is cigaret smoke good co2 for indoor grow????????

• Thread starter PURPLEOGMAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PURPLEOGMAN

I just wanted ro know if i smoked a stoge in my grow room if it would be good co2 for the flowering plants and veged plants?

F

FastForward

Technically, no - the nicotine in the smoke is toxic to your plants. Practically, I've seen no difference apart from filthy carbon filters!! :)

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i doubt if its not good for you i doubt its good for them

convex

convex

CO2 is only one component of the smoke ...
You would probably generate more CO2 burning a candle for the same duration.

G

greenthoughts

hi everyone

Tobacco smoke contains a lot more CO (carbon monoxide) than CO2 and that's not good for the plants.
A cigarette's probably not that bad, but def. not a cigar.

Later

C

ChronicChthonic

Smoke is full of carbon MONOxide as well as carbon dioxide - which is poison to most forms of life including plants (spider plants being a notable exception). Don't do it!

20north

smoke a joint dont smoke a stoge in there plus those ashes are terrible for it too the plants are basicly bare lungs

R

Rolln J

wouldnt it have more carbon monoxide then carbon dioxide?

anyway fuck cigarettes lol

S

SkyHi

I smoke in my house which is where my grow is and ive never noticed adverse affects actaully i was more worried about TMV then the actaul smoke lol

B

bicycle racer

absolutely a terrible idea smoke is not good for your plants. small particulate matter and things like smoke clog up stomatas which are used for the plants respiration.

W

webeblzr

You would be better off doing excercise in there for CO2 production.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

No marlboros

You would be better off doing excercise in there for CO2 production.
well said; i used to sleep in my grow room on occasion, when it was inside my house. The extra oxygen produced by the plants was great for preventing hangovers (I live 6000+ ft above sea level), and the CO2 produced by my own lungs was greatly appreciated by the green ladies...
Your body produces more CO2 than burning tobacco...without the 98 other toxins found in cigarette smoke.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Cigarette smoke is very bad for your plants, and I've heard it can even cause tobacco mosaic virus. Def something you would want filtered away from the growroom.

TK

W

waverunner_21

certainly sounds like a bad idea, for many reasons, just get one of those cheap Co2 release systems, with the cartridges

Top Bottom