Is 99% iso reagent grade safe for use...

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Hi have 99% reagent grade ISO is that safe for a wash... over dried and want to enjoy it.
If pour 1gallon over 1/4LB how much yield can get?
think even with it being reagent grade will get the spits where it spit bits when you heat it?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You'd wanna freeze everything and quick wash it if you're gonna vape it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you only need to fill about and an inch or two above the weed your using..

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
i love it, i use 99.9 iso, i make more of hash/honey oil.. QWISO.. though i do cook it off with a rice cooker.
but I can let it slow evaporate?

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
ya.. you mean in open air? why though?
google QWISO and RSO oil..
yeah because I don't want to risk ruining it with the heat. I want clean oil.

I was thinking do the whole buds the break them up in the alcohol. Let it sit in the green for a few days so its full spectrum.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

yeah because I don't want to risk ruining it with the heat. I want clean oil.

I was thinking do the whole buds the break them up in the alcohol. Let it sit in the green for a few days so its full spectrum.

If you do that, you're going to pull out a TON of chlorophyll unless the extraction is kept super cold.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
If you do that, you're going to pull out a TON of chlorophyll unless the extraction is kept super cold.
so it will still extract if I put it in 0deg

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
It'll actually extract better the colder it is.
so I have a gallon of the stuff and only a few oz. I grind it up let the chlorophyll come out then pour the iso that has sat in the freezer over night then put it back in the freezer and strain then let dry and it will be like oil... Or like gold flake?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
is it has like or keif or does it come out black?

This was made in a deep freeze, quick wash. Air evaporated without heat and slow dried spread thin on a large piece of glass (an old cooler door) Comes out golden.
20200809 194354
20200823 105204

Heat it to decarb or evap and it will turn dark in volume, but stays amber held up to the light.
20201022 160855

The colder you get everything the better. I keep my cannabis and solvent in the chest freezer for a few days before i make it, and i do it all in the freezer too. Doesnt come out to be evaporated until its been double filtered.

Last edited:
jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
This was made in a deep freeze, quick wash. Air evaporated without heat and slow dried spread thin on a large piece of glass (an old cooler door) Comes out golden.View attachment 1075711View attachment 1075712

Heat it to decarb or evap and it will turn dark in volume, but stays amber held up to the light.View attachment 1075714

The colder you get everything the better. I keep my cannabis and solvent in the chest freezer for a few days before i make it, and i do it all in the freezer too. Doesnt come out to be evaporated until its been double filtered.
what can I do to maximize yields given I have so little to work with

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Be careful not to spill lol. Also pre soak the coffee filters in iso, and rinse them again after the filter with more iso. Other than that not sure. I've never tried to do it with a tiny amount.
dirtbag that is a fuck load of iso... My nug got ruined id rather smoke a few oz then only have a few grams of slick but I had some that didn't get ruined and it was great!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
dirtbag that is a fuck load of iso... My nug got ruined id rather smoke a few oz then only have a few grams of slick but I had some that didn't get ruined and it was great!
im not following... Your nug got ruined?

Top Bottom