Is 2x 150w Hps Lights Enough For A 3x3x6 Tent ? And If Not , What To Add ?

• Thread starter Nadster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nadster

what up guys
Okey so here is the deal
The truth to be told this is my very first timw growing but i have been researching information for THE LONGEST so with that being said this is my questionS :
I bought a 3x4x6 tent but it has a separate 1x1x6 space that split into half im guessing for germinating and seedling so that leaves me with a 3x3x6 to veg and flower .. i do have 2x 150 hps growing lights that im planning to use but i know its not enough , or i would like to convince my self its not enough lol
So i do know that you CAN veg with hps but its not ideal and im not planning on getting any larger hos lights since my main problem is noises so i dont wanna have to install a heavy duty exhaust fan that makes crazy noises so im thinking that my best option is add some LED Lights that supposedly can veg or bloom or veg and bloom at the same time .
I am planning on growing 2 plants , one in 5 or maybe 4 gallons bucket soil and the other one is in a 5 gallons hydroponic system .
I do live in Southern California and to be exact in OC .. soo
What can i do to take advantage of my 2x 150 hps lights and its heat lol plus add another light that will help me to veg since i dont really want to veg with hps and that max my yeild .
Thank you for all the advices in advance and I am open for new ideas ... so please say something anything even share your own experience it my help me . Cheers

Ashephard

Ashephard

Just add some LEDS you can get some decent one for pretty cheap. Another 300 true watts should do it. I use a hybrid system myself. 600 Watt HPS and 1200 Watt LED ( Its uses 400 true watts) in a 10 SQ Ft space
20181208 222910 Film1
20181206 191235 Film1
Screenshot 2018 12 07 07 03 20
Screenshot 2018 12 07 06 59 00

N

Nadster

Just add some LEDS you can get some decent one for pretty cheap. Another 300 true watts should do it. I use a hybrid system myself. 600 Watt HPS and 1200 Watt LED ( Its uses 400 true watts) in a 10 SQ Ft spaceView attachment 845905 View attachment 845906 View attachment 845907 View attachment 845908
That’s beautiful plants my man , and yea thats what i end up doing , i got me a 600 watter to add on and see how will that goes , thanks for sharing ur thoughts sir

Monster762

Monster762

what up guys
Okey so here is the deal
The truth to be told this is my very first timw growing but i have been researching information for THE LONGEST so with that being said this is my questionS :
I bought a 3x4x6 tent but it has a separate 1x1x6 space that split into half im guessing for germinating and seedling so that leaves me with a 3x3x6 to veg and flower .. i do have 2x 150 hps growing lights that im planning to use but i know its not enough , or i would like to convince my self its not enough lol
So i do know that you CAN veg with hps but its not ideal and im not planning on getting any larger hos lights since my main problem is noises so i dont wanna have to install a heavy duty exhaust fan that makes crazy noises so im thinking that my best option is add some LED Lights that supposedly can veg or bloom or veg and bloom at the same time .
I am planning on growing 2 plants , one in 5 or maybe 4 gallons bucket soil and the other one is in a 5 gallons hydroponic system .
What can i do to take advantage of my 2x 150 hps lights and its heat lol plus add another light that will help me to veg since i dont really want to veg with hps and that max my yeild .
Thank you for all the advices in advance and I am open for new ideas ... so please say something anything even share your own experience it my help me . Cheers
I’m no pro at all only few grows and not perfect ones but Idk about the tents seperate area. I wouldn’t trust different light schedules in there. Brand and model of tent ?
I believe a tent can be built good enough for that but I doubt any these companies actually did it. And I would run the lights you got over the space. Hoods what type? First run doing a soil and hydro might be stressful. I’d go with 1 or the other n maybe try the other next run. Just to uncomplicate things before it’s too late. If you go soil or coco use fabric pots. Not million dollar airports just basic fabric. 4 gal is great but in my history I’ve scored 1- 5 pk and never found em again. 5 gal give you good solid root system. Can your lights bulbs be swapped to mh? If so changing 1 and running both specs will probably be to advantage. Air cooled hoods? Reflectors? And I’d use a t5 for seedlings n clones. Can’t stress enough how important the t5 is. Good light but won’t burn nothing. Perfect for babies in high humidity spray right under the lights.

N

Nadster

I’m no pro at all only few grows and not perfect ones but Idk about the tents seperate area. I wouldn’t trust different light schedules in there. Brand and model of tent ?
I believe a tent can be built good enough for that but I doubt any these companies actually did it. And I would run the lights you got over the space. Hoods what type? First run doing a soil and hydro might be stressful. I’d go with 1 or the other n maybe try the other next run. Just to uncomplicate things before it’s too late. If you go soil or coco use fabric pots. Not million dollar airports just basic fabric. 4 gal is great but in my history I’ve scored 1- 5 pk and never found em again. 5 gal give you good solid root system. Can your lights bulbs be swapped to mh? If so changing 1 and running both specs will probably be to advantage. Air cooled hoods? Reflectors? And I’d use a t5 for seedlings n clones. Can’t stress enough how important the t5 is. Good light but won’t burn nothing. Perfect for babies in high humidity spray right under the lights.
Tent is topogrow 48x36x72
Lights are floralux mini built in reflector

SinCity

SinCity

what up guys
Okey so here is the deal
what up guys
Okey so here is the deal

do you HAVE to use a tent?

Monster762

Monster762

Tent is topogrow 48x36x72
Lights are floralux mini built in reflector
I’ll look up the lights but I know topogrow stuff don’t depend on a light seal between those spaces. I’m pretty sure with a good canopy those lights are all you need to flower that. Getting rid of heat to get plants closer be good. Like cool tube hoods with reflectors but they cost couple dollars.
Nets help training. I’m trying first net run n love how easy it is compared to tying n training. I just blew the net up 4 plants 1 sq each. About your space just different shape. Me personally I’d take the wall out. Just for more air. Don’t press using the space. It might fill on its own. If possible get a seperate tent to veg.
And Another good investment is one of those $50 humidity dome kits with the light mat n all. That can be put anywhere to start seeds or clones. I keep mine just sitting on a shelf

Monster762

Monster762

Yes those lights will work. It doesn’t say if bulbs can be swapped to mh. Did you get the flange option? You’re talking about noisy fans. No matter what 1 extractor fan is neccessary. I’d get 6 inch fan n make it do both jobs. they’re not that noisy anymore. Exchange your air for fresh and pull all the heat off those lights at the same time. Without extraction your box probably be about 120 degrees.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hey bud go on amazon and look for an in-line fan. They are cheap. Not overly noisy. You need at least a little 4 inch. A decent fan is prob most important bit of gear. Also your 150 s will be minty. When your new to growing it doesn’t pay to blast tons and tons of light. Worry about the environment and practicing getting to know the plant. You could easily get 100 grams per 150. I could see you pulling a quarter lb off a couple plants regardless of adding more lights or not. Just my 2 cents

N

Nadster

Update:
Hey guys whats up
So guess what !! I end up using a 600w phlizone led plus 450w toplanet led plus one of the 150w hps for the heat lol and thats what i end up with ( pix included).
I ddnt use exhaust fan all i used is 2 fans in there and i left all the Ventilation holes in the tent open .
Ddnt have a problem , but i did upgraded into 4x4x7 tent for flowering and im gonna keep the 3x3x6 for vegging .
Any comments please feel free to add .
I used the general hydroponics nutrition but im not sure if i should change !!

965CB373 DC93 49D5 A59A BA43E63EE62F
4B3FD3E6 4275 4F17 844F A9AF5554F347
98662642 EC72 49F1 9C51 0E9BD7B5B675
422E852F 2AE1 4C2A 9A0D 42480F49D465
BC966808 4A5B 4903 8D42 A8C5FFEE3F91
32638817 D02C 44F3 96DC CE08CB35D5F0
CF8B92DC DD55 4869 9334 6C2BC7094A53
08209B6C 176E 4231 9EF4 E060247C90D4
BA506211 4913 4C4A 8FAA C79FA0652A9D
381F611B D753 47B4 B242 3095E3797339
6EDA2E24 07DD 40A7 B4AA C8B9E0A53B53
9129284A C9CC 486F B414 4EC802583E51
90BE1BB7 F796 4D67 B657 E471B9555160
5B276D73 487D 414A A955 D0FA2BE62337
2CE8E792 2BB2 4F78 9C3F B9EAA07CEDF3
5596A7EF 8B07 44C4 BD1C D10F1EFCD0BD
5AF92A2C 043A 4A21 ADE2 48972573B4FC
CB9BB01F 81E6 4725 B62F CC856D07704B
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Looks like they enjoyed their new light! Great plants you have! I love the amber hairs and tone of green, compliment well! Looks like some dank!

Top Bottom