Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Interesting video............ I'll have to watch it a few more times to fully understand everything but it does show how much more efficient LED's are vs. HPS.in growing plants - actually around 33-35%% more efficient. It just means that much of the light being produced by HPS bulbs is not usable by the plants. As he said, it's all still a work in progress as they further study the UV spectrum's effects on growing.

the rrock

the rrock

If anyone shops at True North Seed bank in Ontario, Canada or orders from there, I have a discount code for 30% off. It should be good once under you name.

"TNSB30"
good deal,wished i woulda known sooner,just stocked up on the "canuk cookies",grown 3-4 of these every summer last few years and they continue to amaze.. Gonna run some indoors and see how it goes,outdoors =huge yield with the "wow" factor after first hit and beautiful buds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Interesting video............ I'll have to watch it a few more times to fully understand everything but it does show how much more efficient LED's are vs. HPS.in growing plants - actually around 33-35%% more efficient. It just means that much of the light being produced by HPS bulbs is not usable by the plants. As he said, it's all still a work in progress as they further study the UV spectrum's effects on growing.

Close. It means that less light and more heat per watt with hps. More light and less heat per watt led. Not all the light is usable by the plant in either case. But more usable plant light in the fuller spectrum of led.

I think I have that right. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good question. I notice the blue is peak over a short ranges of spectrums but the red is over a much broader range. Leading to more red overall. Looks like some work went into the emerson effect.

The gavita is marketed as a full cycle lamp and HLG has specific lamps for veg and bloom or full cycle.

All seem to have uva, 660nm and now 730nm for new versions.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Close. It means that less light and more heat per watt with hps. More light and less heat per watt led. Not all the light is usable by the plant in either case. But more usable plant light in the fuller spectrum of led.

I think I have that right. ;-)
Haha you know you have that right bro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Haha you know you have that right bro

What i dont know and the led companies wouldnt say is how much actual usable plant light and how much wasted light with hps and led. Of course its different with all the led variables and some with hps like hortilux and ushio spectrums etc.

And is Bruce talking about single or double ended 1000 hps? I believe double has a better spectrum? Or is it just longevity?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The gavita is marketed as a full cycle lamp and HLG has specific lamps for veg and bloom or full cycle.

Man I have been trying to find a way to get the agromax pure UV up here to Canada. So cheap and such a good bulb by specs. I still think yes UVA is helpful to photosynthesis but UVB is where the trich production and THC increase comes from in terms of UV. And led is just not there yet with UVB.

And I'm growing with v1 288 3000k boards 😞 i still love them but feel like I could be doing significantly better. First decision here will be fluence or gavita... So sorry for the brain picking and thread clutter @sshz but your grow is important to me.

I can sit quietly if ya like 😉

sshz

sshz

I also think one of the differences in the gavita vs the HLG is the gavita has a lot more diodes, but their drivers are set not to push the diodes at max capacity for longer life. This is why they offer a 5 year warranty, vs. most of the others who only offer a 3 year.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man I have been trying to find a way to get the agromax pure UV up here to Canada. So cheap and such a good bulb by specs. I still think yes UVA is helpful to photosynthesis but UVB is where the trich production and THC increase comes from in terms of UV. And led is just not there yet with UVB.

And I'm growing with v1 288 3000k boards 😞 i still love them but feel like I could be doing significantly better. First decision here will be fluence or gavita... So sorry for the brain picking and thread clutter @sshz but your grow is important to me.

I can sit quietly if ya like 😉

Me too. :-(

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I also think one of the differences in the gavita vs the HLG is the gavita has a lot more diodes, but their drivers are set not to push the diodes at max capacity for longer life. This is why they offer a 5 year warranty, vs. most of the others who only offer a 3 year.

Yeah gavita went all out for power and efficiency for sure. They had a rep to protect. Always been top of the game.

sshz

sshz

What is your watering schedule/preferences. How do you deal with watering further plants?

I assume you are directing the question to me, although others should feel free to pipe in if they wish..........

My watering schedule is to water when the plants feel dry, but before wilting. With the addition of the dehumidifier, I am watering everyday, just not every plant. But if it's dry, it gets watered. I currently went back up to 650 ppm, but am doing a "fresh water only" watering every 3rd or 4th watering. I let the plants tell me when they want more or less fertilizer, I look at leaf tips, greenness of the leaves, leaf angles, etc and just let my experience guide the way.

Regarding the watering process, I hand water which means getting down on my hands and knees and reach the far corners with a watering can. I've set up auto watering before, and even did many years of hydroponics- I just like to get in with the plants, look around, clean up things, etc. Just my personal preference. It also helps me keep in shape by carrying water around, bending and stretching, etc. I'm old, I need the exercise.

sshz

sshz

The Gavita's are made by Intertek, they sell lighting in every country in the world I believe. I was told by someone (I can't remember who) that the lights are assembled in the US, although I am not sure all the parts are produced in the US. Intertek has made many of the timers I have used over the years, I recognized the name. The lights DO NOT say anything about Mexico or any other country, nor does the box. I know they are USA assembled.

Anthem

Anthem

The Gavita's are made by Intertek, they sell lighting in every country in the world I believe. I was told by someone (I can't remember who) that the lights are assembled in the US, although I am not sure all the parts are produced in the US. Intertek has made many of the timers I have used over the years, I recognized the name. The lights DO NOT say anything about Mexico or any other country, nor does the box. I know they are USA assembled.
If I am not mistaken Intertek is an underwriting service. They function much in the same capacity as UL, underwriting the products delivered meet or exceed listing requirements. I have to work with them on a regular bases for work stuff.

sshz

sshz

I just went back thru the lights and boxes- the lights don't say anything but Anthem does appear to be correct- it looks more like an inspection label on the actual light. The box, on the other hand, does say "MANUFACTURED IN MEXICO". So Anthem is correct on both counts.

Anthem

Anthem

I just went back thru the lights and boxes- the lights don't say anything but Anthem does appear to be correct- it looks more like an inspection label on the actual light. The box, on the other hand, does say "MANUFACTURED IN MEXICO". So Anthem is correct on both counts.
It is really hard to understand the whole thing unless you have first hand knowledge. The Intertek label is probably the largest label on the whole darn light. They are a cash cow, meaning they charge a small fortune to test and list products.
sshz I got a first hand look at the 1700 vs the 1650 a few weeks ago. Completely different light. From LED count to surface mounted LED with no cover and about 5 other things.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

What i dont know and the led companies wouldnt say is how much actual usable plant light and how much wasted light with hps and led. Of course its different with all the led variables and some with hps like hortilux and ushio spectrums etc.

And is Bruce talking about single or double ended 1000 hps? I believe double has a better spectrum? Or is it just longevity?

There is a difference with the DE HPS vs single ended HPS at least in my experience, I can noticeably by a fair bit out grow the Single ended HPS with my DE HPS , a lot of variables though, and my variables in my room grow/ style maybe more suited for DE.

But thats a good point , it crossed my mined as well if Bruce was talking single or DE bulbs, I didn't watch it word for word , but Bruce also said he had a pane of glass under the HPS light, That can be a 10% reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom