And i wasnt arguing. I found the web md page weird. Said all the things it can help then basically discounted it.

I never added any lecithin to our edibles because of this lack of evidence.

I used to buy a "capsule kit" from a company in Canada to make hash capsules............they supplied everything to make them except the pot/hash. One of the things they included was the lecithin, which they stated (and I believed), helped with absorption. That's where I first heard of it. I'll try to remember the website..........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That info was the intro to the web md page. The info on the page however says it is ineffective or no supporting info and such.

Lecithin is an emulsifier. It helps preserve oil by stopping its degradation. Nature uses it in egg yolks. In bread, it keeps things moister longer by decreasing the rate at which fats are degraded by air exposure.

Here is evidence of its efficacy as an absorbtion enhancer with fish oil: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4903106/

Basically it has one end that hates water and one end that hates oil. This makes it a good barrier and gives our guts a good "handle" on the enormous lipids that cells in our guts are processing. This assists in bioavailability.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lecithin is an emulsifier. It helps preserve oil by stopping its degradation. Nature uses it in egg yolks. In bread, it keeps things moister longer by decreasing the rate at which fats are degraded by air exposure.

Here is evidence of its efficacy as an absorbtion enhancer with fish oil: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4903106/

Basically it has one end that hates water and one end that hates oil. This makes it a good barrier and gives our guts a good "handle" on the enormous lipids that cells in our guts are processing. This assists in bioavailability.

This is a rat study with a specific diet. And it still only comes out “may help with absorption”.

This is exactly the kind of unproven info the natural medicine and ag industry uses to promote the sale of unproven products.

Also the beauty and diet industries are quite guilty.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This is a rat study with a specific diet. And it still only comes out “may help with absorption”.

This is exactly the kind of unproven info the natural medicine and ag industry uses to promote the sale of unproven products.

Also the beauty and diet industries are quite guilty.
I really, really do not want to argue with people on the internet. However, I disagree vehemently with your synopsis and characterization. I encourage people to read the study if they have an interest in the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom