Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments

• Thread starter elementhc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elementhc

After a few days of reading I’m a 100% sure this is a iron deficiency most likely caused by nutrient lockout due to high ph watering.

Up until the last watering I did my ph has been 6.5 now I took it down to 6.0 and my last watering I did about 15% run off. When I measured the ph of run off on last watering it was 5.8 but when I tried to measure the Ppm my meter would just give me lines so I assume this meter goes up to a 1000 and my ppm was higher.
I have ordered a new ppm meter and should get it before next watering.

I made a cal-mag foliar spray and started misting the leaves hoping this will help with the iron deficiency until I get the lockout sorted.

My watering from now on will have at least 10% run off and I will not add any nutrients for next two watering.

Does this sound like a good plan or am I way off?

Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments
Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments 2
Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments 3
Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments 4
Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments 5
Iron deficiency with coco coir and organic dry amendments 6
HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

You need Iron. Chelated iron from lowes did the trick for me within hours. Your plants will turn all the way back to green over a few days without a trace. You can mix it in the nute mix as well as foliar spray for immediate results. Iron is listed as a micro nutrient but the quantity the plant likes makes it closer to a macro nutrient. These plant love and need a healthy amount of iron. A little epsom might help in addition but you need straight iron. I just went through this. You can check my posts for pics.

Top Bottom