Is flushing affective in good old Mother Earth, the Ground ???

• Thread starter Santa.ClausHOHOHO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

While reading through another thread the question of Flushing is being discussed. I am wondering how affective it is if the plants are in the Ground.
I amended the soil back in the beginning March with composted Chicken manure, kelp, powdered egg shells etc.. Planted the end of April, Michigan.
During the grow did not add much, Recharged every two weeks or so. I have since had to add some Cal Mag the past couple of weeks.
Question is, with the nutrients being supplied from the amended soil is flushing going to be very affective ? Or are the natural nutrients going to continue to be absorbed ?

My plan was to flush once I start seeing the good ole AMBER Tri's. Another question, do I need to PH my water for the flush. My well water has a PH of 7.2 ish.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I would think as long as you water they will eat. You’ve been kind of flushing all along. One thing to think about is back in the day in the ground we used to quit watering a week or two before harvest. It seem to threaten them into more resin production. The finished product was better thanWhen water up to the time of harvest. Just my two cents.

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Just water it till harvest.. Then add back again what ever you used the first time.. Maybe some mulch before it freezes..

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
All varieties are different and have different diets and needs....Its both possible to over and under amend and when flushing or dialing Down a variety its best to know what it will want in those final weeks..Indicas will demand nutrients almost all thru their life....And if you come up short on nutrients a Indica will starve on the end..The polar side to this is when a Sativa is over Nitrated its very hard to remove the excess N in late flower and this can cause late growth instead of Ripening....
Its also possible to Over flush and actually leach vital minerals and elements from the plant...So key is to understand the variety first and then follow its lead to gettin it to full maturation..I also make sure theres avail carbs and silica in the back half of all flowering...In soil or not....
I pref to keep Indicas and Sub Tropicals quite rich till finish then Flush hard and leach fast...Where Sativas and slower flowering varieties get dialed down slowly and finish and ripen very slowly over a few weeks compared to beign able to leach a Indica within week or so...But thats just my take on it all.....power to it
FOE20

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

So, I need to pay better attention to what I amend it with in the beginning and or additional top dressings. Or, put them in pots or fab bags and that gives me a bit more control.
Thanks for the reply, it makes total sense.

Dear lord the girls are getting chubby, really putting on the weight. Just need to get through the 3 days of rain that's coming. One of the last big hurdles to get over, bud rot, so far so good.
My one Mendo Kush is getting milky/cloudy, no amber. I just ordered a better scope. Once the weather clears I am hoping to be heading for the finish line. These things are huge. More or less my first year. Wow, they got a bit out of control. Learned a frickin lot.
Thanks again...
HO-3

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yo Santy! It sounds like you are growing in the most natural organic style possible. Hopefully mother nature will smile on you as you get them to maturity. Barring anything that you have sprayed on them your finished product will be as pristine and pure as any out there! That is something that you should be very proud of! So don’t get too caught up in this Flushing fever that goes on this time of year. so re-amend and do it next year. You can play with pots on the side. Hope you make it! And don’t lose track of a certain spirituality that goes along with your style. Good luck! My last two cents.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Question is, with the nutrients being supplied from the amended soil is flushing going to be very affective ? Or are the natural nutrients going to continue to be absorbed ?
Flushing is totally unnecessary in natural, mineral soil with organic fertilizers. Altering pH of irrigation water is also not needed except to prevent clogging of emitters from calcium buildup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom