Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Update.......the humidity has leveled out at 47%, an acceptable level. Only problem I see going on though, is it's drying my pots out daily too. Well, at least 75% of them. I'm actually watering daily right now, with a ppm at 500.........And I'm lightly flushing weekly with some fresh water, no nutes- something I've never done before. Plants are happy, they look great- I'll put up a pic on Thurs at 4 weeks finished. I'll get around to testing the room CO2 shortly, which should be very revealing.

Bad news.........my reverse osmosis tabletop device sprung a hose leak and flooded one of the upstairs bathrooms and the kitchen below to some extent. I'd say it was spilling water everywhere at a high rate for about 3 hours. 1/4 inch of water on the floor, the ceiling below will require drywall repairs and repainting- which I just had done last week. So, I bought a new r.o. filter, here on Friday. THERE'S NOTHING CHEAP ABOUT GROWING GOOD POT! I live on an old peach farm, my water is contaminated with all kinds of heavy metals (from the fertilizer salts) and other nasty's. My ppm is about 180, this device lowers it to around 10 ppm.

It's been over 3 weeks now waiting for Dr. GreenThumb to send me my 3 packs of Turkish Cookies. It seems that when he puts some stuff on sale, the seeds are older and sprouting less and less. These were on sale. Just in case they don't arrive or sprout, I'm going to order Expert Seeds "Zombie Virus", a high yielding, 100% indica. I grew it in 2017, this is a perfect strain for LED lights. Check out my grow on RIU. I did a poor job growing it then and it was still good- I said in that thread somewhere I was going to grow this one again and do it right the next time. Maybe sooner than later.......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update.......the humidity has leveled out at 47%, an acceptable level. Only problem I see going on though, is it's drying my pots out daily too. Well, at least 75% of them. I'm actually watering daily right now, with a ppm at 500.........And I'm lightly flushing weekly with some fresh water, no nutes- something I've never done before. Plants are happy, they look great- I'll put up a pic on Thurs at 4 weeks finished. I'll get around to testing the room CO2 shortly, which should be very revealing.

Bad news.........my reverse osmosis tabletop device sprung a hose leak and flooded one of the upstairs bathrooms and the kitchen below to some extent. I'd say it was spilling water everywhere at a high rate for about 3 hours. 1/4 inch of water on the floor, the ceiling below will require drywall repairs and repainting- which I just had done last week. So, I bought a new r.o. filter, here on Friday. THERE'S NOTHING CHEAP ABOUT GROWING GOOD POT! I live on an old peach farm, my water is contaminated with all kinds of heavy metals (from the fertilizer salts) and other nasty's. My ppm is about 180, this device lowers it to around 10 ppm.

It's been over 3 weeks now waiting for Dr. GreenThumb to send me my 3 packs of Turkish Cookies. It seems that when he puts some stuff on sale, the seeds are older and sprouting less and less. These were on sale. Just in case they don't arrive or sprout, I'm going to order Expert Seeds "Zombie Virus", a high yielding, 100% indica. I grew it in 2017, this is a perfect strain for LED lights. Check out my grow on RIU. I did a poor job growing it then and it was still good- I said in that thread somewhere I was going to grow this one again and do it right the next time. Maybe sooner than later.......
Ouch man.

These cheap things may help in the future. Or something like it.

sshz

sshz

2AM Thursday.......I going to put up some comments tonight so all I'll have to do tomorrow is take some pictures and post them, since I'll be busy. Today is 4 weeks done flowering, 5 weeks for the Platinum Tangie leaning plants to finish and 6 weeks for the Golden Goat leaners. I still may take them all to 70 days.

1. The smell has gotten stronger the last couple of days. It will be hard to mask it towards the end I'm guessing. It's "penetrating"......

2. There's some height differences along with growth pattern differences on both sides of the room. There's supposedly 5 different pheno's, although I can only find 3 of them to be honest. I know there's a super tall one, spindly one that's ultra rare- I don't have one of those. I think the multiple defoliations probably ended up hiding some of the traits.

3. I have netting to put up for the plants but the branches are so woody and firm, I'm not sure it's needed. Rasta Jeff in the podcast said they definitely bulk up big so make sure you help support them- I'll probably do this over the weekend.

4. I thought with LED's you were supposed to water less. I'm hear to tell you I'm watering twice as much now than with the HPS????? I love the fact that they're drinking a lot because it means they're growing a lot too. I think I'll lightly flush with some Botanicare Tea tomorrow night and keep the ppm below 200 or so. So I'm running two 500 ppm feedings and than a mild flush of fresh water on the 3rd day.

5. In the day with lights on, I'm averaging almost 82 degrees and 47% humidity. At night, it drops into the 70's but the humidity rises when the dehumidifier auto shuts off when it becomes filled early in the morning.

I'm trying hard not to get too excited right now, as there's still 6 weeks to go and things just happen sometimes. I'm still babying them and spending a lot of time daily in the room doing things. History tells me things are about to "explode" with massive growth. This is when it becomes really FUN- when the buds really start to grow and develop in size.

Pic's up in the morning...............

And not 1 hint of orange, tangerine or grapefruit at this point.......... pic's up in the morning.

sshz

sshz

IMG 1201

Madmax

Madmax

You gonna give them another hair cut.they look like they havnt been touched..gotta b something in your water lol in your neck of the woods 🌲🌲🌲

Madmax

Madmax

Haha.its gotta be...there growth is remarkable..i reckon if you didnt give them a haircut or cuts i should say there would even more transpiration happening ,the dehuey would b filling so fast.

sshz

sshz

The dehumidifier is already working double time............. just to keep up. I still believe more exhaust will be necessary at some point in the future. I'm also curious how the room reacts in the winter, where outside humidity won't be as bad. Right now, it's like 85% or higher outside everyday- I live on the Chesapeake Bay and high humidity is a constant thru early Oct.- winters tend to be more mild though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The dehumidifier is already working double time............. just to keep up. I still believe more exhaust will be necessary at some point in the future. I'm also curious how the room reacts in the winter, where outside humidity won't be as bad. Right now, it's like 85% or higher outside everyday- I live on the Chesapeake Bay and high humidity is a constant thru early Oct.- winters tend to be more mild though.
if you have control of the temps you can slow down the temp drop after lights out to reduce that humidity spike. Also most have the ability to hook up a drain hose. If you put it up on a bucket or something then run a drain hose to a 5gal you should make it through the night no problem. Just some thoughts in not sure maybe you have already looked at?

sshz

sshz

The temperature drop isn't worrisome, as it's less than 10 degrees from high to low. The humidifier is already running about 20 hours a day, I'm not sure if running it another couple of hours before lights on would make much of a difference. What I'm currently thinking about is how to get the humidity into the 30-40% range for late in flowering, which will reduce any chance of mold and help the THC pop more.

In thinking about it, I'm also not running the exhaust system at night, which I guess I'll have to start doing soon enough......... and I'm watering in the evening, instead of doing it first thing in the morning. Some changes will be necessary eventually, still I can't complain as healthy as everything is.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The temperature drop isn't worrisome, as it's less than 10 degrees from high to low. The humidifier is already running about 20 hours a day, I'm not sure if running it another couple of hours before lights on would make much of a difference. What I'm currently thinking about is how to get the humidity into the 30-40% range for late in flowering, which will reduce any chance of mold and help the THC pop more.

In thinking about it, I'm also not running the exhaust system at night, which I guess I'll have to start doing soon enough......... and I'm watering in the evening, instead of doing it first thing in the morning. Some changes will be necessary eventually, still I can't complain as healthy as everything is.
Ok. I was just thinking if the dehumidifier is having trouble keeping up then when the lights go off the temps drops fast and that leads to a spike in humidity and can reach 100% for a while since humidity is relative to temperature. This is usually how you get mold/fungus. Not so much the overall RH. I bet if you go in about 20-40min after lights out you see humidity of 80%+ but that's just a guess. I wasn't meaning that the temps would be an issue but more so the humidity spike that comes along with the temp changes. So if you have the ability to slow the temp drop it will help the dehuey keep up

sshz

sshz

Gottcha..........When lights are turned off, the humidity is around 47%. The dehumidifier is running, putting off warm air so the temps don't really drop any UNTIL the dehumidifier shuts down early morning. Then the temps cool off at bit, the humidity rises slowly. I think leaving the exhaust on all night will help. Leaving a fan on (room fan, not the exhaust fan) will help too.........

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gottcha..........When lights are turned off, the humidity is around 47%. The dehumidifier is running, putting off warm air so the temps don't really drop any UNTIL the dehumidifier shuts down early morning. Then the temps cool off at bit, the humidity rises slowly. I think leaving the exhaust on all night will help. Leaving a fan on (room fan, not the exhaust fan) will help too.........
Yup sounds like ya got it covered 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom