Is curing in jars bullshit and a way to justify wrongly dryd buds

• Thread starter Dai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dai

I've never jard it and it's tasty and buzzing asf everytime. I believe people who say they're stuff needs to be cured they just use it as an excuse to justify they're wrongly dryd cannabis which smells like hay because the chlorophyll has absorbed on to the plant because people believe not to have a fan blowing lightly on the buds but I believe by having it blowing over the plants lightly so they moving a little bit so it evaporates the chlorophyll from the plant instead of it absorbing into the plant where they are just hanging with no air being blown through them

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

People cure there weed different ways, I hang my plants upside down until there branches are just about to snap but not quite, weed goes in mason jars, keep in cool dark spot and open the jar a few times a day to let breath. This is the proper way to cure, me sometimes I just put my flower in a plastic cool whip container open and close several times a day this is faster and seems to work well, no one has ever told me my smoke tastes like grass or hay you just don't want to over dry.

D

Dai

I wrote that post to get some good growers and people with knowledge of growing I needed all you guys I'm looking for a most potent most tastiest strain there is can anyone help me please

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I wrote that post to get some good growers and people with knowledge of growing I needed all you guys I'm looking for a most potent most tastiest strain there is can anyone help me please
Your post came off as though you already knew the answers to the question that you just posed.
You must be more specific. Sativa, Indica, purpose of the meds, (ie: pain, sleep, etc)
Your grow experience..and MANY MANY other needed facts for people to help.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Ass someone before mentioned i do the same drying proces. Hang them up whole with littel breez over then and then in jars.
As you think that is is probably nonsense try it as i did. Years ago i was sceptical about that and i cut my plant in half and half when to jars, half was fast dry.
And even for curing i made some adjustments. When you think is cured smoke some and then cure more. And then you deside when is the best smoke. Try it and then you will know what is the best way for you!!
Good luch and i wish you a happy grow

BigCube

BigCube

Dont cure it if you dont want to.
Unless you actually try other ways, how would you even know?

After I cut down, I remove all leaf that isn't covered I crystal. Then I hang it for 8 to 10 days. After the outside is crispy and seemingly dry. I put it in a jar and sweat it.

Opening the jar and moving the buds around twice a day let's the moisture out and keeps the buds from drying out too fast. A jar isn't needed. So.e people use buckets. Some use bags. Some savages just hang it and smoke it.

I've done all of them. And I can tell you (and anyone else who's actually done it will too) that the bud does get better as it cures. It tastes better every day, up till about 2 weeks. Then it doesn't change much.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Dont cure it if you dont want to.
Unless you actually try other ways, how would you even know?

After I cut down, I remove all leaf that isn't covered I crystal. Then I hang it for 8 to 10 days. After the outside is crispy and seemingly dry. I put it in a jar and sweat it.

Opening the jar and moving the buds around twice a day let's the moisture out and keeps the buds from drying out too fast. A jar isn't needed. So.e people use buckets. Some use bags. Some savages just hang it and smoke it.

I've done all of them. And I can tell you (and anyone else who's actually done it will too) that the bud does get better as it cures. It tastes better every day, up till about 2 weeks. Then it doesn't change much.
I find the optimal cure time is between 2-4 months IN JARS..
I am wondering if this post is a troll, so I am done with it..Enough said.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The post was written to get our attention. He wants to know what’s the most potent strain. That’s a loaded question and one that simply cannot be answered. Everyone is different. What I like others might hate and vice versa. You need to find what works for you or your customers if that’s your goal. Simply testing the percentage in a lab will not tell you how it will affect your brains cannibinoid receptors. Usually the most potent strains are also the least desirable due to other qualities it lacks.

When you drink do you go straight for grain alcohol or do you drink beer and wine? Very similar. Young teenagers who have something to prove want the strongest stuff, the rest of us just want to enjoy ourselves.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
IME anything you grow will be better than anything you’ve smoked thus far unless you have a source from someone who knows what they are doing. 80% of the cannabis growers who sell commercially do not. Learn to grow correctly and you’ll always have the best of the best. Otherwise find someone who does grow well and buy theirs.

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Chlorophyll can't be reduced by fans placed on a living specimen and no fans going to break it down in the drying stages. It's far more complicated than most know. Either you dry too fast leaving little to no cellular life, or you actually keep the plant alive while it dies slowly hanging in a cool dark place no different than air cured tobacco. Imagine if we tobacco growers followed the protocol of using jars. There would be a severe shortage of jars let me say. I actually prefer to just let it hang in the ideal temps and RH then trying to make it happen in a jar. But I don't have any tolerance for smoke that needs months of aging to become pleasurable. That is low grade in my opinion and I just toss those grassy types into the trim, well I did when I was growing grass instead of really refined modern cannabis.

BigCube

BigCube

Chlorophyll can't be reduced by fans placed on a living specimen and no fans going to break it down in the drying stages. It's far more complicated than most know. Either you dry too fast leaving little to no cellular life, or you actually keep the plant alive while it dies slowly hanging in a cool dark place no different than air cured tobacco. Imagine if we tobacco growers followed the protocol of using jars. There would be a severe shortage of jars let me say. I actually prefer to just let it hang in the ideal temps and RH then trying to make it happen in a jar. But I don't have any tolerance for smoke that needs months of aging to become pleasurable. That is low grade in my opinion and I just toss those grassy types into the trim, well I did when I was growing grass instead of really refined modern cannabis.

Tobacco is cured for months in some cases. Just FYI

Jars arent needed, a ziplock bag will do.
Months arent needed 2 weeks will do.

Ultimately taste is subjective. But I've never in my 30 years of smoking cannabis smoked anythig that was just hang dried and tasted good. Sometimes its smokable, but never what I would call good.

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Tobacco is cured for months in some cases. Just FYI

Jars arent needed, a ziplock bag will do.
Months arent needed 2 weeks will do.

Ultimately taste is subjective. But I've never in my 30 years of smoking cannabis smoked anythig that was just hang dried and tasted good. Sometimes its smokable, but never what I would call good.
More like years of aging. Most curing with air is over with after a month, flu curing is really fast and the sugar is trapped inside the leaf rendering a fine smoke in a very short time.

30+ years as well here too and just about as much time growing and processing many types of tobacco.

I like the dying on the vine quote, as my plants will sometimes hang for up to three weeks before the cells have fully died and it is in my opinion the best, many loose flavors and more when jarred long term in comparison. For me its far from placebo, as the dozens that smoke my herb always enjoy the freshest in comparison with anything that has aged and sat around braking down with age.

Most of the tobacco that I smoke has been aged 4+ years, but I don't let cannabis sit in a jar beyond six months. That goes into the trim bin as well, as obviously it was nothing special to sit for six months..

BigCube

BigCube

More like years of aging. Most curing with air is over with after a month, flu curing is really fast and the sugar is trapped inside the leaf rendering a fine smoke in a very short time.

30+ years as well here too and just about as much time growing and processing many types of tobacco.

I like the dying on the vine quote, as my plants will sometimes hang for up to three weeks before the cells have fully died and it is in my opinion the best, many loose flavors and more when jarred long term in comparison. For me its far from placebo, as the dozens that smoke my herb always enjoy the freshest in comparison with anything that has aged and sat around braking down with age.

Most of the tobacco that I smoke has been aged 4+ years, but I don't let cannabis sit in a jar beyond six months. That goes into the trim bin as well, as obviously it was nothing special to sit for six months..

Ive never had bud last 6 months lol.
I'm sure it loses flavor and stuff after that long. I personally smoke a quarter every 2 or 3 days just to myself. If I have any left from a previous crop, I've usually given it away by the time my next crop is ready.

Years? Jesus, I dont smoke tobacco anymore but I'd like to try some of that.

I am the same as far as time goes. 8 to 10 days hanging 10 to 14 in the jar, and it's good to go. I smoke it throughout the curing process though lol. I try to wait till the 2 weeks I the jar is done before I smoke much, but I still "sample" it 😀

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Ive never had bud last 6 months lol.
I'm sure it loses flavor and stuff after that long. I personally smoke a quarter every 2 or 3 days just to myself. If I have any left from a previous crop, I've usually given it away by the time my next crop is ready.

Years? Jesus, I dont smoke tobacco anymore but I'd like to try some of that.

I am the same as far as time goes. 8 to 10 days hanging 10 to 14 in the jar, and it's good to go. I smoke it throughout the curing process though lol. I try to wait till the 2 weeks I the jar is done before I smoke much, but I still "sample" it 😀

Yes like with wine, tobacco improves greatly with age. Most of the commercial tobacco in cigarettes and pipe tobacco is cured fast by the flu for cigs and the smoke for the pipe. Those big tobacco companies, well they don't want to age and hold excessive volume. Instead of this they use the flu cured (Virginia) mixed generally with Air cured ( both Burley/Turkish) in trade blends that also entails the use of extrudes - which is the stem and tobacco waste reconstituted into something that passes as tobacco lol.

I have been collecting many different types of tobacco through the years and the best of the smoke really takes place after a few years of aging regardless of the curing procedure or duration.

As for the off the line types, it did take years and a lot of selection to find and develop cultivars that fit in with my perpetual grow and the demands of patients and friends.. I think around 50% of the weed I have grown though through thirty years did need a lot more aging then actual curing.But I don't consider anything dead in a jar to be curing, this is aging in my book and curing takes place during the death of the living cells.

Top Bottom