Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

• Thread starter IrishBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

DAMN that's hot;(
What's the humidity like in there??
I've read that some people feed the plant more nutes due to the lack of lumens coming from the LEDs and some feed only 1/2 the max dose as they would under HIDs do to the lack off heat/stress the plant goes through not being under the warm HIDs
What's your opinion on this how do you feed?

I

IrishBoy

DAMN that's hot;(
What's the humidity like in there??
I've read that some people feed the plant more nutes due to the lack of lumens coming from the LEDs and some feed only 1/2 the max dose as they would under HIDs do to the lack off heat/stress the plant goes through not being under the warm HIDs
What's your opinion on this how do you feed?

its 96F* right now and RH is under 20%

i always feed the same with my leds not sure about other lights though?

I

IrishBoy

another day of 95F in the room and its not even close to being as hot as its going to be.lol. its going to be 110F in that room.lol

heres the girls at 1 week under the spectra 500 light. ive only fed with VF-11 the whole time and just once with seaweed and bio roots, but just fed with some VF-11 today. not PHing with the VF-11 as it brings my PH to 6.8. it seems to flex up and down the PH range and i think thats its trick to how it works hit a wide range of PH to make every thing taken in? IDK but as you can see it seems to work and remember i am in a soiless mix thats not packed with food like soil.

i am very happy with the growth so far its seems very fast and they just love the light. look how healthy they are for already being that hot

100 5055
100 5056
100 5057
100 5059
100 5062
100 5064
LEDhead

LEDhead

Get some humidity in there :) needs to be like 30-35% at least, lower humidity when you flower, the plant uses humidity to up take boron that might be what's causing the yellowing, and that's pretty hot is it because the LEDs don't have an exhaulst port to exit the heat maybe get an inline fan and suck out some of that hot air, I understand that the LEDs don't emit a lot of radiant heat onto the leafs but it's still taking energy to fight off the excessive heat, get some DynaGro Pro TeKt if the temps stay that way it helps in drought and excessive heat issues

I

IrishBoy

Get some humidity in there :) needs to be like 30-35% at least, lower humidity when you flower, the plant uses humidity to up take boron that might be what's causing the yellowing, and that's pretty hot is it because the LEDs don't have an exhaulst port to exit the heat maybe get an inline fan and suck out some of that hot air, I understand that the LEDs don't emit a lot of radiant heat onto the leafs but it's still taking energy to fight off the excessive heat, get some DynaGro Pro TeKt if the temps stay that way it helps in drought and excessive heat issues

i already have all that stuff, the heats not really from the leds its 93F with lights out, just hot over here. their is no big yellowing like it looks like in the pics, its just how the leds make it look in pics. in natural light their all green, some reason the leds make things look like that in pics?

i have big intake and exhaust and been using proteck for years. i go threw this every summer, things will be ok i am sure. just fired up my swamp cooler to put some RH in their.

I

IrishBoy

here is a pic under more natural light to show how the leaves look, their even greener but the flash has to be on with taking pics with my camera and it makes it lighter looking. but just to show how the led lights make them look yellow in pics.

100 5066
hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

here is a pic under more natural light to show how the leaves look, their even greener but the flash has to be on with taking pics with my camera and it makes it lighter looking. but just to show how the led lights make them look yellow in pics.
Shit looks good, I agree with the lightness in color where new growth is under the led light. But overall thats the green i'm looking for, time to bring the lights closer for some tight node action. that swampcooler sound like it will help alot with the h:animbong:... good job...

hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

^if you get to keep that shit green with no leaf loss till the last 4-6 weeks of flowering bro; CJ's gonna be a beauty, stretch it to 3 ft. ..

B

bckwht

Hey irish love these grows man, you kill it every time with glh lights. i have the old 180w model, have to say it did not disappoint me at all. You've seen these lights on a bigger level so i though i'd ask ya what you think maybe 10 of the new 500s could do in a 10x10 climate controlled tent, run 40 plants in 5gal. I realize theres a ton of variables, but how do you feel YOU could do ?

I

IrishBoy

Shit looks good, I agree with the lightness in color where new growth is under the led light. But overall thats the green i'm looking for, time to bring the lights closer for some tight node action. that swampcooler sound like it will help alot with the h:animbong:... good job...

^if you get to keep that shit green with no leaf loss till the last 4-6 weeks of flowering bro; CJ's gonna be a beauty, stretch it to 3 ft. ..
ya their nice and green once i started to give them Dyna gro and silica. temps have been 100F in their already, they look great for those temps witch i am expecting some kind of leaf loss in those kind of temps. now the are getting a little stretchy on a few plants but what can you expect with 100F+ temps.lol. the heat will do that every time. i just transplanted them today into one gal pots, the roots were thick and packed. wish me the best of luck guys in these temps, ive pulled off 100F+ temps in the past with these lights but quality suffered a little because using cheap nutes. if i can pull this off then this can change high heat growing for all of us and support my theory of heat stress is mainly from HID radiant heat and not room heat. at the end its all about quality for me.
Hey irish love these grows man, you kill it every time with glh lights. i have the old 180w model, have to say it did not disappoint me at all. You've seen these lights on a bigger level so i though i'd ask ya what you think maybe 10 of the new 500s could do in a 10x10 climate controlled tent, run 40 plants in 5gal. I realize theres a ton of variables, but how do you feel YOU could do ?

bro that would be insane! i would love and i mean love to have that setup and i truly truly do think i could rock things out and just blow some minds with that setup, not to sound big headed or anything but ive seen what these lights do and my setup is no where near ideal anytime of the year, my grow room really sucks but its what i got. some day ill have a good setup. all i know is if you do that i would hit Mike up on that discount i was talking about for supporting my thread for sure bro and save some money. .

I

IrishBoy

heres my girls 2 weeks since ive had them. temps have been pretty bad this last week hitting 99.9F+. my meter only goes to 99.9F i believe? any was heres the highest the temp has been recorded on my meter and the lowest for this grow. my room runs about 3F more when the 500w light is one.

i just transplanted them yesterday to 1 gal pots, the roots were very nice and i let them go a little longer then they should have in the smaller pot i noticed because of them stretching, the very high temps dont help either.

i took a pic also of one of my runts, the flash on the camera makes them look more yellow then they are. with lights out they look green all around to me. just started feeding Dyna gro and some silica. will start to LST in the next few days.

light is about 25" about the tallest plant.

100 5081
100 5095
100 5091
100 5090
100 5093
hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

bro another nice update, the stretch is good and tight, with the dyna gro and silica combo dialed in and temps going koo-koo. good luck, im pulling for a easy harvest for you bro and some average 70*temp inside and outside for the summer. Pinch and whip some of them down. till we both learn how minimize the leaf loss in the near future. im gettin my VBC Platinum Skywalker ready for the summer, Im converting from 1 1-/2ft crypt keepers to 3 ft trees this is my second attempt at a i/s hybrid peace & GL. Im praying for some low 70 * temps average for everyone in the world this coming summer.
View attachment Platinum-Skywalker-Venice-Beach-Care-Center-BG0010001E7B3.pdf

I

IrishBoy

bro another nice update, the stretch is good and tight, with the dyna gro and silica combo dialed in and temps going koo-koo. good luck, im pulling for a easy harvest for you bro and some average 70*temp inside and outside for the summer. Pinch and whip some of them down. till we both learn how minimize the leaf loss in the near future. im gettin my VBC Platinum Skywalker ready for the summer, Im converting from 1 1-/2ft crypt keepers to 3 ft trees this is my second attempt at a i/s hybrid peace & GL. Im praying for some low 70 * temps average for everyone in the world this coming summer.
View attachment 146364

heck ya bro!

that strain is bad ass and is very very good smoke, my buddy just harvest some platinum bubba and its crazy fire. been wanting some skywalker. 3' tress are perfect size as long as you dont try tp pack too many in a space and make them fight for space and light.

wish i had 70F temps this summer.lol

hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

heck ya bro!

that strain is bad ass and is very very good smoke, my buddy just harvest some platinum bubba and its crazy fire. been wanting some skywalker. 3' tress are perfect size as long as you dont try tp pack too many in a space and make them fight for space and light.

wish i had 70F temps this summer.lol

i got some platinum bubba from New Generations in the stable as well, and is probably the safest cut i have grown under the led environment. im a fan of any good bubba and agree is FIRE. The platinum skywalker is a first run in the stable straight from seed from VBC i m hoping for a better than already killer cut. So far so good. i Feel like flipping the switch at 24" from the top of soil. space is tight 30x 48 4 plants so whipping is in order as we go. ill b watching along, gonna get stealth mode in a bit. GL pm whenever

I

IrishBoy

i got some platinum bubba from New Generations in the stable as well, and is probably the safest cut i have grown under the led environment. im a fan of any good bubba and agree is FIRE. The platinum skywalker is a first run in the stable straight from seed from VBC i m hoping for a better than already killer cut. So far so good. i Feel like flipping the switch at 24" from the top of soil. space is tight 30x 48 4 plants so whipping is in order as we go. ill b watching along, gonna get stealth mode in a bit. GL pm whenever

heck ya bro, sounds great. keep me posted on how those turn out.

I

IrishBoy

heres a update of my girls. their around 3 weeks. the weather been weird, very very hot 100F then 80F then 70F then 100F. kinda messing with them. but they look great and all healthy leaves. going to up can them next week into my 5gal lowes buckets. their all LST'ed and growing lots of tops now.

100 5104
100 5106
100 5110
100 5111
I

IrishBoy

heres a update of the girls, temps been in the 90's for a while, girls look great not one bad leaf that i can see, been feeding Dyna gro for the most part then some VF-11 once in a while to give them a light feeding and flush out some of the salts but still give them some foods. next feeding will be Humic acid to help clear out some build ups and make things more chelated for the plant.

still only using one 500w as of now and about to transplant up to the 5 gal buckets this week. so far really digging the Dyna gro and VF-11

100 5120
100 5125
100 5123
Top Bottom