Is a 4in 195cfm fan to much for a 2x3x5 tent?

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Hey guys

As the title states I have a 2x3x5 tent with a 4in 195 cfm fan and I’m trying to keep the humidity on the high range but with the fan on it’s impossible.

The moment I shut the fan off the humidity begins to rise. An Example of this Is that I was at 30% humidity in my tent which is very low and the moment I shut the fan it went up to 40% after about 2 min.

Not sure how much smaller I can go for my space. I do not have a fan speed controller either. Nosure tho if that would help or
Not. Might have to pull the trigger and get one.

Lmk what you guys think! I had a humidifier also but didn’t do anything

Was thinking of ordering this instead of a whole new fan. Lmk if anyone has used something like this before.

thanks guys!

Cdmall Electronic Fan Speed Controller Variable Adjuster for Hydroponics Inline Duct Exhaust Ceiling Fans with 6' Long 120V 15A Cord
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9BLJ7...abc_5A3MT25A9KH5GWJ2X49G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Thejdubbs

Thejdubbs

have you thought about trying to control the humidity of the air you’re bringing in to the tent? Maybe just bringing the humidity up in the room the tent is might help.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

I’ve tried but I have it in a closet and the room that it’s connected in is huge.

Thejdubbs

Thejdubbs

And have tried putting the humidifier in the tent as well? I know that gets a little tricky but I think an inkbird would be cheaper than buying a new fan.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Yea I tried that also and nothing. I ordered a new humidifier because we needed one anyways so going to try the new one next and see what happens

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Hey guys

As the title states I have a 2x3x5 tent with a 4in 195 cfm fan and I’m trying to keep the humidity on the high range but with the fan on it’s impossible.

The moment I shut the fan off the humidity begins to rise. An Example of this Is that I was at 30% humidity in my tent which is very low and the moment I shut the fan it went up to 40% after about 2 min.

Not sure how much smaller I can go for my space. I do not have a fan speed controller either. Nosure tho if that would help or
Not. Might have to pull the trigger and get one.

Lmk what you guys think! I had a humidifier also but didn’t do anything

Was thinking of ordering this instead of a whole new fan. Lmk if anyone has used something like this before.

thanks guys!

Cdmall Electronic Fan Speed Controller Variable Adjuster for Hydroponics Inline Duct Exhaust Ceiling Fans with 6' Long 120V 15A Cord
2 x 3 x 5 = 30 cf
195 ÷ 30 = 6.5

So fan is bigger than needed, however it is better to have and not need. Get yourself a nice controller and dial it down
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9BLJ7...abc_5A3MT25A9KH5GWJ2X49G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

karolanne

karolanne

Did you try to put your fan on a cycle with a timer? Some time off, some time on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom