Is Fox Farms Ocean Forest just ass, or am I screwing this up?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamk911

jamk911

Just fyi. You transplanted them.. expect some droop. And the light green growth more than likely is the plant just growing fast if you moved em from another soil that had less nutrients...
Also.. over the years fox farms slowly become less nutritious for plants.. soo although alot of people recall a decade ago fox farm OF burning their small plants.. you may need some nutrients today for a bigger plant in it. Id wait and let them recover from any transplant shock we may not see..

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Exactly three weeks ago, I transplanted 18 plants into 5 gal. fabric bags filled with pure Fox Farms Ocean Forest. In the past, I had amended that soil. This time, I did not.

Well, three weeks into it and all the plants are turning lime green and drooping like mad, starting with new growth and moving throughout the whole plant. I have not added any nutrients.

I'm not over- or under-watering. I have good drainage. The pH of my water is between 6.3-6.6 for every watering. I water until I get a tiny bit of runoff, then wait until it is dry two kuckles down into the soil before watering again. I use tap water, which has iron and other micro-nutrients in it. The air temps vary between 71-81 degrees F. The plants are in full veg, and are getting 18 hours of 500-750 ppfd of full spectrum light, depending on their position.

And the plants all started acting like they were over-watered, even though I know they were not. They began to droop and become lime green from the top, down. Here is a photo of the worst of the plants, at the worst time.

View attachment 1213334

Two days ago I decided to feed them a 1/2 dosing of FF Big Grow (6-4-4) when I watered. Today the plants have perked up to look normal, but they are still lime green. I think they might be greening up, or it could be my imagination. Here's what they look like today.

View attachment 1213338

No longer droopy. Nice and perky again. But (so far) still light color. I don't know how long it should take them to green up.

I thought FF Ocean Forest was supposed to be chock full of macro and micro nutrients. Is it not? Or am I doing something wrong? For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I might be doing wrong, here. I check over and over again, and everything seems right. The only thing I haven't been doing is feeding them nutrients, on the assumption that the Ocean Forest would get them by at least through veg. Seems like the organic nutes should definitely last more than three weeks.

Your sage advice?
I started with that line up had to ditch it for coco , much easier to deal with . I would definitely feed 1/4-50% you should pop right back maybe hit it with some boomerang if you have it.

Top Bottom