Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Turkish Cookies will be next in line.......just kidding, Sweet Zombie will be next and it will only take me a day to knock the room down, hang the reflective plastic, remove the Big Blue Ozone device, wipe the LED's down to clean off the dust, add the two new 125 cfm exhaust fans on the ceiling and put a new tarp down on the floor. Then mix the soil and I'll be ready to go. I'm still not sure what other changes I'll make (especially regarding CO2) but I suspect the yield will be beyond my expectations and I won't need CO2 but maybe down the road I'll add it.

I'll have to consider a plan for defoliating the Sweet Zombie but a lolipopping is definitely in the cards. I'm 90% sure I'll end up topping them fairly early too and just veg a bit longer than normal. It's a fairly slow grower early on, but it more than doubles in flowering.

Back in the morning.........

I have been thinking about what else you could do to make the sweet zombie more engaging for you. Maybe experiment with UV? A nutrient additive? I really don't know.

If the yield ends up being huge, might try to investigate the exhale bags too. Maybe they were helping after all.

sshz

sshz

It's too early to tell BUT I can tell a lot by the scissor hash and it was ok and lasted a long time, but it wasn't what I'd call potent. It's only been 4 days and i guess things can/will improve some......and it was only 1 plant too and maybe she was a dud.

sshz

sshz

My main concern with the Sweet Zombie is the fact that it's not branchy, and grows 1 very large main cola normally. This probably would not take advantage of the LED's properly, that's why I want to top it and veg it longer. I think the Exhale bags are useless in a room my size. I would probably need 4-6 of them to really have an impact. Leaving the door open a lot surely didn't help either. I think there is enough CO2 in my basement to have nice size crops with my setup, and it appears additonal CO2 won't be necessary. If I was to use it, it would only be in flowering from weeks 3-8 I think anyway.........I don't think I could handle the additional veg growth.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
My main concern with the Sweet Zombie is the fact that it's not branchy, and grows 1 very large main cola normally. This probably would not take advantage of the LED's properly, that's why I want to top it and veg it longer.

I was to use it, it would only be in flowering from weeks 3-8 I think anyway.........I don't think I could handle the additional veg growth.

Wouldn't this solve the longer veg problem? Am I missing something?

sshz

sshz

CO2?.......I guess it would. Lots to think about. I would put a CO2 burner in there in a minute if it didn't create more heat.....the idea of having to fill tanks of CO2 where everyone knows me isn't an exciting prospect........

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
CO2?.......I guess it would. Lots to think about. I would put a CO2 burner in there in a minute if it didn't create more heat.....the idea of having to fill tanks of CO2 where everyone knows me isn't an exciting prospect........
LOL, tell them you drink lots of soda at home. Give me a 75lb bottle plz...

As for the weak cannabis, I think your going to be pleasantly surprised if the weight is correct, I bet it's a lot more potent than your thinking if the buds are significantly fatter this time around, and I take analysis with a grain of salt, as I've seen 15% weed that stands solid against 25-30% buds. The key to potency is locked in the growth cycle.

Genetics have a bearing on it, but the grow speaks for itself everytime.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
LOL, tell them you drink lots of soda at home. Give me a 75lb bottle plz...

As for the weak cannabis, I think your going to be pleasantly surprised if the weight is correct, I bet it's a lot more potent than your thinking if the buds are significantly fatter this time around, and I take analysis with a grain of salt, as I've seen 15% weed that stands solid against 25-30% buds. The key to potency is locked in the growth cycle.

Genetics have a bearing on it, but the grow speaks for itself everytime.
My guess if it ends up being a weaker buzz is it will be one of those thc bombs that just doesn't have a lot of...character to the high. If that makes sense.

I'd be kind of surprised if Irie put out a strain with low thc numbers. Plus Golden Goat has pretty high THC iirc.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My guess if it ends up being a weaker buzz is it will be one of those thc bombs that just doesn't have a lot of...character to the high. If that makes sense.

I'd be kind of surprised if Irie put out a strain with low thc numbers. Plus Golden Goat has pretty high THC iirc.

Yup, I agree. TCH numbers alone don't really describe anything to me anymore TBH, I've spent far too many times looking at crap that was 30%+ and while it's impressive, it might not have the complexity of say, a good Strawberry Cough, Purple Haze, Grandaddy Purp, or some of the Skunks for instance. Complex terpene profiles really throw stuff over the top.

High % are a trap that people fall into, and it keeps you from enjoying a whole variety of strains that otherwise are among the finest specimens available. A marketing tool of sorts.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

"Genetics have a bearing on it, but the grow speaks for itself everytime."

Sorry, but it all starts with the genetics. I've had terrible grows and the smoke turn out incredibly potent. And I've had great grows and the smoke was weak. If it's not in the genetics, no skill in growing can make it a powerful smoke IMO.

You know, it was OK but nothing special at all. I kind of expected it to be that way since Rasta Jeff refused to address it and would rather dedicate his time to newer strains and better sellers. I'm more of an indica lover anyway, or at least hybrids that lean to the indica side so I'm a much tougher judge on sativa's than indicas. I'm sure it will get better as it dries, and again- it's just one plant out of 24. These early plants lean to the Platinum Tangie, the later Golden Goat leaners will definitely be stronger.

Fortunately, my people are not complainers (most of them anyway) and are always appreciative even though I charge top dollar. I make it so convenient for them (free secure mail delivery, 1 month payable, everything is guaranteed, 5 ways to pay, etc.), people order months in advance and I always sell out crop to crop.

Madmax

Madmax

Whats the overall amber ratio to the plants sshz.ive always seen parts of plants mature sooner than others..maybe that could b the case here..(had more amber)..id scope one thats milky and dry and smoke that..or even one that has a little clear just to see the effect it has.a little more racy but..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, well I'm certainly not suggesting genetics are irrelevant. I guess I've just been somewhat lucky of late, in that regard, and I might be taking it a bit for granted, to a certain extent. I'm certainly with you on the indicas, as that's where I also lean, and while the Sativas are often enticing, I usually revert back to Indacas for their consistent quality, size, potency, ect... They hardly ever disappoint me, and while I like some sweet flavors, I never tire of bold earth tones.

Absolutely, I have a certain strain I cherish above all others.

Many of my friends and and associates are huge complainers, and spoiled. If there not getting a zip of $50 weed that knocks their socks off, there disappointed. These are guys that suck on vape pens with 70%+ THC on a daily basis, or when they tire of shatters, waxes or pull snaps, taffy's, saps, ect..

I had a friend awhile back, I gave him 6 plants, and he finished them last month, I told him I wanted one. Because I wanted to try-out how well he did. Came back a few weeks later, and all of it was gone, I asked him about it, and he said they only put out a "few ounces each" and I should have grabbed it while it was available, because he smoked it all up. Gone! These guys are cannabis animals. I can't keep up with that level of consumption anymore, too much.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yea, well I'm certainly not suggesting genetics are irrelevant. I guess I've just been somewhat lucky of late, in that regard, and I might be taking it a bit for granted, to a certain extent. I'm certainly with you on the indicas, as that's where I also lean, and while the Sativas are often enticing, I usually revert back to Indacas for their consistent quality, size, potency, ect... They hardly ever disappoint me, and while I like some sweet flavors, I never tire of bold earth tones.

Absolutely, I have a certain strain I cherish above all others.

Many of my friends and and associates are huge complainers, and spoiled. If there not getting a zip of $50 weed that knocks their socks off, there disappointed. These are guys that suck on vape pens with 70%+ THC on a daily basis, or when they tire of shatters, waxes or pull snaps, taffy's, saps, ect..

I had a friend awhile back, I gave him 6 plants, and he finished them last month, I told him I wanted one. Because I wanted to try-out how well he did. Came back a few weeks later, and all of it was gone, I asked him about it, and he said they only put out a "few ounces each" and I should have grabbed it while it was available, because he smoked it all up. Gone! These guys are cannabis animals. I can't keep up with that level of consumption anymore, too much.
Gosh I hope I can continue to keep my tolerance lower than that, lol.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Gosh I hope I can continue to keep my tolerance lower than that, lol.
Yea, I am a big lightweight to all of them. But they say my weed is dank, and often better than what they get from dispensaries, so that very much pleases me. Also, most of them get tired of doing dabs and vapes, as somehow, there's a tolerance to that crap, that still doesn't quite perform like really good joints.

I mean, the quartz rails in ice cooled pipes do in a way, but my lungs can only stand so much of that crap. I've gone to the store after doing shit like that, and took me an hour to get a gallon of milk, after coughing for five min after the hit. I don't like being that high, not too much anyhow. When I think everyone can read my thoughts, and that I'm communicating telepathically, that's a bit too much.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yea, I am a big lightweight to all of them. But they say my weed is dank, and often better than what they get from dispensaries, so that very much pleases me. Also, most of them get tired of doing dabs and vapes, as somehow, there's a tolerance to that crap, that still doesn't quite perform like really good joints.

I mean, the quartz rails in ice cooled pipes do in a way, but my lungs can only stand so much of that crap. I've gone to the store after doing shit like that, and took me an hour to get a gallon of milk, after coughing for five min after the hit. I don't like being that high, not too much anyhow. When I think everyone can read my thoughts, and that I'm communicating telepathically, that's a bit too much.
I definitely overdid it on carts...dabs still mess me up, I just don't like the experience as much.

That said, whatever floats your boat is what I say to those people. Just seems kind of like an alcoholic who doesn't bother with beer or wine anymore. Not as unhealthy of course, but it's just sad.

sshz

sshz

After 42 years of being an avid pot smoker, my lungs surely aren’t what they used to be. It aggrevates my allergies, and destroys my throat and those 2 things alone have lessened my desire a lot. I enjoy the gummies a lot, and they are great for sleep.

I will check the trichrome colors and report back this morning............ and the weight of the drying plant.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, bad asthma and COPD here, so I've got to be careful, although, If I do it responsibly, the weed does actually help me clear me out some, it's just not overdoing it.

Balance.

sshz

sshz

So the weight fell from 5 oz., 6 grams to 4 oz., 22 grams overnight. I'm still sure the final weight for plant #1 will be over 4 oz. And plant #2 should be close to that too...........

sshz

sshz

I have asthma too, but it's more tied to my allergies, which are bad this time of year. I'm sure a large number of us on THCFarmer has breathing issues, with many not knowing the extent of theirs yet.........

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

personally i think it has everything to do with genetics. The grower just puts it closer or further to its potential. Just my opinion. Genetics play the biggest role.

I also have early stages of COPD and still smoke. I have found edibles and a dry herb vaporizer to work well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom