Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Well, some of don't have the luxury of being able to go outside, i.e. neighbors, smell with delivery people coming to the house, animals and bugs, etc........ No doubt outside is the best, as nothing can duplicate the strength of the sun, but no reason to take on any more risk. I have 1 1/4 acres and my neighbors tell me they can smell it when walking down on the cul-de-sac. Most of my neighbors are either cops, secret service, military or homeland security too. Everyone is cool and don't bother me about it as we are all very friendly, but no thanks anyway.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
exactly but you also had HPS vs these LED have you had may issues of this in the past? its just a suggestion in case it happens next time as well, but it works to finish plants no question I've seen and done it many times, like I said its light intensity, your plants may not be getting the energy they need , in real world outside conditions it no secret equator plants always finish quicker and its been noted by many breeders and they attribute it to high intense light. regardless it stimulates quicker ripening and actually even can cause the buds to swell a little extra right at the end. I know commercial growers that do this, and I bet most of them are.
It seems to me more likely that this sudden change in regimen causes a huge stress reaction and that accounts for the last gasp of ripening, since it's obviously impossible in nature.

sshz

sshz

ESPECIALLY mold since I live near the water........it's not uncommon in the summer months to have humidity in the 80% or higher for everyday for a month. My next door neighbor has a veg garden every year and it's a constant struggle. It pisses him off when he comes over and sees everything inside nicely green and pretty. LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ESPECIALLY mold since I live near the water........it's not uncommon in the summer months to have humidity in the 80% or higher for everyday for a month. My next door neighbor has a veg garden every year and it's a constant struggle. It pisses him off when he comes over and sees everything inside nicely green and pretty. LOL

Growing outside in michigan is quite a challange. Im thinking of growing an herb garden inside under my old flourescent grow lights.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think the best way to do it right would be under greenhouse conditions with de-humidification. I'm hoping my plan for next year is viable, if I get the plants in ground around 4/15-5/1, I can harvest slightly after the summer solstice when humidity is lowest, (late july) usually around 50% at the worse times of the day, but in the fall here, humidity and rain become a major issue.

I think what I'm going to do, is make 50-100 starts starting in mid march or april 1, (repeat every 2 weeks) then try to have them ready for putting in the ground as soon as possible, hopefully by mid april. It seems you need to add a week or two at minimum to outdoor flowering regimes.

Then once the frost is done (here it's early, because I"m near the cost) I might even do some direct seeds into the ground itself.

Some of the seeds I have produce auto's and photo's at this point, (mixed pheno types) so it should be an interesting mix. Some will come in early, others should go the whole season.

Last edited:
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Wow this is an amazing grow I'm new to the group and joined for this thread specifically... Had to read it all stupid guest views...making me look forward to the future for sure in my first led grow with a similar setup hoping to get 1/10th the luck you have had. Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
You my friend are a total asshole.......but I'm sure you knew that already. You obviously haven't been following all along or you might feel differently.

I never said I live in a metro area, I live in a rural farm area.

Only 1 neighbor has ever seen my grow, a smoke buddy I've known for 20 years and helps me out occasionally.

I'm actually one of the nicest fuckin guys on the site, and do this to help others. I don't get short with anyone but assholes who are jealous.

But I will make a video with everything soon enough..............
(...yawns...)

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

(...yawns...)

Easy bro, I got to know SSHZ a bit and your not going to find a nicer guys, Sometimes things read different then as meant, I never mean to be snippy, mean, know it all , rude or anything to any of the guys, but sometimes my writing reads different then what I mean it to.

SSHZ been doing journals for quite sometime on many boards, and after reading quite a few and getting to know him , There is better ways to ask for answers to your skepticism then challenge his character and honestly.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I’ll be putting up a video of everything tomorrow all together, hanging and in Tupperware and I’ll let each of you make your own decision as to whether 100 oz appears possible. People comment for different reasons, and Hippie obviously hasn’t bothered to read thru the thread or look at all the pictures of both sides of the room. Experienced LED growers like Aqua Man has been saying all along its totally possible, I was the #1 non believer. I look at it this way- 19000+ hits on thread and we had to expect at least 1 negative comment eventually..........and to be honest, if I hadn’t seen it myself, I’d probably be calling it bullshit too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ll be putting up a video of everything tomorrow all together, hanging and in Tupperware and I’ll let each of you make your own decision as to whether 100 oz appears possible. People comment for different reasons, and Hippie obviously hasn’t bothered to read thru the thread or look at all the pictures of both sides of the room. Experienced LED growers like Aqua Man has been saying all along its totally possible, I was the #1 non believer. I look at it this way- 19000+ hits on thread and we had to expect at least 1 negative comment eventually..........and to be honest, if I hadn’t seen it myself, I’d probably be calling it bullshit too.

Thats amazing no troll with all those views. Go thc farmer!

My guess was based on simple math at 1.5 gpw. If you got the 2 gpw the lamps are capable of you are there my friend.

I am really paying attention to the capability of much more yield in the same space. Shame i had pest issues and lost so much this summer. I cant buy lighting this coming year anymore.

You not being an led fanboy type (like @Aqua Man )lol :-) and getting such great results without having used them before. Just awesome bud!

I want to replace my 2 600 hps lamps with 2 600w led’s pretty bad now.

And just have to say. I really liked your thread and give it the full credibility thumbs up award. I just made that up. You are the first winner! Lol.

:-)

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What were the exact dimensions of the room sshz? I forget.

I can see where MHippy is coming from, so I don't think he's an asshole, I think he's just got skepticism, which isn't always a bad thing. Also, I think there's still a fair amount of individuals out here that don't believe that LED's can be SUPERIOR to HPS. That premise is obviously patently FALSE. And has been well documented on this Grow.

However, I've been following this thread for awhile now, and you seem to be a very well informed, and generally honest and forthcoming with sharing information. I believe this might be possible also, and while I don't know if your stretching the truth, my guess would be no. You don't come across that way to me.

I believe you've probably been so engaging all this time, because this is basically become your children, and it's something that's been your stepchild for awhile now, and you've been very successful at it, but you've never stopped trying to get better either.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thats amazing no troll with all those views. Go thc farmer!

My guess was based on simple math at 1.5 gpw. If you got the 2 gpw the lamps are capable of you are there my friend.

I am really paying attention to the capability of much more yield in the same space. Shame i had pest issues and lost so much this summer. I cant buy lighting this coming year anymore.

You not being an led fanboy type (like @Aqua Man )lol :-) and getting such great results without having used them before. Just awesome bud!

I want to replace my 2 600 hps lamps with 2 600w led’s pretty bad now.

And just have to say. I really liked your thread and give it the full credibility thumbs up award. I just made that up. You are the first winner! Lol.

:-)
Dude, I am fully on board with what he's doing here. In fact, I just dropped $1500 to try and replicate or even better it. At minimum, come close.
While I might not be getting the same exact lamp, I'm building something very, very close to it, possibly better, as mines incorporated a few UV diodes into the mix, and a few (not many) of LM301 4000 and 6000k (very few), but I"m using the LM301H 2700k, not the 3500K and of course the 660nm diodes. 3618diodes@642w

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Sorry to ask again, but what were the actual dimensions of your rooms? They looked like 6x6 to me, is that correct?

sshz

sshz

The room dimensions are 103 inches wide and 56 inches deep and 92 inches high.......... the lights are 44 inches X 43 inches. So the lights sit over an area of 56 inches X 51 inches on each side of the room, leaving the middle of the room open so I can water, etc.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The room dimensions are 103 inches wide and 56 inches deep and 92 inches high.......... the lights are 44 inches X 43 inches. So the lights sit over an area of 56 inches X 51 inches on each side of the room, leaving the middle of the room open so I can water, etc.
Thanks man, that might help with my layout on the lights, do you think your hitting the wall with the lights at all? What I mean to say, you've got 4.5 feet in one direction, do you think the lights are kinda bigger for that width at all? Perhaps if it was a foot wider, do you think you could have done a little better even?

sshz

sshz

Well, I spent some time today putting up reflective white plastic on all the walls, figuring I was losing some light that way. You can widen the room up to another foot on all sides by keeping the lights a bit higher than I did.............. but I have a hard time seeing me do much better than I did, but I think the Sweet Zombie grow coming up next will answer a lot of questions we are still asking i.e. can I repeat the results.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The right side, which I don't often show.....it's distorted but the light is only 16 inches above the canopy.

View attachment 995616
How tall were your plants when you flipped? This is the closest pic I could find...if the light is 16 inches, is that a foot? Just trying to get my own sense for my grow, knowing of course many variables are different.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well, I spent some time today putting up reflective white plastic on all the walls, figuring I was losing some light that way. You can widen the room up to another foot on all sides by keeping the lights a bit higher than I did.............. but I have a hard time seeing me do much better than I did, but I think the Sweet Zombie grow coming up next will answer a lot of questions we are still asking i.e. can I repeat the results.
TBH, I think getting the lights much higher is actually counter productive TBH, it's just better to have them down as low as possible on the plant, as it provides better overall penetration. You know what I'm talking about, take a light meter, and measure off 6 inches from the light. Your photosynthetic photon flux density PPFD is the amount that "actually" arrives at the plant. Getting that deep into the canopy is much more challenging, but apparently entirely possible with LED's, it just turns out that it's the exact opposite than I had supposed.

I figured higher powered LED's, but what you really want, is low "efficient" powered, and close, very close, but spread out with wide cast. (wide light footprint) With that said, mostly I think 120 degreee angles are being used, so probably 6 inches to a foot beyond the light, I would think ,at most. How close were you getting down on the plants, especially at the end?

Where you adjusting it by the v in the plants leaves? or just a set height.

Operating TemperatureTa-40 ~ +85ºC-Storage TemperatureTstg-40 ~ +120ºC-LED Junction TemperatureTj110ºC-Forward CurrentIF200mA-Pulse Forward CurrentIFP300mADuty 1/10, pulse width 10msAssembly Process Temperature-260<10ºCs-ESD (HBM)-5kV-b)Electro-optical Characteristics (IF= 65mA, Ts= 25 ºC)ItemUnitRankBinMin.Typ.Max.Forward Voltage (VF)VXAAY2.6-2.7AZ2.7-2.8A12.8-2.9Reverse Voltage(@ 5 mA)V0.7-1.2Color Rendering Index (Ra)-90--Thermal Resistance(junction to solder point)ºC/W-7.5-Beam Angleº-120

Capture45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom