Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Sorry, I forgot to mention about decarbing the bud first. I make sure it's pretty dry anyway, then place it in the oven under low heat, around 225 degrees, for 10-15 minutes. Although most people do it longer (like 30 minutes), I worry about the accuracy of my oven temps and don't want to burn off the THC (which I have done once or twice- LOL). Either way, the bud comes out dry as a bone. Just treat it nicely so the trichomes don't go flying everywhere. I have done the recipe with hash too, among other things. It all works, it's just trial and error as to how much. Just know, no matter what you use- the more you put in there, the stronger they will be. The candy molds I use are bigger than an actual gummie bear size- you may need to take two of them at that size. I have some larger molds that hold more, and they can make me comatose, unable to move. I've warned you guys already.......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry, I forgot to mention about decarbing the bud first. I make sure it's pretty dry anyway, then place it in the oven under low heat, around 225, for 10-15 minutes. Although most people do it longer (like 30 minutes), I worry about the accuracy of my oven temps and don't want to burn off the THC (which I have done once or twice- LOL). Either way, the bud comes out dry as a bone. Just treat it nicely so the trichomes don't go flying everywhere. I have done the recipe with hash too, among other things. It all works, it's just trial and error as to how much. Just know, no matter what you use- the more you put in there, the stronger they will be. The candy molds I use are bigger than an actual gummie bear size- you may need two of them. I have some larger molds that hold more, and they make me comatose, unable to move. I've warned you guys already.......
Thank you sir.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

decarb is good..you should always decarb
I do... thats why all my stuff is already decarbed. I seen the cook for 3 hrs so I was wondering if he was including the decarb with that. Kinda seems like he is for the moat part. So I may get away with less heat on the jello is kinda why I was curious. I'll have to play with it. I always use cheescloth to strain as I find its works best.

sshz

sshz

The green size are my normal daily night time size. The red ones are when I want a 20% boost and they get me very high. The yellow ones are the comatose size. The orange ones I don't use often, I don't know why.

I don't like using cheesecloth, it's very messy. I actually use a small cocaine strainer, which is metal and very fine. I put the wet pot in it, and use a small spoon to push the oil thru it into a small bowl. It's quite effective in separating the oil from the pot.

Just so you know, I haven't done cocaine in many, many years.........it was just laying around and is fine enough to work well. A group of us used to have a "lines and lanes" night- we'd rent out lanes at 3AM in the morning, just bowling and doing lines. Those were the good (and not so good) times in my 20's..........

Last edited:
lilnew

lilnew

I do... thats why all my stuff is already decarbed. I seen the cook for 3 hrs so I was wondering if he was including the decarb with that. Kinda seems like he is for the moat part. So I may get away with less heat on the jello is kinda why I was curious. I'll have to play with it. I always use cheescloth to strain as I find its works best.
i use a crock pot with an automatic stirring shit to make my cana infused oils cuz i'm lazy like that...lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i use a crock pot with an automatic stirring shit to make my cana infused oils cuz i'm lazy like that...lol
Thats what I have done with butter but I think his double boiler would be a lot more reliable.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

If you use a crockpot, you should add a cup or two of water to the pot/butter/oil whatever. This will insure the mix doesn't get too hot and burn the mix. Then when finished, let it sit a while and the oil will separate from the water and harden. Then you can pour off the water, and you're ready to go with the oil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you use a crockpot, you should add a cup or two of water to the pot/butter/oil whatever. This will insure the mix doesn't get too hot and burn the mix. Then when finished, let it sit a while and the oil will separate from the water and harden. Then you can pour off the water, and you're ready to go with the oil.
Yuo exactly what I do

lilnew

lilnew

exactly my style my frd....i also clarify the butter first

sshz

sshz

Report back in an hour with a buzz report.......what strain(s) did you use and how much?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was thinking of dusting em in icing sugar? To keep them from sticking?

Have a best practice for storing them?

sshz

sshz

This is a common occurrence and still happens to me once in a while. It will not affect the gummies at all, just keep them in the fridge for long life. What you did wrong was, not cook it long enough after adding the oil to the mix. When I pour it in the mold, I can tell right away if it will happen cause the oil is lighter and you will see it still separated in the pot when pouring into the mold.

Again, it won't make a difference in the gummies- they just won't be as pretty. When done right, you can put the gummies in your pocket and they won't melt. With the oil exposed as it is, at the top of the gummie, you won't be able to do that cause the oil melts easily.

So next time, add a minute more of cooking after adding the oil. You also need to stir the mix really well as you add the oil, as this will help them blend together better. Just keep stirring it until you pour it to the mold. So you know, EVERYONE has the same problem the first time they make them, myself included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom