Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Today a pic of the other side of the room, the one I feel is a day or two ahead AND my Ink Bird device I won over at ICMag arrived. I'll hook this up to my exhaust fan and the dehumidifier that's arriving on Monday. It can turned on/off by a temperature control built in. Could be handy. I think every will agree ANOTHER defoliation will be necessary.........LOL

IMG 0138

sshz

sshz

I often look closely at leaf angle's.....the plant use the leaf angles to the light to regulate how much light the plant is receiving. This is a clue to how healthy they are. The angles are just right. I had to raise the lights a bit yesterday, as some of the plants were close to 11-12 inches away. I moved them back to 16-17 inches. I should also mention I monitor how much water they are using......basically healthy plants should be using a lot of water at this point in the grow. And they are.

sshz

sshz

My next crop, if I receive the seeds, will be Dr. GreenThumb's "Turkish Cookies"........here's a grow thread on it.

https://www.invalid.com/t/turkish-cookies-greenthumb-seeds.912938/
(RollItUp)

He obviously liked it a whole lot, he's a friend and medical grower- many people hold this strain in high regard.

Dr. GreenThumb received my payment, that I know. Now it could take around 1 month to receive them from Canada, if I'm lucky.

sshz

sshz

So, planning out the week tonight. The humidity continues to be high, averaging around 75% thru the day. The dehumidifier will be here Thursday, which will be the end of 3 weeks in flowering. I want to leave that day open to concentrate on the new device and get it up and working. I overbought again, this one can remove up to 50 pints a day, but realistically more like 30 which is about 4 gallons. In most of flowering, a 40%-50% humidity is ideal. Late in flowering it helps to reduce that closer to 30%-40% to get the resin to really pop and reduce any chance of mold. This unit will insure humidity will not be a problem moving onward in flowering.

That means the LAST defoliation will happen on Wednesday. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, as it's time consuming to do it right. It's also downright uncomfortable on my ass and knees pulling out plants here and there to get to everything. I'll take before and after pic's. My last defoliation on this crop, I promise. This defoliation is supposed to be the "MAIN" one, with the most leaves being removed per the Irie Seeds podcast. Irie Seeds has reported this strain is a quick grower and a very hearty- he wasn't kidding. Rasta Jeff has responded to all my emails and he told me he'll address my questions about the strain in a future podcast in the coming weeks.

I have seen a few gnats flying around the basement, but not in the room. I plan on giving each plant another 2 tablespoons of the Mosquito Bits I applied earlier in the grow to make sure all gnat larva is killed off. I hate those little buggers, they have no fear and often land right on my computer screen, attracted to the bright light I guess. I think the PureCrop1 spraying already helped in this regard, just doing a little extra application to be doubly sure.

I'm still waiting for a credit for the returned CO2 tank and regulator from HTG Supply.......I'd be leary about giving them your business at this point. They are cheaper than most but probably not worth the aggravation. I had to get Paypal involved to get them moving.

sshz

sshz

I hate to mess with the room at this point since things look so great......but tomorrow will be the last defoliation. I'll give a listen to Irie Seeds defoliation podcast one more time tonight, and in the morning I'll get after it. Here's a pic just taken, you better be sitting down tomorrow when I post those pic's. LOL

IMG 1199

sshz

sshz

After reviewing the below podcast, I probably made a few mistakes in timing- although you wouldn't know it to look at the room. By defoliating early as I did, it probably stunted the growth of this strain (which probably isn't a bad thing). Rasta Jeff recommends doing it in week 1/3/5/7 in flowering. I might have removed too much in the veg period. With that, I probably won't do as heavy of one as planned tomorrow but enough to clean up everything once again. And then hit them again in weeks 5 and 7. UGHH!!!!!! I'll again recommend everyone who is interested, give the podcast a listen as he does a great job explaining it all- why, when and how.

sshz

sshz

I did want to be a bit clearer.......the above podcast talks in generalities about defoliation. Rasta Jeff's podcast on the Orange Gasm was more specific on the strain and I believe I did follow his recommendations for this strain. So, I don't think I actually did anything incorrectly. I will still do a pretty thorough defoliation tomorrow and we'll see how everything looks in a few weeks.

Every strain reacts differently to chopping its' leaves off......some take to it better than others. Leafy strains (Black Domina comes to mind immediately) generally do better with it, less leafy strains require less removal and will do poorly if you remove too much. It's always best to move slowly as you can always remove more down the road but if remove too much, you're shit out of luck as it will stunt growth

sshz

sshz

Another observation tonight........it's becoming apparent which plants lean to the Golden Goat and which to the Platinum Tangie. The G.G. leaves are thinner, and more serrated. They are also lighter in color up to this point. The Tangie has wider leaves and is holding it's green better. It took me 10 seconds to find all the G.G. leaners. I'm going to bump up the N again in fertilization and probably raise the lights again tomorrow to 16 inches.

The room was up to 85% humidity today.....the outside temp's were in the mid 90's with 80+% humidity. I can't wait for the dehumidifier to get here Thursday and see the impact it has on the room. I fully expect to be able to get to 50% or below with it..........40% would be ideal.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Another observation tonight........it's becoming apparent which plants lean to the Golden Goat and which to the Platinum Tangie. The G.G. leaves are thinner, and more serrated. They are also lighter in color up to this point. The Tangie has wider leaves and is holding it's green better. It took me 10 seconds to find all the G.G. leaners. I'm going to bump up the N again in fertilization and probably raise the lights again tomorrow to 16 inches.

The room was up to 85% humidity today.....the outside temp's were in the mid 90's with 80+% humidity. I can't wait for the dehumidifier to get here Thursday and see the impact it has on the room. I fully expect to be able to get to 50% or below with it..........40% would be ideal.

There is supposed to be 50/50 tangie- G.G do you see any of those? or hard to tell yet

sshz

sshz

Rasta Jeff said the 50/50 is the best pheno of the 5 different ones, and the one you should be looking for. It has the best traits of each parent. I can't tell shit, to be honest other than the G.G.'s are a bit lighter in color and smaller leaves. Ask me again in a couple of weeks, the traits should be more prevalent by then.

I upped the nitrogen in today's watering and raised the ppm up to 790-800. Still at 6.3 pH with Cal/Mag added at 8ml per gallon. I also meant to take a pic of the Exhale bags, which are now fully white and probably producing co2 at a high level now. I removed them from the wall, and placed them on the floor in the opposite corners to the exhaust system.

Tomorrow is 3 weeks in flowering, I'll put up a couple pic's over the weekend after the plants have a chance to recover a bit.

sshz

sshz

My humidifier arrived today, I put it in the room immediately. When I turned it on, the room was at 76% humidity, Currently the room is at 54% and I watered some but not all the plants too. The Humidifier does blow out some heat, so the room is running a bit warmer (86 degrees), but I can adjust that with the door open and/or the exhaust system on. I also raised the lights up again, as some of the plants had a spurt overnight. At 3 weeks in flowering today, I don't expect much if anymore stretch at this point........ pictures up over the weekend.

Madmax

Madmax

My humidifier arrived today, I put it in the room immediately. When I turned it on, the room was at 76% humidity, Currently the room is at 54% and I watered some but not all the plants too. The Humidifier does blow out some heat, so the room is running a bit warmer (86 degrees), but I can adjust that with the door open and/or the exhaust system on. I also raised the lights up again, as some of the plants had a spurt overnight. At 3 weeks in flowering today, I don't expect much if anymore stretch at this point........ pictures up over the weekend.
Hi mate..how many watts is the hummy you bought..i purchased a breville easy mist which has hot/cold misting.only put it in lounge room to get going and worked well..was going through the instruction book and noticed it was a 100watt.i was like noooo waaaay thats too much for my little setup so took back to store for refund and ventured into another store and bought a philips desk top humidifier with nanocloud tecnology only 14 watt.sounds perfect...put this in my room this time with 315 cmh and 200 watt tube heater.bear in mind my veg room is only 90cm wide by 1.5 wide so pretty small...room would only get to 22.3 lol and humidifier going flatout .it was actually cooling room by 3.3 deg less than with it not going...rh waa only getting to 46% .looks like im returning another haha..130 bucks too...you dont get what you pay for these days..the hot/cold mist does seem the way to go but .i need one that doesnt have a fan as its cooling the room too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom