Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

• Thread starter IrishBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrishBoy

heres my girls still looking as healthy as it gets with not one miss colored leaf. they really really need to be transplanted and was going to do it today since i had time but my friend borrowed my drill and he wasn't home today and i need to drill the bottom on the 5 gal buckets for drain holes and now i couldnt get the medium into the pots yet because i didnt want to drill all that plastic and have it mix into my medium, so ill transplant tomorrow with 5 parts peat moss and 2 parts chunky perlite and about 1tbs of dolomite lime per gal of medium. then ill give them a few days to adjust to their new home before i flower them to cut down on the stress so either thur-fri day will be going 12/12.. game plan got messed up because i have more plants and didnt want them to get too big for the area and shade each other wanted to flower at 12", i just lollipoped all the bottom growth and small branches to make all the plants just grow fat tops on each branch and not worry about bottom growth and kind of get that SOG effect. every big branch i trimmed the bottom 2-3 nodes and every thing small down low to put that energy into just the tops of each big branch. i think this is going to work out great with LST. once i transplant these girls are going to take off since their root bound right now because of me being very busy lately. ill handle things tomorrow.

heres some pics for you guys of them LST'ed and lolliopoed

100 5139
100 5126
100 5127
100 5130
100 5142
100 5143
I

IrishBoy

heres the girls transplanted in their new homes. got both lights on now and will flower a little latter to let them settle in 1st and not stress so much.

100 5145
100 5147
100 5149
100 5150
D

darkcloudy

Sup Irish, we have been messing with LED's for about the same amount since posting on GC, and after few different tries with LEDs, iam back to just LED/HPS combo. I know you have temp problems so thats not viable, so keep on going with only LEDs. They definitely nail the top canopy very well when in range, but anything below that I just feel they dont have the penetrating power of a HPS, which led me to trimming so much below that it does sacrifice yield for me.
But anyway my tips that Ive learned since we grow similarly.
Are you still having run off PH problems? I was having the same with all FoxFarm products.. So I switched to Roots Organic soilless medium. Ph between 5.8-6.2 and youll be golden all through the run. I wasnt happy with the 5gallon bucket root structure I was getting, so I switched to smart pots (ones with handles from SmartPots are the best, they help out a ton when moving em!) give a much better more spread out natural root structure due to the air pruning. And of course better roots = better yield.
Other wise keep at it bro, I look forward to one day running only LED's.

I

IrishBoy

i get good penetration on my last plants the buds that were 4.5' were fat and solid, all of my buds are more dense then my buddy's 1k hps with same strain and all, expect for condition's. its just the 1w leds that dont penetrate good, lots of HID growers are also claiming to have better penetration with these lights over their HID on another forum.

not sure what lights u used? but i have no penetration issue with the spectra's, now with the other company's i used in the past that were 1w 120 degree led had horrible penetration and that must be the lights ur talking about? ya those are not worth it to me and only good for SOG IMO. i still have those lights and havent used them since those grows.

as far as PH run off i am good now since i went back to peat base. i had nothing but issues with the Roots organic PH @5.2 out the bag and the whole bag was full of gnats. i tossed those plants because the gnats were just insane, i for one will never use that soil agian, just luck of drawl with big soil company's on what quality ur getting that day i guess. ive heard lots of people having the same issue as me and lots loving that soil. same with FFOF, but i am sticking to peat moss since its treated me really good on all my other grows.

ive been wanting to mess around with smart pots put a little pricey for me. went with the 5gal buckets after noticing i was paying more and getting smaller pots with nursery pots.

I

IrishBoy

anyone use Humboldt honey es before? thinking of using it but was wondering if it really worked good or not?

or used sucanat before?

I

IrishBoy

heres some more pics, ive been messing around with different ways to trim and how to control plants and the way they grow by it, ive made some taller long towers for colas and made some like short bushes with tons of bud sties. lots going on and cant wait to see how they flower with some of these ways?

temps been in the mid 90's and just transplanted a few days ago into 5 gal buckets after being root bond in my 1 gal pots. going to flower this weekend just letting them settle into their new home 1st.

as you can see their very healthy and looking nice and green witch i was expecting with these crazy high temps. i couldn't be happier with their health in these harsh conditions. got to love the Dyna Gro.lol

all lower growth on the girls are gone and its really opened them up for light to go all the way down the middle. most plants have all sucker branches trimmed also, they all have their different trimming done to see how the react?

100 5155
100 5160
100 5161
100 5162
100 5163
100 5164
100 5165
100 5168
100 5169
I

IrishBoy

ok guys too some pics and measure the girls, and checked the avarge light hight.

light height on avarge is 19"

plants size varies on a few.

front left plant in 13" middle left plant is 18" back left plant is 17"

middle front plant is 13", middle back plant is 13"

right front plant is 13", right middle plant is 15" right back plant is 13"

100 5174
100 5190
100 5189
100 5192
100 5194
100 5193
100 5178
100 5198
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Good luck bro. Hope this run blows up for ya. I'm running the old model GLH 180 (240 watts) for veg & 1st 2 wks of stretch. Switching up to a 600 digi for flower. I would've maybe like a bit faster growth in veg, but hey it's only 240 watts. Love the way they control stretch though.

I

IrishBoy

Good luck bro. Hope this run blows up for ya. I'm running the old model GLH 180 (240 watts) for veg & 1st 2 wks of stretch. Switching up to a 600 digi for flower. I would've maybe like a bit faster growth in veg, but hey it's only 240 watts. Love the way they control stretch though.

thanks bro.
i know lots of CFL/HID growers say they love the veg rate with these lights and its allot faster then their older veg time.

I

IrishBoy

7 days flowering. temps are 100F. its going to get hotter this week! girls still looking great at this point and time.

100 5204
100 5205
100 5209
100 5212
100 5214
100 5215
100 5218
M

mrsgreenthumb

Im very very curious about the LED lighting. I have been looking into it but have heard so many mixed reviews but not from anyone who has done it first hand. My dad is one of those super smart electical guys and wants to build a panel or two for me to try out. Do you have any pictures of how they finished out Irish Boy? I have heard that they do good for vegging but that they really dont pull thru for the flowering part of it. I personally think that it could be the most cost effective way of doing it .... eventually, but would llove to pic your brain. Hope ya dont mind

Z

Zombee

Im very very curious about the LED lighting. I have been looking into it but have heard so many mixed reviews but not from anyone who has done it first hand. My dad is one of those super smart electical guys and wants to build a panel or two for me to try out. Do you have any pictures of how they finished out Irish Boy? I have heard that they do good for vegging but that they really dont pull thru for the flowering part of it. I personally think that it could be the most cost effective way of doing it .... eventually, but would llove to pic your brain. Hope ya dont mind

No need to worry about them finishing in flower; Irish Boy has proven multiple times that they're (LED's) here to stay, and they do a great job (both the LED's and Irish Boy!). I've done a few grows now with LED, and will never use anything else.

I

IrishBoy

Google my name and u will find a ton of grows and flowering pics of buds the size of 2liter bottle/forarms grown with leds. the key is getting the right leds and not falling for most company's that scam people. not saying all led companys are that way but i tend to just stick with whats the most proven and the ones i use are proven time and time agian by many growers.
No need to worry about them finishing in flower; Irish Boy has proven multiple times that they're (LED's) here to stay, and they do a great job (both the LED's and Irish Boy!). I've done a few grows now with LED, and will never use anything else.

thanks my friend. nice to see u here

I

IrishBoy

here 14 days flowering. i think i messed up and made a delay in flowering though? one i left my exhaust fan unplugged for 5 days! stupid me. i also just noticed that ive been only feeding Dyna gro at 2.5ml per 5 gal of water instead of the 2.5ml per gal.lol. that being said the girls are looking great for it almost hitting 106F for a few days straight, all the others days are in the 100F range. girls are looking great and healthy and i am very happy, just not showing too much sings of flowering, but since i caught these things and stopped using the Grow formula and the bloom the less N should help them flower.

heres some pics i just took, also threw in a few with the lights.

100 5205
100 5201
100 5212
100 5216
100 5218
100 5222
100 5224
100 5225
100 5227
100 5230
Z

Zombee

Dude, you're the master of high temp growing - LOL, I'm jealous of your buds, but not of your temps!

Shit's looking awesome as usual, IB, keep rockin' it bro...:harvest:

I

IrishBoy

Dude, you're the master of high temp growing - LOL, I'm jealous of your buds, but not of your temps!

Shit's looking awesome as usual, IB, keep rockin' it bro...:harvest:

lol i will be more then willing to trade temps

Latest posts

Top Bottom