Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Honestly, I'm more shocked than anyone............. 100 0z under 1290 watts of LED. I don't think you can ever again question if LED can out perform HPS any more. Quality is definitely better overall too.......sticky top to bottom.

Thats more than twice what i have done under 1200 watts of se hps.

Although if there os a noticable quality difference you may have had too much radiant heat on them with the hps.

I can match cmh quality simply by moving the plants away from the light a few inches during ripening. I am sure it is radiant heat from the bulbs on the weakening plants reducing quality.

sshz

sshz

I'll start up the Sweet Zombie thread this week sometime, but the real question I have is how much has to do with the strain being a heavy yielder? Sweet Zombie is supposedly a heavy yielder too, but I only got 55 oz under two HPS in 2017, but I threw bags and bags of low fluff out not wanting to deal with it. If I can duplicate these results, 1) I can probably go down to 3 crops a year instead of 4 and 2) the strain becomes less important because only average yielders should still get me 60+ oz under these lights.

I'm also positive defoliation made a world of difference in yield and quality. I'll have to study up on the subject more and listen to the podcast again for a refresher. Timing is important, and I kind of randomly picked off leaves with no real plan. Normally, I believe the most experienced in it defoliate just at the beginning of flowering and then again deeper into flowering. The Zombie is VERY leafy too- so no doubt some adjustments will need to be made.

And yes, I believe the highest guess was 89 and I'm 99% he'll be the winner. I need to check back to the chart and grab a name.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Oh.......LOL

I believe I read 4 inches from the ceiling is acceptable.......... just enough distance to allow some air flow.

I just smoked a bowl of hash.......... and boy, my lungs are tired. LOL Tasty stuff, for sure.

And, I also noticed today that many of the plants still going are pretty much done below the canopy, it's just the tops of the plants that need to catch up. I felt a lot better after seeing that.
Man I love finger hash, LOL, smoke it almost everytime, it's almost a right of passage.

sshz

sshz

Personally, I'd smoked hash long before I'd ever smoke regular buds........it tastes better, less carcinogens, stronger effects and way more fun.......LOL I'll be scraping up some when the buds become well dried, and I'll take video showing the process in the next thread.

Taurid

Taurid

Congrats on the whole grow, learned some great data. Can't wait for the final tally. I don't remember seeing much talk of nutrition, or maybe I keep missing it.

sshz

sshz

You missed it...........

Bottom line though, I believe less is more. I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Veg and Bloom. I add Botanicare Cal/Mag too. Passed that, nothing else but some teas here and there. I never went above 700 ppm in the grow, and was using fresh water (no ferts) every 3rd watering. I always added at least 5ml of Cal/Mag though. I don't believe in adding a lot of extra stuff because I believe it causes other issues.....KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). If you have some specific questions, I'm sure they'd get answered.

sshz

sshz

I chopped 4 more plants today, which leaves 7 plants to go at day 74 in flowering and still probably needing a week to finish. I also cleaned out the room top to bottom, now i just need to wipe down the lights, remove the big blue ozone device and then make the changes for my 2nd LED grow which will be 1) hang 95% reflective plastic on the walls, 2) install 2 new 120 CFM exhaust ceiling fans and 3) put a new tarp down on the floor. Then I'll be ready to mix up my pro-mix soil and start the seeds.

The remaining plants were moved to another room under a 1000 watt HPS light........... I need to get these finished so I'll probably let them go til the weekend and then chopped them no matter what they look like. They are all pretty far along obviously, just not done to my liking.

I did want to mention how unhappy i am with Irie Seeds..... at this point, 29% of the plants still need more time- totally unacceptable. I'd stand clear of Irie, as his strain descriptions suck i.e. flowering times, no orange or tangerine in the strain, will no longer respond to questions about the strain, and the wide range of pheno's. Low marks in all the categories...........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I did want to mention how unhappy i am with Irie Seeds..... at this point, 29% of the plants still need more time- totally unacceptable. I'd stand clear of Irie, as his strain descriptions suck i.e. flowering times, no orange or tangerine in the strain, will no longer respond to questions about the strain, and the wide range of pheno's. Low marks in all the categories...........
Except yield and the tips re: defoliation, I assume. But yes, I am shocked at the flowering time spread and very especially the lack of orange in the strain. The second one in a strain called Orange Gasm is just absurd. And huge yields with long flowering times kind of even out....

I also notice you got your work done before MNF.... 🙃

sshz

sshz

Growing is my daytime job......... 7 hours today cutting and trimming 4 plants, setting up the new room, staking the 7 plants so they didn’t fall over when I moved them in, watering and then cleaning up the area where I trimmed and clean out the old room to get ready for the next crop. The wife gave me shit becuse I didn’t do work outside today i.e. mowing, trimming, taking down a dead tree, etc. WTF! I gave her shit right back, at 64- what the fuck does she expect. And it’s an “on” night tonight, if you get my drift. Lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You missed it...........

Bottom line though, I believe less is more. I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Veg and Bloom. I add Botanicare Cal/Mag too. Passed that, nothing else but some teas here and there. I never went above 700 ppm in the grow, and was using fresh water (no ferts) every 3rd watering. I always added at least 5ml of Cal/Mag though. I don't believe in adding a lot of extra stuff because I believe it causes other issues.....KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). If you have some specific questions, I'm sure they'd get answered.
For me especially, I think it's easy to get far too aggressive with fert regimes and nutrients, I think a middle road is by far the best overall approach, and this grow kinda confirms that to some degree. I'm not saying being aggressive doesn't help in specific instances, but it's really easy to cross that line, whereas it starts to inhibit growth.

I think more than anything, what I took away from your grow here, is the fundamental importance of lighting sources.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In no particular order........... strain, lights and defoliation were the keys to this grow.

Im sure you stated earlier but may I ask what temp you kept your canopy? And with no co2 i am amazed at the production.

sshz

sshz

To be honest, I checked 1 time the entire grow. LOL Someone early in the grow asked me to measure, and I think it was mid 70's somewhere. I really spent most of my time keeping the room temps right at 82 degrees and keeping the humidity at 50% or thereabouts. Past that, I never measured anything else.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To be honest, I checked 1 time the entire grow. LOL Someone early in the grow asked me to measure, and I think it was mid 70's somewhere. I really spent most of my time keeping the room temps right at 82 degrees and keeping the humidity at 50% or thereabouts. Past that, I never measured anything else.

Thats really what i meant. Room temp. Im wondering if i can run my hps next to aquamans hlg lamp. I dont like the room temp above 78.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thats really what i meant. Room temp. Im wondering if i can run my hps next to aquamans hlg lamp. I dont like the room temp above 78.
Yea, I"m actually shooting for 72-75 there about right now, but 78 would be around my upper limits as well, I think anything above that is counterproductive.

For me, regulating temps can be a real problem. I don't have enough power requirements to run the AC unit on top of my lighting sources at full power, it overloads my electric, so I'm forced to choose between keeping the temps down, and giving the lights a rest, in the summer it's problematic, but the rest of the seasons it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom