Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

If your only issue is PM, you might want to consider just buying a $5 bag of wettable sulfer dust and applying that....either in dust form or spray it on. It's quite effective and cheap.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I may end up doing just that depending on how bad it gets, looks like its going to effect my peppers, but i'm going to get a bottle anyhow to have on hand, to try it anyhow, thanks for the info.

sshz

sshz

The right side, which I don't often show.....it's distorted but the light is only 16 inches above the canopy.

IMG 0112

sshz

sshz

The Exhale co2 bags arrived today (Sunday?) and have been placed above the canopy. 2 large bags in this room should be plentiful. I turned off the exhaust and will hook up a timer to come on for 1/2 hour every 2 hours while the lights are on. I'll need to monitor the heat in room and make adjustment as need be.

One thing about these lights, although they do put off heat- the temps around the plants and canopy seems very comfortable. Heat rises and is easy dispersed between each of the light bars- good and thoughtful design.

IMG 1194

sshz

sshz

Looking at the room tonight I was amazed at how well these plants bounced back after the defoliation.......... look again at post #103 and check out how leafy they are- that pic is from Saturday. This tells me I didn't remove enough leaves initially. The breeders podcast says defoliate one more time the 3rd week of flowering- I may have to do it sooner, especially after the co2 kicks in.

ALSO I WANTED TO MENTION THE STENCH......... quite loud at only 3 days into flowering. Big Blue is on daily and my wife tells me she smells the ozone upstairs when the a/c comes on.

sshz

sshz

The last defoliation took place today................

Pic one is a plant before and then after.............

IMG 0129
IMG 0130

Madmax

Madmax

They look superb mate..i can actually see now how you have grown your plants..i didnt have the faintest how many steps,branches were there and now i see..they look very robust.hows the humidity when lights are off and what are you using to control that.spose its sitting around 50-60 deg and no humidifier needed..ive been looking at an temp and humidity controller to use im my room ..i bought an sms.com fan controller with sensor over the net and the bloody thing doesnt actually stop lol .was going to put extraction fan on timer but then wont have a sensor..been a big learning curve for me first up but watching your grow you make it look easy ha..

sshz

sshz

Many people have responded over the years how much they appreciate the finer details, as it's a nice grow tool for newbies. I'm happy to help. Many of you THCFarmer's don't know it but if you check over at RIU, I probably have 20 grows on there over many years with similar details. I wanted to show a solid picture of my lollipopping, the removal of the bottom 1/3 of everything on the plants. This helps with air flow, being able to get in to water more easily and less crap that never finishes on the plant (and thus, less trimming). By the way, I left about 1/3 more on the plants up top on the other side of the room as an experiment.........I'll monitor the final weight on each side as a guide for future defoliating.

I should also mention this is stressful to most plants, and it normally takes a day or two for the plants to bounce back. Make sure they are well watered, I watered heavily late yesterday, which will help reduce the stress. Also, be gentle with them, tell them you love them- they’ll appreciate that and give you bigger buds. Lol
IMG 0133

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Max...... during the day I’m able to control the heat and humidity no problem. In the mornings though, I am seeing moisture on the plants if I watered the night before. Moving forward I plan on leaving my exhaust on deep into the night and start watering in the mornings only- both things should help. With the door closed and light on with no exhaust, it gets up to around 85 degrees. With the door closed and exhaust on, it’s high 70’s. So I let the temps build for a few hours with the exhaust off, then exhaust the room for 20 minutes while the temps drop back down. Then I start it all over again.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Many people have responded over the years how much they appreciate the finer details, as it's a nice grow tool for newbies. I'm happy to help. Many of you THCFarmer's don't know it but if you check over at RIU, I probably have 20 grows on there over many years with similar details. I wanted to show a solid picture of my lollipopping, the removal of the bottom 1/3 of everything on the plants. This helps with air flow, being able to get in to water more easily and less crap that never finishes on the plant (and thus, less trimming). By the way, I left about 1/3 more on the plants up top on the other side of the room as an experiment.........I'll monitor the final weight on each side as a guide for future defoliating.

I should also mention this is stressful to most plants, and it normally takes a day or two for the plants to bounce back. Make sure they are well watered, I watered heavily late yesterday, which will help reduce the stress. Also, be gentle with them, tell them you love them- they’ll appreciate that and give you bigger buds. Lol
View attachment 997105
Thanks for that tutorial. Defiantly experimenting with this next grow. Looking superb.

sshz

sshz

Remember, it's my first time with LED's and my first time defoliating to this degree. I have always lollipopped, but never defoliated. Just thinking about how quickly the plants came back after the first defoliation makes me believe there's something to it all.......... the more light that can reach the buds, the better everything will be in the end.

sshz

sshz

Well, there goes another $400 spent for an portable A/C/Dehumifier/Fan from Honeywell. I bought a unit that's built for a room much larger than my room. This way if doesn't have to run all the time. It actually uses more electricity than 1 of the lights too. It sits on the floor, and will be exhausted out in the ceiling. I'm not concerned about the temps in the room, but I'm seeing wild swings in the humidity. I don't seem to be able to get it under 65% most times, even with the door open and some mornings I am finding dew on the leaves. The humidity also rises thru the night. It's 100% I'd get mold in the buds if I don't get it under control.

I'll run it on the A/C setting in the day when the lights are on, the humidifier setting at night. It will arrive next Wednesday.

sshz

sshz

It continues to amaze me how quickly this strain bounces back from the defoliation. 1st pic is the side I heavily defoliated last time, the 2nd pic I left 1/3 more on the other side...........8 days in flowering, just a bit of elongation going on. Also notice how every plant is the picture of health, not 1 issue with any leaf anywhere. I'll probably do 1 more spray, maybe PureCrop1, over the weekend and then I should be good to go til harvest.

IMG 1196
IMG 1197

sshz

sshz

I did raise the LED's today which I forgot to mention. I initially set them at 18 inches, some of the plants grew within 12 inches so I set them back up to 16 inches all around. I'll have to move the Exhale bags higher shortly too. Gavita recommends 18 inches on these, and although some people lower them down to 12", I'm playing it safe for now as I don't want to create any issues (which I often read about).

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice work ! Thanks for sharing it. Super pumped to see this finish out

sshz

sshz

This has turned into a nice thread........sometimes they just don't "click", and are more a chore than enjoyable. I think the newness of the LED's has kept my interest peaked. I've been spending a lot of time in the rooms, pondering stuff and paying close attention for anything out of the ordinary. And keeping it REALLY clean- today I actually wiped the floor on my hands and knees (at 64 yrs. of age). At this point under HPS my ppm would be around 1100, under the LED's I'm at 780 ppm the last couple of waterings. pH is maintained at 6.3 with no variation. I've been watering every 2 days of late. Oh yeah....and I'm still waiting for some meaningful stretch to start.

And, I won a contest over at ICMag for an Ink-Bird ITC-608. I was notified yesterday. Here's one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-Variations/dp/B07GR31TBW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom