Is CalMag a pH buffer?

• Thread starter OrlandoSmooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well, im center of the US(st.louis) with a huge building. Im actually in the process of doing the same thing. Designing a shippable kit that will replace a soil pot. Thing is, its not going to be like these other systems available that require chillers. I am creating a booklet with it too. Basically anyone who buys the system will be told not to listen to advice from people with water chillers and h2o2 lol. Gonnaa link them here for resources. In my state in the next few years they will make it recreational where everyone can grow 1 plant. I plan to have the kits ready by then lol. . I like your style ill just say that.

I mean ive learned it all from you, then you come back validating all my opinions after im sure I cant be the one whos right, cause if im the one whos right, then we live in a very scary world. The war on micrboes started with medicine, then farmers, then sanitizing chemicles and yea yea. . i see the microbes ending us before we end them. So for me, I want to work with them, not against them. Perhaps you will need a shipping center in the middle of America lol.
IMO there is no real right or wrong just different and the most effective systems is one you understand and succeed with.

that’s why we have so many different opinions and experiences.

I much prefer a living system but it takes a little more knowledge and is not as plug and play as a sterile system.

I’m no stranger to some of my views being controversial but I do my best to explain to others why I hold them and promote them.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red is another I know was taking advantage of bacteria and last I checked we were taking about bio media and he had introduced some to his system. Bio media simply provides more housing for a higher population and would allow full changeouts without harm to the population. I feel it’s very important although I agree not an absolute necessity.
Yes sir, I have included aquarium bio media into my res'es (is that a word?) in a way that they can be moved from res to res to re-establish colonies in systems that have been sterilized between grows.

Once I switched from sterile to bio - my grows improved. Some of it is subjective, like I think the terpenes have increased. Some is objective in that measurements of cannabinoids, including more minors increase. I say objective, but in truth it is not - there are a lot of variables from grow to grow, so I would have to call it a statistical positive trend rather than get accused of bro science.

Right now I am rebuilding and getting prepped for the next testing phase in the basement lab. I have gone from 6 sites to 2 sites in my LED 4x8 and I am about to do the same in the HID 4x8. I'm currently running 7 mamas to find the best genetics then clones will populate the 4 sites across the 2 tents. I wasn't planning on testing bio vs. sterile, but I could be convinced. My first test was slated to be LED vs HID with all other things identical, and then the addition of Far Red, UVA, and UVB across the 4 pots with one as a control. Dunno, I would be interested in input from the farm. I also considered dirt vs hydro.

I'll have some of the absolute best control and data gathering that I think we have ever seen here on the farm.

Capabilities:

RH control from 20% - 90%
Temp control via mini-splits in both tents
PH dosing (home made system, pic below)
CO2 injection from a bottle

All control and ongoing data acquisition from this thing, almost done and ready to mount. Gotta finish up the 3D printed case and parts.

IMG 0056

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes sir, I have included aquarium bio media into my res'es (is that a word?) in a way that they can be moved from res to res to re-establish colonies in systems that have been sterilized between grows.

Once I switched from sterile to bio - my grows improved. Some of it is subjective, like I think the terpenes have increased. Some is objective in that measurements of cannabinoids, including more minors increase. I say objective, but in truth it is not - there are a lot of variables from grow to grow, so I would have to call it a statistical positive trend rather than get accused of bro science.

Right now I am rebuilding and getting prepped for the next testing phase in the basement lab. I have gone from 6 sites to 2 sites in my LED 4x8 and I am about to do the same in the HID 4x8. I'm currently running 7 mamas to find the best genetics then clones will populate the 4 sites across the 2 tents. I wasn't planning on testing bio vs. sterile, but I could be convinced. My first test was slated to be LED vs HID with all other things identical, and then the addition of Far Red, UVA, and UVB across the 4 pots with one as a control. Dunno, I would be interested in input from the farm. I also considered dirt vs hydro.

I'll have some of the absolute best control and data gathering that I think we have ever seen here on the farm.

Capabilities:

All control and ongoing data acquisition from this thing, almost done and ready to mount. Gotta finish up the 3D printed case and parts.

View attachment 1234945
That’s exactly another huge benefit to bio media it can transferred easily to inoculate other systems. You really been putting in work there my friend.

P.S. I’m still waiting for you to sign my adoption papers lmao.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

That’s exactly another huge benefit to bio media it can transferred easily to inoculate other systems. You really been putting in work there my friend.

I do what im told very well, so if he adopts you, and you move to stl which is an hour from me. . . like i said. . i do what im told ;)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

LOL - lemme be your weird uncle twice removed. I'll put all the crap in my basement in my will heading your way when I die from being anal retentive and finally blowing up with all the shit I am full of.

It doesn't feel like work. I really just want to know things based on personal experience. There are just SO MANY opinions on the web - according to someone out there I am sure I am doing everything wrong.

I went on a hunt for THCv and found it. The medicine was lacking vs. what I was hoping for. But my extraction game got a huge shot in the arm and I learned a ton. I'm looking for my next big ah-ha moment. I've been wrong about my beliefs so many times...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

LOL - lemme be your weird uncle twice removed. I'll put all the crap in my basement in my will heading your way when I die from being anal retentive and finally blowing up with all the shit I am full of.

It doesn't feel like work. I really just want to know things based on personal experience. There are just SO MANY opinions on the web - according to someone out there I am sure I am doing everything wrong.

I went on a hunt for THCv and found it. The medicine was lacking vs. what I was hoping for. But my extraction game got a huge shot in the arm and I learned a ton. I'm looking for my next big ah-ha moment. I've been wrong about my beliefs so many times...
I think we both suffer from obsessive learning syndrome. You know where you lay in bed at night fumbling to find the off switch and wake up from a a dead sleep in a yureeka moment. It’s a curse

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think we both suffer from obsessive learning syndrome. You know where you lay in bed at night fumbling to find the off switch and wake up from a a dead sleep in a yureeka moment. It’s a curse
Now that we have totally hijacked this thread (I'm sorry OrlandoSmooth) I'd love to know what thing you would be interested in testing. We did that UVB testing sorta on a lark - I'd like to do something similar but with a clear outline and planning from the beginning.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Capabilities:

View attachment 1234945
OK, as an IT geek, I want to know more about the above, which looks to be built around a Raspberry Pi. I've always wanted to play with a Pi, but never saw a project that interested me enough to go get one. I imagine you need probes for temp, humidity, pH and ... EC?

I have a DIY water and drain system as per cocoforcannabis.com. Would like to incorporate something like this as well to have better control.

In fact I'll go one better - can you engineer some sort of flow meter in there that would measure pump output from a reservoir and turn if off based on volume of flow instead of time of pump?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK, as an IT geek, I want to know more about the above, which looks to be built around a Raspberry Pi. I've always wanted to play with a Pi, but never saw a project that interested me enough to go get one. I imagine you need probes for temp, humidity, pH and ... EC?

I have a DIY water and drain system as per cocoforcannabis.com. Would like to incorporate something like this as well to have better control.

In fact I'll go one better - can you engineer some sort of flow meter in there that would measure pump output from a reservoir and turn if off based on volume of flow instead of time of pump?

Hell, just read the whole site.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now that we have totally hijacked this thread (I'm sorry OrlandoSmooth) I'd love to know what thing you would be interested in testing. We did that UVB testing sorta on a lark - I'd like to do something similar but with a clear outline and planning from the beginning.
Tbh i have always wanted to buy a quality microscope and learn to identify the species of microbes inoculated and the influence they have on each other to identify what strains are surviving, thriving and killing off others. You can drop in 40 species and their will be victors and losers of those. I’m curious to see which species actually survive and provide the most benefit. I know Raw microbes has done research in this area but like most things cannabis related I know there is gimmickry, trickery, lies and ignorance in this industry just like the rest. I’d just like to understand the dynamics of the popular species and verify for myself.
With starters my a new business here over the next few months I won’t have time but if I had the equipment and time it’s something that burns holes in my brain from time to time

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well, I'm not sure my electronic microscope good for posting pics and vids will do a good job at that scale, but my old standby optical will. I'll take a look and see if this is something I can incorporate.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Tbh i have always wanted to buy a quality microscope and learn to identify the species of microbes inoculated and the influence they have on each other to identify what strains are surviving, thriving and killing off others. You can drop in 40 species and their will be victors and losers of those. I’m curious to see which species actually survive and provide the most benefit. I know Raw microbes has done research in this area but like most things cannabis related I know there is gimmickry, trickery, lies and ignorance in this industry just like the rest. I’d just like to understand the dynamics of the popular species and verify for myself.
With starters my a new business here over the next few months I won’t have time but if I had the equipment and time it’s something that burns holes in my brain from time to time
yeah and to control the validity of some EM1 products sold >.>

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well, I'm not sure my electronic microscope good for posting pics and vids will do a good job at that scale, but my old standby optical will. I'll take a look and see if this is something I can incorporate.
Oh man I’d appreciate some info there. Especially on some of the more popular ones. Salinity, ph , temp and colonial warfare makes me believe that only a very few species advertised as beneficial are actually beneficial and survive

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Oh man I’d appreciate some info there. Especially on some of the more popular ones. Salinity, ph , temp and colonial warfare makes me believe that only a very few species advertised as beneficial are actually beneficial and survive
As suspected, I see fine thru optics but not enough on the digital to show. Gimme a reason to buy a better microscope!

There are definitely multi cell organisms in Max Microbe, Orca and to a lesser extent Hydroguard. The bad thing is nothing is moving.

For this to continue, I need to find a way to post the images I see, as well as trying to figure out how to wake these up. Then comes identification. If we get that far, I'll pull a sample from my res and compare.

4854910E F492 4E2E 919A 8B92583DD031

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As suspected, I see fine thru optics but not enough on the digital to show. Gimme a reason to buy a better microscope!

There are definitely multi cell organisms in Max Microbe, Orca and to a lesser extent Hydroguard. The bad thing is nothing is moving.

For this to continue, I need to find a way to post the images I see, as well as trying to figure out how to wake these up. Then comes identification. If we get that far, I'll pull a sample from my res and compare.

View attachment 1235089
Exciting brother… I hope you can. I’m tied up for a few days but I’ll do some research on the activation for spore and I forget the term for the other type of reproduction if you haven’t figured it out by then

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hell, just read the whole site.
Thanks! Reading...

Latest posts

Top Bottom