Is 2x 150 Hps Lights Enough For A 3x3x6 Tent ?

• Thread starter Nadster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nadster

what up guys
Okey so here is the deal
The truth to be told this is my very first timw growing but i have been researching information for THE LONGEST so with that being said this is my questionS :
I bought a 3x4x6 tent but it has a separate 1x1x6 space that split into half im guessing for germinating and seedling so that leaves me with a 3x3x6 to veg and flower .. i do have 2x 150 hps growing lights that im planning to use but i know its not enough , or i would like to convince my self its not enough lol
So i do know that you CAN veg with hps but its not ideal and im not planning on getting any larger hos lights since my main problem is noises so i dont wanna have to install a heavy duty exhaust fan that makes crazy noises so im thinking that my best option is add some LED Lights that supposedly can veg or bloom or veg and bloom at the same time .
I am planning on growing 2 plants , one in 5 or maybe 4 gallons bucket soil and the other one is in a 5 gallons hydroponic system .
I do live in Southern California and to be exact in OC .. soo
What can i do to take advantage of my 2x 150 hps lights and its heat lol plus add another light that will help me to veg since i dont really want to veg with hps and that max my yeild .
Thank you for all the advices in advance and I am open for new ideas ... so please say something anything even share your own experience it my help me . Cheers

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

gonna get really hot in the tent friend,really hot,so take that in consideration,if smell isnt a issue you can get away with no exhaust,BUT you will have to provide wind for the plants just saying,hps bulbs are the best imo,for veg i got a tip might help you,go to home depot,were the bulbs are,i found this by mistake,they have some cfl bulbs that depending on your fixture can be a 60w,100w or a 150 w bulb,they will give you the right spectrum for your vegging plants,they get just as hot as the hps but provide the blue spectrum ,one other issue is the size of pots you plan to use in the small tent,keep in mind the stretch when you flip to flower,what ever height you put the plant in at the switch to flower the plant can and will double in size,so lots of training will have to be done,and if you plan on 2 plants in there,your gonna have problems just my opinion,so shoot for 1 big ass bush up in there,train it low and let it spread out,hope this help a bit

N

Nadster

and if you plan on 2 plants in there,your gonna have problems just my opinion,so shoot for 1 big ass bush up in there,train it low and let it spread out,hope this help a bit
Well in this case do you suggest to go hydro or soil ?

N

Nadster

if smell isnt a issue you can get away with no exhaust,BUT you will have to provide wind for the plants just saying
Oh and yes smell is not a problem and i can add an extra fan in there no problem , but i was thinking to use atleast one of them plus which ever light im gonna end up getting for flowering just to maximize the yeild and like i said take advantage of what hps lights can offer !! What do you think !

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well in this case do you suggest to go hydro or soil ?
ive grown with every thing but hydro,i just have no interest for it,seems just weird to me growing in water,kinda like the cloning human feeling,hahaah stick to soil friend,unless you just want to work your ass off growing meds,coco is a option to,it is in reality hydro too,i hate it,to much damn work,i got 3 outside gardens i grow all year round if weather permit so im not about to feed my meds 3 or 4 times a day hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh and yes smell is not a problem and i can add an extra fan in there no problem , but i was thinking to use atleast one of them plus which ever light im gonna end up getting for flowering just to maximize the yeild and like i said take advantage of what hps lights can offer !! What do you think !
partner to be just damn honest,i think your headed for a headache,no really,what your plan is will be great for vegging plants and clones,but when you flip that switch for flower,lights ,intake,exhaust,humidity and heat are big factors,then you have light leaks to deal with,these bitchs dont like light in flower,they like vampires when they sleep lol,the exhaust you dont want to use are a big deal ,not for just smell,you got to have intake and exhaust to have happy flowers,they like the temp in mid 70s and humidity around mid 40s in flower,in veg shit all the humidity you can give and temps all the way to 90,so see what im saying,your starting out restricting them and they dont just mind hahahah,you got to pamper there ass all the way or they will shit down your neck

N

Nadster

the exhaust you dont want to use are a big deal ,not for just smell,you got to have intake and exhaust to have happy flowers
Oh dont get me wrong , i can add just a regular fans , in and out , but im trying not to use the crazy big exhaust fan lol
And im gonna have a fan inside for air rotations .

Im hoping it wont be no light leaks in or out lol and im planning on using just one of them 150w hps and then add another light that wont preduce as much heat .

N

Nadster

your starting out restricting them and they dont just mind hahahah,you got to pamper there ass all the way or they will shit down your neck
Lmao i hear you on that , i wish i can give it all it want but im trying on the low so bare with me hear lol

N

Nadster

ive grown with every thing but hydro,i just have no interest for it,seems just weird to me growing in water,kinda like the cloning human feeling,hahaah stick to soil friend,unless you just want to work your ass off growing meds,coco is a option to,it is in reality hydro too,i hate it,to much damn work,i got 3 outside gardens i grow all year round if weather permit so im not about to feed my meds 3 or 4 times a day hahahah
Honestly , the only reason im using it is because i have tried to start an operation before using it so i have it with all the tools need it thats all lol
But i dont really HAVE to use it

Minitiger

Minitiger

Like oldskol said, it’s gonna get hot as shit in there with two 150 watt lights. I’d get a four inch Vortex or some other fan and use it to vent. His suggestion about using a CFL for vegging is a good one, too. Less heat, better light spectrum. In that small of a space, you might actually be able to get away with using the CFL’s all the way through flower.

And full disclosure, I’m a hard-core organic soil guy, so I say go with soil. Hydro’s a bitch and you end up with an inferior product than if you grow organic. Plus, you’re gonna end up spending a helluva lot more money if you grow hydroponically. Mix up a batch of good organic soil (forget Fox Farm or any garbage like that) and all you’ll really need to do is water from beginning to end. Just be sure you use good, clean water and not tap water. You can get a countertop reverse osmosis system for about $150 and that’s all you’ll need. Pretty much.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi guys, I couldn't have the heat of HPS lights in my 3x2x5ft grow cupboard, so I bought a cheap Chinese LED light. It was very poor, despite it's claim of 1000w, so I built the following led system, using Samsung striplights. These are high powered and I use them from seedling to harvest with excellent results. The price is excellent imo, considering their performance and lifespan.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/samsung-led-double-striplight-diy-build.100987/

Happy growing !!

Top Bottom