Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I bought a Frigidaire High-Humidity model.......... I think it runs at 9.3 amps but I'd have to double check the manual to be sure. I will say it's been running a lot, and I've been able to get the room humidity down to 51% most of the time. But I'm watering every day, alternating sides of the room- so there's always extra moisture being added in the room. Needless to say, it's pulling ALOT of water out. I'm dumping the reservoir a couple of times a day right now.

I also wanted to correct something I mentioned earlier in the thread.........I said each light has 1000 diodes, it's actually like 3,336 diodes. That's what's posted on the Gavita website.

I also have decided tomorrow to raise the lights back to 18 inches........... I've read a lot about it, Gavita recommends that distance for a reason. Since the grow area is 4 X 4, it doesn't have to be any lower than that, per numerous sources.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I bought a Frigidaire High-Humidity model.......... I think it runs at 9.3 amps but I'd have to double check the manual to be sure. I will say it's been running a lot, and I've been able to get the room humidity down to 51% most of the time. But I'm watering every day, alternating sides of the room- so there's always extra moisture being added in the room. Needless to say, it's pulling ALOT of water out. I'm dumping the reservoir a couple of times a day right now.

I also wanted to correct something I mentioned earlier in the thread.........I said each light has 1000 diodes, it's actually like 3,336 diodes. That's what's posted on the Gavita website.

I also have decided tomorrow to raise the lights back to 18 inches........... I've read a lot about it, Gavita recommends that distance for a reason. Since the grow area is 4 X 4, it doesn't have to be any lower than that, per numerous sources.
Think your bang on and fridgaire are very good

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

My humidifier arrived today, I put it in the room immediately. When I turned it on, the room was at 76% humidity, Currently the room is at 54% and I watered some but not all the plants too. The Humidifier does blow out some heat, so the room is running a bit warmer (86 degrees), but I can adjust that with the door open and/or the exhaust system on. I also raised the lights up again, as some of the plants had a spurt overnight. At 3 weeks in flowering today, I don't expect much if anymore stretch at this point........ pictures up over the weekend.
Just to be clear, it's a DEHUMIDIFIER- not a humidifier.
Yeah, but I think MadMax is confused........LOL
I was about to have you clarify when I read the first post that I quoted in this message, but with you previously commenting about needing to bring the humidity levels of your room down and "the room was at 76% humidity, Currently the room is at 54%", I kind of figured this much haha. Context clues and all, but I could understand how some people might have become confused. Everything is looking beautiful as always brother! Almost in the home stretch! I wish you well with the rest of this run! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Humidifier or dehumidifier... Your grow is definitely hitting the mark.

sshz

sshz

It's been a strange grow though- the plants stayed way shorter than I expected, the high humidity issues, the warmer room temps, the numerous defoliation's, the lower ppm rates when fertilizing......... everything has just been kind of whacked and against the grain from my past grows. Today is day 23 in flowering, things should really start to take off from here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's been a strange grow though- the plants stayed way shorter than I expected, the high humidity issues, the warmer room temps, the numerous defoliation's, the lower ppm rates when fertilizing......... everything has just been kind of whacked and against the grain from my past grows. Today is day 23 in flowering, things should really start to take off from here.
More blue spectrum this grow?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Been thinking about how you said you don't expect to pull two pounds at the grow's start. To my untrained eye this room looks primed for this stage in a grow. Has that been revised?

sshz

sshz

Way, way more blue this grow...............no doubt it had a large impact on the grow. I'm shocked how short everything stayed. Gavita emphasizes on their website how short plants stay, it made me feel a bit better.

Regarding the yield, I'm still up in the air regarding final weight. Ask me again inn 2 weeks. LOL

sshz

sshz

The dehumidifier, the monster fan (actually an outside unit) and each side of the room- for your viewing pleasure.

IMG 0141
IMG 0142
IMG 0143
IMG 0144

sshz

sshz

A few things today..........

The first time last night I saw the humidity below 50%.......it fell all the way down to 47%. I think the humidifier is sucking about 3-3 1/2 gallons of water a day right now. That's about 25-30 pints. It's running 24/7 at 9.3 amps. I'm thinking I'll need to add an additional exhaust system, which will be cheaper than running the dehumidifier all the time.

I might have seen 30 pictures of the Golden Goat in a search last night, in all types of flowering stages- and didn't see 1 dark green plant. Every pic shows light green leaves.. See Below- this is a perfect example but is not my plant. One guy had a logical explanation- it has Hawaiian heritage and this is perfectly normal- it's all genetics. It just stays light green. That makes sense so I'm going to stop worrying about it. It just irks me when I can't green up a plant to my liking.

GoldenGoat1

sshz

sshz

I had to provide some details of the Orange Gasm to customers, here's the details.......it's Platinum Tangie X Golden Goat

Platinum Tangie is a potent 70/30 sativa leaning, daytime hybrid. A happy, uplifting and energetic buzz.

Golden Goat is golden is appearance, euphoric with full body effects. It relieves stress, depression, anxiety, fatigue and pain.

Rasta Jeff sprayed a G.G. mother which led to male pollen, and he dusted his favorite Platinum Tangie female with it.

I also thought I'd relay Rasta Jeff's recommended "mite" products, for those fighting the borg on a constant basis. I mentioned in an earlier post the importance of also drenching your pots with the same miticides, as most mites can live in the soil also. Just spraying the plants often will not work, as most of us have found out. Spray the plants, the mites head south to the dirt. Drench the dirt, the plants will climb upward. Do both, to be sure. The products he recommends, in rotation are:

1. Pyganic (Use this 1st)

2. Botaniguard Max (If you still see live mites, then use this)

3. Venerate (strongest of the 3 and used as a last resort)

Also, don't forget to use Vaseline or Tangle Foot at the base of the main stem to stop their path up and down the plant.

sshz

sshz

I also wanted to mention that after a mild flush and with the temp's now well in the low 80's and high 40's % humidity, the room looks great. I'm resisting putting up a picture cause I want to wow everyone on Thursday, which will be 1 month in flowering. I think raising the lights helped a bit too by lowering any stress they may have had by pushing them too hard. And sure enough, plenty of LEAVES everywhere.

Hey Dr.........I was disappointed in Rasta Jeff's last podcast. I thought he might address my questions on the Orange Gasm but no go. Shit, a 45 minute podcast and he answers 5 questions total. WTF

And as a comparison, I wanted to compare the bud growth at day 25 in flowering to some of my other grows. I chose the Ethos Apex strain and a Chem OG grow, both I did on RIU a few years ago. I really don't think I see much difference, other than the lack of big sun leaves.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I also wanted to mention that after a mild flush and with the temp's now well in the low 80's and high 40's % humidity, the room looks great. I'm resisting putting up a picture cause I want to wow everyone on Thursday, which will be 1 month in flowering. I think raising the lights helped a bit too by lowering any stress they may have had by pushing them too hard. And sure enough, plenty of LEAVES everywhere.

Hey Dr.........I was disappointed in Rasta Jeff's last podcast. I thought he might address my questions on the Orange Gasm but no go. Shit, a 45 minute podcast and he answers 5 questions total. WTF

And as a comparison, I wanted to compare the bud growth at day 25 in flowering to some of my other grows. I chose the Ethos Apex strain and a Chem OG grow, both I did on RIU a few years ago. I really don't think I see much difference, other than the lack of big sun leaves.

yeah SSHZ I've been waiting for him to answer some, maybe next time, I like most of his podcasts but he does ramble on sometimes lol,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom