Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

• Thread starter IrishBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrishBoy

hey guy's and gals by now most of you know me, but if not i am Irish Boy

i am a Medical Card Holder, with a prescription from a doctor to grow cannabis for my Medical Conditions.

for the last 3 grows ive been using lights. On both of those grow's they have treated really good. (check my sig to see my other led journals.)

well guys and gals i am back at it again! This time i have some new grow toys. heres a little info about this new grow.

STRAIN: Casey Jones

LIGHTS: Two 500w lights from

MEDIUM: Roots Organic Soil

POT SIZE: 5gal Lowes buckets

# OF PLANTS: 6

FANS: S&P 6" Vent fans

Nutrients: As i see fit? Dyna-Gro and Organics mixed.

if someone is looking for one of these lights, i made a deal with the owner for my thread supporters to get a discount, just tell him you follow Irish boys threads and heard about a discount offer.

I grew some Casey Jones on a past grow and they ended up dieing on me and had to cut them 5 weeks into bloom, so this the (Revenge Of Casey Jones).

i started these clones off under the 1st gen 2011 GLH spectra 240w lights and will keep them under these lights until their big enough to throw them under this insanely bright (2011) Spectra 500w light witch i have two of them.lol. this thing is a beast!!

heres is some pics of my baby girls i raised.

Irish boys 2011 spectra led grow revenge of casey jones
Irish boys 2011 spectra led grow revenge of casey jones 2
Irish boys 2011 spectra led grow revenge of casey jones 3
I

IrishBoy

Heres the New 2011 Spectra 500w.. they are insanely bright, i couldn't even come close to looking into them, i had to walk backwards to turn it off. they are crazy crazy bright, my friend almost fell to the ground because it caught him off guard. when its hanging in the room its not so bad as long as ur above the light but for these pics it was insane bright!! please please wear sunglasses with these lights.

heres some side x side pics next to my old 360w light. the 500w is on the left and the 360w is on the right. the pics dont even do it justice. my 4x4 tray is lite up crazy now. this is going to be very nice.

here is a link to my old journal on here.
if you Google my name i have a ton of led grows on the web.

100 4885
100 4884
P

papadop

Damn Irish, gotta wear shades.:) I will miss the Guiness reflectors though. Subbd

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
im on this iirish, great skills from past grows..

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
cant say I have, someone will know from the farm.

R

Rancor

Sub'd. Seen you around at Rollitup. Keep fighting the good fight for LEDs.

I

IrishBoy

heres a update on the little girls, their showing their 80% sativa and growing fast. Seems these girls want more food then whats in the soil, feed them last night with some silica and dyna-gro. not sure if these girls are making them eat more, but new growth is starting to get a little yellow? most people say not to seed for a few weeks with the roots soil and this is only my 2nd watering.lol

100 4911
100 4912
100 4916
100 4917
I

IrishBoy

Hey everyone.. I had some thoughts i wanted to share with you guys..

I see that a lot of people are pretty much stuck on wattage versus price. This is ok but not accurate when it comes to deciding on what to by and how much to spend.

I use 12 wavelengths, I have trade marked True Spectrum™ so that I can prove and back up that my panels actually use true 12 wavelengths.

Now with that said, using different colored chips costs more, especially when using 12 different nanometers. That has to be taken into account when figuring costs.

I could easily make a panel that draws 500w and use 2, 3 or 4 wavelengths and sell them for much less but then I would be cheating you guys.

I also want to stress the fact that true 3w chips (45mL chipsets) that i use cost much more than 1w chips. I promise you guys im not trying to be mean are start trouble with other companies but you guys have to know that 99% of the companies out there especially the new ones are not using the true stated wavelengths and 3w chips. What most are using is 1w chips some .5w and saying they are 3w. How would you most of you guys ever know when you order what your really getting? This is exactly why and how they take advantage of people with false marketing and flat out lies. I have talked to many of the suppliers from china and I have been told that most companies dont use more than 4 wavelengths in there lights, they wont tell me which companies though.

I stand by what I say and I want the truth to be known, you can buy whatever you guys feel like but know the truth when your comparing my panels to others out there.

And as a side note not one single led company out there every came to me respectfully and say 'hey Mike you have a pretty nice panel but i think I have developed one that might give you a run for your money' and I would respectfully reply back with a suggestion for a side by side are just wish them good luck on there business venture. Instead I get attached constantly and its getting old. I do not respect anyone who comes at me like that. Thats why I will always defend myself and my company.

Some of you want to know the foot print of my new 2011 lights so here you go:

Spectra LED 100w 2x2

Spectra LED 180w 2.5x2.5

Spectra LED 290w 3x3

Spectra LED 500w 4x4

I know this might sound a little surprising to you guys but the panels even though they are rectangular, they put a circular core foot print, at least this is what i have noticed when shining the light on a flat white surface. So I guess you can take the figures above an apply them as a diameter.

Heres some info the owner of GLH posted on one of my journals and thought maybe some of you would like to see this? hope this could be some help on some of your questions?

I

IrishBoy

heres some pics of the girls in their new home. things went pretty good from what i could tell? the Roots soil already was pretty moist from the bag so i did feed them witch i wanted to, but dont want to drown the girls the 1st night. this should clear up the PH issues i was having in the soil on a few plants. i think since they were in those beer cups some did have allot of lime in them and it let the soil PH dip down too low on a few of them. so hoping this will clear things up and green the girls? the 2 little plants in the beer cups on each side, are going to get tossed, they look tore up and just never had it from the get go, they were bad cuttings.

100 4919
100 4921
100 4924
100 4926
100 4927
I

IrishBoy

heres some pics of the little ones. the new growth is still getting better their just growing very slow right now.. i took a pic in natural light to show how the leds make them look much worse and highlights the details, she is my best looking girl i have now. this is what happens when you dont test the PH of the soil before you use it. never buy Roots Organic soil again.. waiting on the new cutting to root should be the end of this week? the added Dolomite lime has seen to help, i checked one of the girls that needed water and its run off went from the PH out of the bag at 5.2 to 6.3.. it was a major quality control issue, no soil should be PH of 5.2 out of the bag. really hurt these girls and locked them up fact, but time will tell on how they do at the end of the day? just a waste of time though

100 4990
100 4991
100 4992
100 4996

321abc

Thank for starting another journal and looking forward to your results IB. Keep up the good work and hope ya got my pm.

I

IrishBoy

Thank for starting another journal and looking forward to your results IB. Keep up the good work and hope ya got my pm.

thanks bro, trying to do my best but this Root Organic soil really hurt my girls with 5.3PH out the bag and the whole bag was full of gnats. never again ill use that stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom