Is Cannabis Lab Testing A Scam???

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Will be great when everyone hits the same standard.. One day. That day I will care more about cannabinoid content. Until then, if you claim 28% thc, I will just say, "yeah, says your test" and know your full of shit :)
I personally am more concerned about... uh.. what would I call them? Violations of cannabis? Molds, spores, 'cides' and that sort of thing, than the cannabinoid content. Just my own thing.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I personally am more concerned about... uh.. what would I call them? Violations of cannabis? Molds, spores, 'cides' and that sort of thing, than the cannabinoid content. Just my own thing.
Well duh come on now :-)

Blaze

Blaze

These are probably the least reliable types of tests at this point as well. THC and CBD content, terpenes, etc should be consistent with a decent lab at this point. With the pesticides we simply just don't know much yet about the safety of certain chemicals (even the organic ones) when applied to cannabis, and unfortunately false positives and errors are still fairly common. It is entirely possible to have a plant sprayed with something that may in fact be totally unsafe to use, and still pass the pesticide test, while at the same time have an organic grower fail a test for something that was never used. The biological test results can vary so wildly and erratically, even from bud to bud on the same batch, that their usefulness is also a bit questionable. There are certain organisms that can get people really sick if they are present in cannabis, and testing for those is certainly valid, but ironically some of them are not even tested for by most labs. However testing the yeast and mold spore count is questionable, and the plate counts that some labs like to do now are total nonsense. Obviously you don't want people smoking bud with mold growing on it or other pathogens, but to me it sure seems like at times some of these tests and associated numbers just get pulled out of thin air with little verification. I think the reliability and accuracy will get better as times goes on but we aren't there yet...

Top Bottom