Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracken

Cracken

I was going to suggest that the winner of the weigh off would get to pick for the next grow but that would be to late to by the time its dried I am sure the next batch will be popped and opening their eyes, Sweet Zombie would have been my vote also

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
IMO little bit of light stress with low RH. But its about what you want to see. You know your maxing em out bit still not bleaching or harming them. That response is a plants way to reduce light capture. But like I say not necessarily a bad thing. I like to see that on the top few sets of leaves to know I'm pushing them to what they can handle. With a slightly higher RH I found I can get away with a little more light. But thats just my opinion. @sshz may see it differently

Yea, that's what I've been doing also since we talked. Here's how I've been doing it. (is this too much?) some of the one's along the edges and the smaller ones don't get hit quite as much, but I'm really dialing them down as much as I can, as long as the plant seems to handle it. It's really making them soak up a bunch more water, and I can tell in the size that there going to do much better than the parents, so that could be genetics I've changed, but the technique is helping for sure.

I push them, but I also have been letting them rest a few hours a day, and sometimes dialing it back when it's hot, or they seem a little stressed. I keep any "stressed plants" in the lower light areas.

I got a feeling this is going to vastly improve my overall resin production also. Certainly helped with increased nodes, and penetration.

IMG 20200902 221451
IMG 20200902 221440
IMG 20200902 221446
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This plant goes tomorrow...............

View attachment 1024387

Yea, your taco's just look like they've been standing in the same position a bit longer, and certainly mine are not more extreme than yours, so that's a big relief, because your flowers look great. I do think genetics has a lot to do with it, especially leaf shapes, especially long narrow ones.

sshz

sshz

If it's Thursday, it must be week 9 of flowering is now over. I'll put up a room video tomorrow morning. With another week to go, I suspect there will still be 4-6 plants not finished to my liking and I'll be forced to set them up under a 600 watt HPS for another week or so. Not much I can do about that, just another big question mark for Irie Seeds as to their stated flowering times. The drying plants are both releasing some nice grapefruit undertones, and I'll probably find the most dried bud on Saturday and smoke a fattie before the Kentucky Derby.

Turkish Cookies will be next in line.......just kidding, Sweet Zombie will be next and it will only take me a day to knock the room down, hang the reflective plastic, remove the Big Blue Ozone device, wipe the LED's down to clean off the dust, add the two new 125 cfm exhaust fans on the ceiling and put a new tarp down on the floor. Then mix the soil and I'll be ready to go. I'm still not sure what other changes I'll make (especially regarding CO2) but I suspect the yield will be beyond my expectations and I won't need CO2 but maybe down the road I'll add it.

I'll have to consider a plan for defoliating the Sweet Zombie but a lolipopping is definitely in the cards. I'm 90% sure I'll end up topping them fairly early too and just veg a bit longer than normal. It's a fairly slow grower early on, but it more than doubles in flowering.

Back in the morning.........

Madmax

Madmax

I allways go for the underdog in aussie rules footy so i would of picked turkish cookies..b good cookies one side zombie the other..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I believe the reason for the tacoing is 2-fold............ one is genetics, since Rasta Jeff said it's common at the end with this strain and 2) lack of Cal/Mag since I use a reverse osmosis device. It's not a worry though, with a short time to go.

What's the reverse osmosis device got to do with it? Please elaborate on that a little please.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Let the apocalypse begin.... zombie 😷

Notice how I did my part safe posting lol.

Disclaimer for the record I have no position nor feel like debating any positions on masks... it was meant to be humorous.
I'll vote for the zombie also, LOL, the disclaimer is funny, I must have missed some drama.

sshz

sshz

Water out of the tap aluminum, arsenic, copper, iron, lead, pesticides, herbicides, uranium, and more normally has a bunch of things in it, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper and a bunch of nasty's like aluminum, arsenic, pesticides, herbicides, uranium, etc., etc............ a normal reverse osmosis device (mine has 4 stages) does a good job of stripping all these out of the water. My pre-device water has a ppm of around 240, after the device it comes out around 10-20 ppm.

So tap water will have some Cal/Mag in it, but not after running it thru the device. My plants are showing more Cal/Mag deficiencies now because it's being stripped out of the water I'm watering with and I'm not adding any of that the last 2 weeks. People who use these devices normally have to add 5-10ml per gallon of Cal/Mag to ward off any deficiencies like tacoing.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Water out of the tap aluminum, arsenic, copper, iron, lead, pesticides, herbicides, uranium, and more normally has a bunch of things in it, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper and a bunch of nasty's like aluminum, arsenic, pesticides, herbicides, uranium, etc., etc............ a normal reverse osmosis device (mine has 4 stages) does a good job of stripping all these out of the water. My pre-device water has a ppm of around 240, after the device it comes out around 10-20 ppm.

So tap water will have some Cal/Mag in it, but not after running it thru the device. My plants are showing more Cal/Mag deficiencies now because it's being stripped out of the water I'm watering with and I'm not adding any of that the last 2 weeks. People who use these devices normally have to add 5-10ml per gallon of Cal/Mag to ward off any deficiencies like tacoing.

Got it, mine are obviously heading along that continuum also. I added thing like bone meal and Dolomite Lime . I probably just need to adjust my amendment ratio's during the mixing process in the future, but it might always be a problem, who knows. The purpling stems and leaf certain shows it clearly is an issue.

I've been hitting them with calmag in the roots and some folars also, added a little more amendments on top.

I'm using a 5 stage system for a few years now, I installed and maintain myself. Here in Seattle my pre filtrate is not much higher than my post, both in the low 20 ppm.

sshz

sshz

With 4 days into drying the 1st plant, I trimmed it up today to remove a lot of stem to help the process along. Right now it weighs 5 oz, 6 grams trimmed. So, even if I lose another oz in drying (which I won't), it will be over 4 oz weight for the 1st plant when it's ready. The room yield may be a show stopper in the end. I'll keep reporting on it as it continues to dry.

I suspect in the end- it will exhibit great yield and ease of growth, but no orange and a weak sativa buzz.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
With 4 days into drying the 1st plant, I trimmed it up today to remove a lot of stem to help the process along. Right now it weighs 5 oz, 6 grams trimmed. So, even if I lose another oz in drying (which I won't), it will be over 4 oz weight for the 1st plant when it's ready. The room yield may be a show stopper in the end. I'll keep reporting on it as it continues to dry.

I suspect in the end- it will exhibit great yield and ease of growth, but no orange and a weak sativa buzz.
Holy crap. Hope you are wrong on the buzz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom